Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I am use to the behavior and never have a problem with it

Thats fine, I just find it to be absurd and extremely childish. At any other level coaches would be T'd up and tossed, but for some reason we let college coaches act like petulant children on the sidelines. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Thats fine, I just find it to be absurd and extremely childish. At any other level coaches would be T'd up and tossed, but for some reason we let college coaches act like petulant children on the sidelines. 

Back in the 80's you had a lot of coaches who worked the officials and were a little nuts. Rollie Masimino? was a big character on the side line for Villanova.  It seemed like the big east and big ten had a lot of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Back in the 80's you had a lot of coaches who worked the officials and were a little nuts. Rollie Masimino? was a big character on the side line for Villanova.  It seemed like the big east and big ten had a lot of them.

Yeah, I watched those guys too. Great era for sure. 

But, we still shouldn't allow coaches to act like maniacs on the sideline. At no other level is that allowed. At no other level do we let coaches just scream in officials faces and jump up and down like children, not mention coach halway out onto the court. 

• Like 2

Just now, BGleas said:

Yeah, I watched those guys too. Great era for sure. 

But, we still shouldn't allow coaches to act like maniacs on the sideline. At no other level is that allowed. At no other level do we let coaches just scream in officials faces and jump up and down like children, not mention coach halway out onto the court. 

I miss the days of baseball managers going against the Umpires in MLB. To me they are trying to take all the extra stuff away from sports that made it entertaining 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I miss the days of baseball managers going against the Umpires in MLB. To me they are trying to take all the extra stuff away from sports that made it entertaining 

Like I said the other day, you can have charisma and personality without acting like a spoiled, crying baby. The officials shouldn't allow it. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

They ain't callin' crap in the Michigan -MSU game... Same crew that was calling touches, and our face met their elbow fouls in our game... 

And that's the part that annoys me about this crew and our conference. Those 3 are human. They read the posts or tweets or articles,etc....and they changed on a dime. Just consistency is all we ask.