Indiana vs Miami NCAA Tournament Second Round Game Thread

Reacher

Stop turning it over, stop trying to dribble through them, and don't foul three point shooters. That would be a start in the right direction. 

I miss the days of brick wall screens to put the fear of God in the defense that likes to get into you. Knock their heads off a couple times and see if their D loosens up. 

• Like 3

Just now, SawatchHoosier said:

JHS needs to understand that he has to be a distributor in the 2nd half. He can take any Miami player off the ball and get a player open for the shot.

Exactly. Play D and distribute. Don't look to be the hero. Let it come to you

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Bad first half of the first half but at least we are only down 5. Does Hood Sciffino have his bags packed for the NBA because he didn't show up in the first half. Galloway played with heart but he left 4 points at the line. There is none cause to come out that flat I'm the first 10 minutes of the half. Gave up 8 early points off of offensive rebounds.

JHS looked nervous IMO. He wasn't ready for the physicality of the Miami guards but Galloway being an upperclassman has seen it all.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also a game where we could really use XJ on the ball defense because we can't stop the drive. I think we had to occasions where the shot clock was under 5 but the guards got in for a layup.

We would be crushing them with XJ right now. We definitely miss his aggressiveness this game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also a game where we could really use XJ on the ball defense because we can't stop the drive. I think we had to occasions where the shot clock was under 5 but the guards got in for a layup.

I know right. This was obvious in the first 2 minutes of the game. I almost shed a tear because of it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, DWB said:

I thought JHS looked timid. Just my opinion. But when he played aggressive and drove the ball the length of the court, that's the JHS we all know and love.

Yeah, it's not an effort or caring thing, he cares a lot. He's just a freshmen thats a little shook by Miami's speed and aggressiveness, and by the moment a bit. 

Hopefully he'll settle in. 

• Like 4