Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

11 hours ago, Bustout said:

Heard Mayer is hurt for Illini too.  Possibly season-ending.  Brutal. 

I heard shoulder but not the season ending part. Hate that for any players. One thing that stood out to me this morning as I just take a casual look at lines.....Illini favored by 7?? Sounds like Vegas know for sure Wahl isn't playing for Wisconsin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I heard shoulder but not the season ending part. Hate that for any players. One thing that stood out to me this morning as I just take a casual look at lines.....Illini favored by 7?? Sounds like Vegas know for sure Wahl isn't playing for Wisconsin.

Actually like to see Illinois and Michigan State win today, as distasteful as that is to me 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like Vegas know for sure Wahl isn't playing for Wisconsin.

Wahl officially out with injury for Wisconsin.  Averaging 13.2 points and 6.4 rebounds per game.

Expect to see more of Connor Essegian, a freshman guard from Fort Wayne having a very good first season with over 10 points per game. 

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Wahl officially out with injury for Wisconsin.  Averaging 13.2 points and 6.4 rebounds per game.

Expect to see more of Connor Essegian, a freshman guard from Fort Wayne having a very good first season with over 10 points per game. 

Confident stroke right there by Essegian.

• Like 1

Having watched parts of two big ten games and then turn it on the UK and Alabama it is night and day. The difference in the style of play and just the length and athletic ability is so different.  I think this is the main reason it has been 22 years since the big ten has won a championship 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Having watched parts of two big ten games and then turn it on the UK and Alabama it is night and day. The difference in the style of play and just the length and athletic ability is so different.  I think this is the main reason it has been 22 years since the big ten has won a championship 

Although like a Big Ten game, the free throw attempts are 21 to 4 in favor of Alabama. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Although like a Big Ten game, the free throw attempts are 21 to 4 in favor of Alabama. 

In the first half UK's top 3 scorers were held scoreless.

I just think these kind of athletes don't want to play in the big ten because of the ste of play. 

Edited by IU Scott

Just now, BGleas said:

3 minutes into the Michigan-MSU game and Izzo is losing his mind screaming in the refs faces, and I'll add as usual he was completely wrong on what he was screaming about. 

Crazy that refs let these college coaches do this without any technicals. 

It was the right call....but he was ticked that Dickinson slammed his guy down. Honestly after Thursday I'd go the Fran way with this crew. It works.

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

So I guess this is going to be another one of those years where everybody except Purdue loses a double digit scorer for multiple games at a time? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

3 minutes into the Michigan-MSU game and Izzo is losing his mind screaming in the refs faces, and I'll add as usual he was completely wrong on what he was screaming about. 

Crazy that refs let these college coaches do this without any technicals. 

Like I have said before coaches in college had done this since I have been watching college basketball.  The refs need to control the game better.  Remember watching an old IU/PU game and within 3 minutes of the game both RMK and Keady had techs. Keady knew when RMK got his tech that it was time for to work the officials. Keady knew how the refs would coward down to RMK especially in Assembly Hall.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Like I have said before coaches in college had done this since I have been watching college basketball.  The refs need to control the game better.  Remember watching an old IU/PU game and within 3 minutes of the game both RMK and Keady had techs. Keady knew when RMK got his tech that it was time for to work the officials. Keady knew how the refs would coward down to RMK especially in Assembly Hall.

Yeah, blaming the refs. They let it happen, but the behavior from these coaches is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It was the right call....but he was ticked that Dickinson slammed his guy down. Honestly after Thursday I'd go the Fran way with this crew. It works.

I dont know that he slammed him down. He fouled him while the guy was in a bit of a vulnerable position. 

Either way, Izzo acts like a raving lunatic and the refs let him. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, BGleas said:

I dont know that he slammed him down. He fouled him while the guy was in a bit of a vulnerable position. 

Either way, Izzo acts like a raving lunatic and the refs let him. 

Slam wasn't right word for sure. I'm watching this game and the difference in athletes is so visible vs what Illinois/Sconny have but guess what....doesn't matter if  you can't make open shots. Wow these teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Slam wasn't right word for sure. I'm watching this game and the difference in athletes is so visible vs what Illinois/Sconny have but guess what....doesn't matter if  you can't make open shots. Wow these teams.

Agree. Not sure MSU and Michigan are better, but the size and athleticism jumps off the screen much more.