The non-IU National Tournament thread…

47 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

"It's even more comical they think they can write a blank check and get whoever they want. Not gonna happen."

You know Purdue fans that think that? Lol

Took me 1 minute to find these on the Purdue board, so yes, we do know:

"Too many at Purdue believe We can’t do better than Painter. I say BS. Get out the checkbook and see who’s interested."

"We need a new coach. Back up the truck and hire Shaka."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

"Too many at Purdue believe We can’t do better than Painter. I say BS. Get out the checkbook and see who’s interested."

Do Purdue fans not realize that Shaka failed at Texas?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rico said:

As Barkley said, Purdue needed a "Plan B."  

Edey can only play one way. 5ft and in.  Clogs the lane and keeps others from being able to drive. No one on Purdue wants to shoot or can shoot consistently from the outside. Pack it in. If they don’t make jump shots you can beat them. 

Woodson can put TJD in multiple spots and situations based on how the defense is playing.  That is why it is important for the kopp Galloway and bates to shoot. You have to keep the defense honest. But when the time comes to score TJD can do it a variety of ways

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Need to get some playmaking guards in the portal. Non-negotiable IMO. 

I rarely go to other teams boards. What's the mood today? Scheme changes? Recruiting larger guards? Find better players for Painter's scheme or does Painter need to change his ways?

It's tough day after to make any real comments because I'm sure everyone is still in shock. I will say as I said before our first game vs you guys. The size our guards have will cause Purdue problems. Loyer and Smith seem like they'll be fine 4 year players but finding another guard with a 5 after the 6 and not a 0 would be helpful.

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I rarely go to other teams boards. What's the mood today? Scheme changes? Recruiting larger guards? Find better players for Painter's scheme or does Painter need to change his ways?

It's tough day after to make any real comments because I'm sure everyone is still in shock. I will say as I said before our first game vs you guys. The size our guards have will cause Purdue problems. Loyer and Smith seem like they'll be fine 4 year players but finding another guard with a 5 after the 6 and not a 0 would be helpful.

Even at the absolute zenith of their mediocrity, they would rather skewer IU than do a little self examination...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

I think I read it wrong. I thought he meant opening up the checkbook to get transfer players in the portal through NIL not a new coach. 

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think it’s a mix but the common theme seems to be that Painter needs to stop being so stubborn and be more open to changing his ways. I think the recruits he’s bringing in don’t necessarily fit the mold of a “typical” Purdue recruit with guys like Colvin and Catchings but I think people are like hey we’ve now lost to 3 double digit seeds in consecutive years it’s time to look in the mirror and realize that something ain’t clicking. 

• Like 1