Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

29 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

What is our society tolerate pieces of trash like this

I have no idea. As rough as it has been at IU during Izzo's tenure at MSU, I am happy they've had him and not us. He's complete garbage when it comes to things that matter a lot more than basketball. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Izzo is always such a class act. 

What in the what is this? Izzo man....just another layer into a very big onion. I'm  still waiting for him to comment on the nation largest sexual abuse case in our history that happened right under his nose and yet he expects us to believe he had no idea it was going on?

I can't wait for the Izzo's of the world to move along. Guys like him and Ryan love/loved tackle basketball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach Robby said:

Shrew shredding officiating after loss to PU. He isn’t wrong at all. Needs addressed league wide. Multiple coaches complaining is an issue (yes I know they both lost)

Didn't get a chance to watch it so what happened in that game. Was it just the same crap we have seen fur years.

23 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

What in the what is this? Izzo man....just another layer into a very big onion. I'm  still waiting for him to comment on the nation largest sexual abuse case in our history that happened right under his nose and yet he expects us to believe he had no idea it was going on?

I can't wait for the Izzo's of the world to move along. Guys like him and Ryan love/loved tackle basketball.

Izzo’s too busy praying for the survivors. And bailing former players out of jail. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Purdue's young guards continue to impress. Actually playing better in conference games than non-con which is unusual for 1 guy much less 2. Still a long way to go but hats off to those 2. 

kenpom projections aside from Purdue (top) and MN (bottom) are pretty wild, everyone else between 8-12 wins.

Loyer and Smith have been the two biggest surprises for me no doubt. 

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't get a chance to watch it so what happened in that game. Was it just the same crap we have seen fur years.

Basically. Total of 10 free throws shot in the game, very physical game obviously. Please keep in mind, I am not blaming officials for losing, but as a whole, it has gotten worse the last few years. 

TJD literally got fouled 3 times in a row at the rim yesterday, then they call a foul that was less than any of the 3 they didn't call earlier. 

I don't get it. Fran acts like a moron ALL the time, multiple T's yearly. Woody got mad the other night, Shrewsberry last night. They need to clean some things up, big time before too long. It's already been 23 years since the B1G won a national title.  Any more unusual situations or coaches whining in the presser, maybe there should be an investigation done?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach Robby said:

Basically. Total of 10 free throws shot in the game, very physical game obviously. Please keep in mind, I am not blaming officials for losing, but as a whole, it has gotten worse the last few years. 

TJD literally got fouled 3 times in a row at the rim yesterday, then they call a foul that was less than any of the 3 they didn't call earlier. 

I don't get it. Fran acts like a moron ALL the time, multiple T's yearly. Woody got mad the other night, Shrewsberry last night. They need to clean some things up, big time before too long. It's already been 23 years since the B1G won a national title.  Any more unusual situations or coaches whining in the presser, maybe there should be an investigation done?

That is why I opened the thread about how to reform college officiating because it is so bad

On 1/9/2023 at 3:02 PM, NotIThatLives said:

I thought it was interesting after CMW laid into the officials after Iowa that the conference was crickets.  If they have no teeth in cracking  down on coaches then Woodson needs to blast them every single time they are bad until something changes.  Looks like Fransis and Cry baby Izzo know this and exploit it.  

It would be comical for the conference to start fining coaches for complaints about the refs when they're as bad as they are game after game, year after year. It's much easier for the B1G to ignore it than look at the root cause. 

• Like 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

It would be comical for the conference to start fining coaches for complaints about the refs when they're as bad as they are game after game, year after year. It's much easier for the B1G to ignore it than look at the root cause. 

Then Woody and IU administration needs to blast away.  Blast during games and after games.  The admin needs to form a committee on it's own to investigate ways to improve reffing and also issue public statements to hold refs accountable.   We have heard that the refs are scored and graded.  I'm assuming this information could be forced to be made public.  Leak it, on purpose.  Put major pressure on the conference and the refs to improve.  If they don't like it, move to new Mexico and ref down there and hire more young refs out of the MAC and Summit.  Someone needs to overhaul and fix it and it starts with accountability.   

• Like 2

Interesting interview with Rick Boyages, former associate commissioner with the Big Ten who was in charge of officiating for the conference for a long time.

Interview starts around 45 min in if you want to skip over two Michigan guys talking about the Big Ten.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/former-big-ten-mbb-head-rick-boyages-explains-officiating/id1441320419?i=1000593571580

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Anyone watching Minnesota -Ohio State? FS1 Is splitting the screen, showing both coaches whore micced up, and still have announcers... Annoying as hell...

PXL_20230113_005739878_MP.thumb.jpg.22b680bed480d7701e1b92984cd69ac1.jpg

BTW, Minnesota is up 9 with 7 and change to go at Value City Arena 😮

My brother, who lives in Minneapolis, said the same thing.

And btw, both B1G games look like the visitors are going to win