Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

39 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

You know they can! Purdue should have shot their free throws, then MSU should have shot theirs and got the ball. Since it was a flagrant foul aand Edy should have been ejected. 

Don’t think that warranted an ejection. It all stemmed from Sissoko fouling Edey (which wasn’t called). 

This could’ve very well been called a hook and hold on Hauser and not to mention the no call when Newman got launched lol. No fouls were called on MSU. 

36 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don’t think that warranted an ejection. It all stemmed from Sissoko fouling Edey (which wasn’t called). 

This could’ve very well been called a hook and hold on Hauser and not to mention the no call when Newman got launched lol. No fouls were called on MSU. 

Honestly, Edey made the decision to pivot and throw Sissoko to the floor. An ejection would have been completely justified in that situation. Just because a player has the audacity to touch your arm doesn't give you the right to try to rip it off. Stop trying to defend it on an IU message board and just admit they let him get away with it.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I always try to justify IU not being trash by comparing us to MSU, too. It was dirty, pointing out that MSU is also dirty isn’t the flex you think it is. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Honestly, Edey made the decision to pivot and throw Sissoko to the floor. An ejection would have been completely justified in that situation. Just because a player has the audacity to touch your arm doesn't give you the right to try to rip it off. Stop trying to defend it on an IU message board and just admit they let him get away with it.

I did admit he probably got away with one lol. 

18 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Ohio State at Nebraska in about an hour... Boy, the Buckeyes need a win in the worst way... Rough schedule the rest of the way...

Screenshot_20230118-170851.thumb.png.d33e3e36e692d53c6c41ae2314cf45cd.png

Hope they lose them all. We need four teams to finish behind us, so we don’t play the first day of BTT. We already have losses to three of the four teams immediately ahead of us, so it will be a slog to climb up, without tiebreakers currently in our favor

41 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not sure the rankings are an accurate barometer. Unranked Iowa smoked Iowa State by 19... 

40 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Somehow OSU is 24 in NET. They are on track to lose their 5th straight at NE. Only quality win was home against Rutgers in a game they really lost

My point isn't how good Iowa State and OSU are.  My point is the Big Ten is not very good.  Gonna be a whole lot of 7-11 seeds for the conference come tournament time.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Somehow OSU is 24 in NET. They are on track to lose their 5th straight at NE. Only quality win was home against Rutgers in a game they really lost

Is it too bold to say that Holtmann is a bit overrated? I feel like he gets a lot of praise/kudos but he’s only made one S16 and that was at Butler despite having a ton of talent at OSU.