The non-IU National Tournament thread…

47 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

Purdue loses to a 16, IU easily beats Kent State, Duke gets beat by 13…..Jay Bilas in shambles right now!

Here's wondering if Bilas, who picked his alma mater for the Final Four, will have similar scathing words for Duke as he had for Purdue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Need to get some playmaking guards in the portal. Non-negotiable IMO. 

I think one athletic wing would do it….but it was alarming that your two guards couldn’t keep their man in front of them. Most teams struggle with quick athletic guards but man it was on a whole nother level. Painter is a good dude but he honestly just blew that game plan. From not being able to get the ball in the post to break down defensively…just didn’t have the answers. Perhaps he did put too much faith in his freshman and should have brought in another veteran in the portal this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think one athletic wing would do it….but it was alarming that your two guards couldn’t keep their man in front of them. Most teams struggle with quick athletic guards but man it was on a whole nother level. Painter is a good dude but he honestly just blew that game plan. From not being able to get the ball in the post to break down defensively…just didn’t have the answers. Perhaps he did put too much faith in his freshman and should have brought in another veteran in the portal this year.

I mean it sucks but hopefully losing Pack for $800k opened up some eyes. I think we had him if not for that insane offer lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

I mean it sucks but hopefully losing Pack for $800k opened up some eyes. I think we had him if not for that insane offer lol. 

Forgot about that…that likely is the difference from a final four team right there.

Do you think Edey comes back? Hard to go out with that taste in his mouth. His draft stock won’t change no matter what…so staying might mean more to him.