Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

6 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Right now it's more fun watching PU vs. the Loosiers.....

They are playing the brand of basketball us old timers like

I hate having to agree to this but you are correct. I love watching the ball move and not die in the hands of certain players. I don't hate the IU offense but it is so reactionary to what the defense does to Trayce and can become stagnant. 

I had heard Coach Knight say a million times that the defense is always wrong. I heard Zeke on a podccast last week say that there were no plays and no OB plays they were taught how to play and how to react instantly to how the defense played. By doing that they always stayed a step or two ahead. Currently we react but its just so slow and methodical. 

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I will get killed for this but both are the type of guys that would have shined under CBK and are under Painter. I never thought Loyer would have this type of impact but I never doubted Smith.  

Let's face it, Purdue is the best program in the state and has by far the best coach in the state. I wish he was coaching Indiana. Quite frankly Indiana football and basketball suck. I am not and never have been a Woodson or a Tom Allen fan. I can't wait till they are both gone so Indiana can start rebuild with a new coach. Shake my head at their program!

11 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Let's face it, Purdue is the best program in the state and has by far the best coach in the state. I wish he was coaching Indiana. Quite frankly Indiana football and basketball suck. I am not and never have been a Woodson or a Tom Allen fan. I can't wait till they are both gone so Indiana can start rebuild with a new coach. Shake my head at their program!

LOL what? Woodson got to the tournament last year with Archie's roster. Replaced players with a couple 5 stars. One of those 5 stars have hit a wall recently... He's been there a season and a half. Combine that with X injury and now Race? We've been ranked all season too.... Football I can agree on, basketball, no.

PS Not disagreeing with Painter being the best in the state. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

LOL what? Woodson got to the tournament last year with Archie's roster. Replaced players with a couple 5 stars. One of those 5 stars have hit a wall recently... He's been there a season and a half. Combine that with X injury and now Race? We've been ranked all season too.... Football I can agree on, basketball, no.

PS Not disagreeing with Painter being the best in the state. 

Coach, I am aware of that. I am just stating that I was not happy with his hiring and I don't think it will work in the long term. Yes, there was improvement and it has been good for the former players and school but he was average at best in the NBA and to me that is his ceiling at Indiana. 

I hope I am wrong but if I am I will be the first one to step up and eat crow and admit that I was way off base. I hope I have to do that but I really don't think that I will.

Injuries are killing you guys 

you have tons of young talent and the ability to get transfers 

If JHS is one & done you have Cupps & TG next year so a portal is guaranteed 

Young athletic wings..,,hopefully Gunn & Bank can get some run this year 

Malik & Logan are talented but not prime time ready 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

To be completely fair on the out coached by Loyola and Houston… those two coaches out coach a lot of guys when it comes to X and Os. 

Loyola was definitely a coaching malpractice. Houston was simply better and Illinois was operating at around 80% all season with injuries and other health issues. IU seems to be having one of those seasons this year unfortunately.

Edited by BruceDouglas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

I hate how likeable Matt Painter is