Wisconsin Post Game Thread

KDB

18 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Only to the eternal optimist! 😉

Well in all fairness....I remember a reputable coach saying "a bad shot is like a turnover", so I guess my perception of turnover was clouded by a bunch of forced, bad shots. More than normal.

When you guys re-watch the game again, take a look at this adjustment on D that we made.

I think one (not the only one) adjust that Woody made on the defense, was how we handled high ball screens while we were on defense. Opponent ball handler dribbles from elbow to top of circle, where an offensive man sets the high ball screen...today (as opposed to other games) our guy on defense for the screener, didn't hold his position against the screener, but rather backed up to let our defensive guy on the ball handler "slip thru" unabated, and be able to recover almost instantly to the ball handler.

Prior to this we got smothered on the screen or were forced to go behind our own defensive man to get back to the ball handler, most of the time too late.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’d say at least half of Wisconsin’s points were on very difficult shots due to the defense we were playing, too. Really nice to see, because i think the offense will continue to improve. I think one of the announcers said that none of them saw this coming. I’m in that same camp, but happy to be there. Big W!

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

I was driving today, so I listened to a majority of the game. When I turned it on Wisconsin had cut it to 45-35. My heart sank a bit, but the grit remained on the floor. It was a glimpse of what we watched early in the year. If the talk of getting Race back in a couple of weeks is true, and this effort continues, we may not be a lost cause after all. 

It wasn't close though, they didn't threaten. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

I just looked at the stats.  Essegian was 4-13 in FGs...3-7 from 3.  Seemed like he didn't miss.

That's what Kopp would look like if we tried to run offense through him. And one of his four makes was on a miscommunication between Bates and JG. 

For as much as they spoke about him, I expected more. 

Good complimentary player though. 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That's what Kopp would look like if we tried to run offense through him. And one of his four makes was on a miscommunication between Bates and JG. 

Are you trying to say Kopp wouldn’t be efficient if we tried to run offense through him?

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Honestly, I thought Essegian was the only bright spot for the Badgers.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Lot of people that missed on him, but being an Indiana boy we should have known his capabilities. 

Archie Miller should have idenitfied him. We had Gunn committed before Woody got on campus..  Woodson would have had to break that relationship with Keefer/LN and all the Indy coaches see that. 

So, I agree, we should have.. just hard to put that on this staff, imo. 

• Like 3