Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I enjoy the banter and discussion. 

It’s the best, most informative and most respectable IU message board out there! The ONLY time this message board is frustrating, is after an IU loss. Way too many unfamiliar people who ONLY post trash after a loss and are the first to post accolades after a win. 

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Or they’re children who should be ejected from nearly every game.

I can’t imagine any other workplace aside from college basketball where it’s okay to berate someone like Izzo, Fran, etc do. 

Just saying that this is tame compared to the past. Did you ever see replays of baseball managers and umps back in the day. For me sports are getting less and less personality in the game and want everything so sterile.

5 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

It’s the best, most informative and most respectable IU message board out there! The ONLY time this message board is frustrating, is after an IU loss. Way too many unfamiliar people who ONLY post trash after a loss and are the first to post accolades after a win. 

I don’t disagree at all. And I stay away after IU losses too. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

@5fouls really hit the nail on the head. TKR is a guy who really needs to play a lot to really get into a groove. He’s had some really productive games when he actually plays solid minutes but when you’ve got a NPOY front runner and a versatile big like Furst in front of you, it can be tough to grab minutes. And idk what it is but it seems like the refs have had it out for him when it comes to some shaky whistles this year haha. 

His low-post game is really good and I think he’ll get his chance once Edey leaves. Just stuck behind a stud right now. 

Doesn't he see himself as a wing and didn't want to come here because he was afraid they would use him like TJD

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just saying that this is tame compared to the past. Did you ever see replays of baseball managers and umps back in the day. For me sports are getting less and less personality in the game and want everything so sterile.

Meh, while Bob Knight would certainly lay into officials, he didn't pace up and down the sideline, stand halfway onto the court and jump up and down like a petulant child on every possession. 

Izzo does that from tip to final buzzer every game. It'd ridiculous and needs to be forced out of the game with T's and ejections. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Doesn't he see himself as a wing and didn't want to come here because he was afraid they would use him like TJD

I just think Painter and staff did a better job recruiting him than Archie tbh. Who knows what he saw himself as but if he saw himself as a wing, bulking up like he did his senior year of high school kind of seems counterintuitive to being a wing player I’d imagine. 

15 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Also absurd.

This happens when people think everything has to be perfect and fair. Replays have hurt all sports and it just takes away any momentum the game has. I was listening to it and for 32 minutes the offense was really bad. It finally got going and then the long replay and all the timeouts killed the flow

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

His relationship with Painter compared to is relationship with Indiana's head coach at the time had more to do with it than where he was going to play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I just think Painter and staff did a better job recruiting him than Archie tbh. Who knows what he saw himself as but if he saw himself as a wing, bulking up like he did his senior year of high school kind of seems counterintuitive to being a wing player I’d imagine. 

Didn't say that is why he went to Purdue. I thought I remember seeing something to this extent to where he wanted to play on the wing 

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought the same thing.  Sounds like Geronimo and Justin Smith to me.  Why do so many bigs think they can dribble and shoot from distance...?

50 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I’ve seen it live, I’m in my mid 30s it’s not like this is all new.

It has nothing to do with sterile to say coaches shouldn’t verbally abuse refs. You started a thread recently about fixing officiating, one fix would be to make the refs not only feel comfortable but mandate that type of behavior isn’t going to be tolerated. So often the end result of Izzo or Fran acting like assholes is a reward. The result should be they’re kicked out. Keep doing it and find yourself suspended. 

• Like 3