Transfers with IU Interest

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They have the Mitchell Twins and they aren't freak athletes. Not saying Sparks isn't a very good player but he isn't real athletic.

How would he compare to Duncomb and Reneau and Banks?  That is probably his competition on the IU team at the moment.

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

How would he compare to Duncomb and Reneau and Banks?  That is probably his competition on the IU team at the moment.

I would say he is pretty similar to the big guy from Wyoming we played last year. I think he is less athletic than Reneau but have a similar game.

10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I dont like his numbers so much but what an athlete. 2 years left I dont like. But coach him up, put some weight on him, look out.

If we lose one or two of the current roster ... the 2 years left wont hurt us for 24/25. In general, I dont want 3 transfers this year with multiple years left, but I do think we can manage 1.... if some move on, especially. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If we lose one or two of the current roster ... the 2 years left wont hurt us for 24/25. In general, I dont want 3 transfers this year with multiple years left, but I do think we can manage 1.... if some move on, especially. 

Yes class balance is important.

• Like 1

The Inside the Hall article states all four coaches were planning to visit both Ledlum and Timberlake. Is that normal?  Seems like rolling four deep is one of those things people take notice of and get worked up over with HS recruits. Maybe they just have time now and can all go. I don’t know. It just stood out to me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

The Inside the Hall article states all four coaches were planning to visit both Ledlum and Timberlake. Is that normal?  Seems like rolling four deep is one of those things people take notice of and get worked up over with HS recruits. Maybe they just have time now and can all go. I don’t know. It just stood out to me. 

It just depends on the situation 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

As much as that might be a signal to the portal player that we are serious about him, it also might be a message to the current players. There is talk that Kenya is a candidate for a HC gig. I know he is tight with several current players. Bringing him on this trip might be a way to send the message that KH isn’t going anywhere 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KDB said:

Would be a great get.

I finally watched some video of both Timberlake and Ledlum. In my untrained coaching casual observer opinion eye.....Timberlake seems far more athletic and honestly has that bit of moxy that I like to see on the court. 

Far more confident stroke. If it comes down to either or....I'll take Timberlake all day long. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I finally watched some video of both Timberlake and Ledlum. In my untrained coaching casual observer opinion eye.....Timberlake seems far more athletic and honestly has that bit of moxy that I like to see on the court. 

Far more confident stroke. If it comes down to either or....I'll take Timberlake all day long. 

My understanding is we want both.  Timberlake is a legit shooting guard.  Ludlum can likely play the 3 or 4.  Probably more a 4ish in my opinion.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

My understanding is we want both.  Timberlake is a legit shooting guard.  Ludlum can likely play the 3 or 4.  Probably more a 4ish in my opinion.  

Find with both but if it comes down to an either or....I'll take Timberlake...unless Coach is seeing Ledlum as his Race and NT as his Kopp maybe?