The non-IU National Tournament thread…

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I don’t like Self, but I’m really concerned about his health, anyone know how bad his hospital trip was?

Kansas coach Bill Self discharged from hospital after heart procedure (yahoo.com)

“KU coach Bill Self was discharged from the University of Kansas Health System today in good condition. He arrived at the emergency department Wednesday evening March 8 complaining of chest tightness and balance concerns,” a statement from the University of Kansas health system said. “Clinical Service Chief for Cardiovascular Medicine and Interventional Cardiologist Dr. Mark Wiley said Coach Self underwent a standard heart catheterization and had two stents placed for the treatment of blocked arteries. Coach Self responded well to the procedure and is expected to make a full recovery.”

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know I missed it on here so apologies in advance if duplicated. Kudos to FAU Head Coach Dusty May sending Penny packing. May was an Eastern Greene guy. Student Manager under Coach Knight. Spent time with Davis staff as well as Mike White. 

This guy is a name we'll be hearing about in a few years. Somebody will step up and get this guy....just a matter of time. 

Very popular guy down here in Florida. They have gotten a lot of respect on radio this year.

• Like 1

Matt Painter and Gene Keady were golfing in the off-season.  After the 14th hole, Gene said let’s go to the clubhouse, which Matt agreed.  Once in the clubhouse, the other golfers asked how they shot.  They said 64.   Everyone was like, that’s amazing for 18 at this course, to which Painter replied “oh no, that’s just for 14.  We’re from Purdue. We never play the final four.”

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

This will hang proudly next to the Helms Banner.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Frd2U0PWcAMDgXo?format=jpg&name=small

Oh the weepy eyed crying is hilarious over there...

"Well... We... We...<sniff>... We wuwuwuwon the BububBig 10 <sniff> regular season championship and tutututourney <sniff>"

😂😂😂

• Haha 3

I remember the last time IU was a one seed….been awhile. Barely got out of the 1st weekend ourselves….this was not one of Purdues best teams…they play hard and had a game changer at center…but this team overachieved during the regular season. Clearly underachieved in the post-season but everyone knew they had issues at guard. Just a matter of time. I don’t delight in others misery as I have Purdue friends and family…but man I haven’t heard from a one of them today….going to be a long time before they can show their face…much less talk basketball. I don’t think it’s a coincidence the two number 1s to lose were Purdue and Virgina who play some of the slowest pace of play in D1.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I remember the last time IU was a one seed….been awhile. Barely got out of the 1st weekend ourselves….this was not one of Purdues best teams…

If healthy 09-10 Purdue team of consisting of juniors Hummel, Moore, and Johnson would have abused this team. And god forbid we forgot about the 93-94 team with Glenn Robinson. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Take Edey off that team and they STILL should have won that game by 15 based on talent.  I think they feature Edey too much.  It restricts what the the others can do.

The freshmen backcourt was never going to work in the tournament either.  

I'll confess I did not see the PU game last night (my daughter had an event), but my guess is there was an over-reliance on Edey, and when he was taken away, no one else was ready to step up.

Actually FDU did ad good if a job I saw this year defending Edey. Purdue went line 4-26 from 3

32 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Oh the weepy eyed crying is hilarious over there...

"Well... We... We...<sniff>... We wuwuwuwon the BububBig 10 <sniff> regular season championship and tutututourney <sniff>"

😂😂😂

It's even more comical they think they can write a blank check and get whoever they want. Not gonna happen. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I remember the last time IU was a one seed….been awhile. Barely got out of the 1st weekend ourselves….this was not one of Purdues best teams…they play hard and had a game changer at center…but this team overachieved during the regular season. Clearly underachieved in the post-season but everyone knew they had issues at guard. Just a matter of time. I don’t delight in others misery as I have Purdue friends and family…but man I haven’t heard from a one of them today….going to be a long time before they can show their face…much less talk basketball. I don’t think it’s a coincidence the two number 1s to lose were Purdue and Virgina who play some of the slowest pace of play in D1.

Need to get some playmaking guards in the portal. Non-negotiable IMO. 

• Like 1