Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Minny takes down Ohio State in Columbus...

Maybe every team is going to finish 10-10 in the league...

Let's see them seed that for the BTT? 🙂

Would it be better for all the teams to be within a a game or two of .500 either direction or do we want some teams with just 4 or 5 wins so we don't finish last? 

4 minutes ago, EvilleHoosier said:

Would it be better for all the teams to be within a a game or two of .500 either direction or do we want some teams with just 4 or 5 wins so we don't finish last? 

Uh, if we finish 10-10 we are easily in the tournament and that means finishing the season winning 9 of the next 15.  We would all call that salvaging the season, with X and Race out indefinitely. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Uh, if we finish 10-10 we are easily in the tournament and that means finishing the season winning 9 of the next 15.  We would all call that salvaging the season, with X and Race out indefinitely. 

10-10 we are definitely in. I was referring to if most or all are within a game or two either direction. It was more wishful thinking that we could get to anywhere close 9-11 the way we have been playing, but in the scenario with the current trend holding up in the conference where anyone can just about beat anyone and most most teams finish between 11-9 and 9-11, 9-11 could still mean last place. 

4 minutes ago, EvilleHoosier said:

10-10 we are definitely in. I was referring to if most or all are within a game or two either direction. It was more wishful thinking that we could get to anywhere close 9-11 the way we have been playing, but in the scenario with the current trend holding up in the conference where anyone can just about beat anyone and most most teams finish between 11-9 and 9-11, 9-11 could still mean last place. 

That would be wild and I would love it.  Honestly it would take a miracle for this team to finish 9-11.  

11 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

The bad news is we are tied for last place in the conference now but the good news is the entire league is packed tightly like of can of sardines right now.

Need to find a way to get a W against the filthy Badgers.

It currently looks like PU and MSU are in position to run away with it. Barf

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

Seems like just about every B1G team has some real ups and downs this season except for Purdue. Really thought Ohio St was looking good as a likely #2 team now they've lost 3 in a row including a baffling home loss to MN. Terrible call on what was a clean block at the end, but some karma for their win over Rutgers.

If the call isn’t made does #55 have time to lay it in?

There is nobody near the basket to stop him 

Karma from Rutgers ?

2 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Seems like just about every B1G team has some real ups and downs this season except for Purdue. Really thought Ohio St was looking good as a likely #2 team now they've lost 3 in a row including a baffling home loss to MN. Terrible call on what was a clean block at the end, but some karma for their win over Rutgers.

The B1G is really down this year

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

The B1G is really down this year

I made a comment several years ago that struck a nerve with Purdue fans, but I believed it then and still believe it today: when the Big Ten is strong, teams like Purdue and Wisconsin can be in the upper half, but aren't considered the top contenders. When the league is perceived to be down, Purdue and Wisconsin are almost always near the top.

This is the weakest the league has been in a long time, and who are the only currently ranked teams? Purdue and Wisconsin. 

Edited by TheWatShot
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I made a comment several years ago that struck a nerve with Purdue fans, but I believed it then and still believe it today: when the Big Ten is strong, teams like Purdue and Wisconsin can be in the upper half, but aren't considered the top contenders. When the league is perceived to be down, Purdue and Wisconsin are almost near the top.

This is the weakest the league has been in a long time, and who are the only currently ranked teams? Purdue and Wisconsin. 

Rivalry aside, I actually don't mind Purdue's style of basketball. It's more pleasant and entertaining than Wisconsin's, which feels like a task when watching. Rutgers, Northwestern are other teams that have a traditional bias of "ugly" basketball.

The perception of the league is down because the 'exciting' style of play isn't translating into wins. IU needs to be high flying and sharp; same with OSU, the Michigan duo and Illinois. Obviously outside of MSU, the others are all stuck in the mud right now.

Honestly my 2nd time watching Illini this year. Just getting a look for when we see them next week. I'm seeing a ton of iso sets without iso personnel for them. Sparty is just going to the rim. In a weird way I think we want Illinois to win to make the Big all bunched up until we get healthy but I like our matchup vs Illinois next week.