Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Do we think Collins makes a jump after this year?? I mean there is going to be a huge drop off after losing a veteran backcourt like they have now. You always have a chance in college basketball with good veteran guards. 

He'll only be around Northwestern until almost any other P6 team calls and wants him... Northwestern is now and has always been a crap job... 

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Do we think Collins makes a jump after this year?? I mean there is going to be a huge drop off after losing a veteran backcourt like they have now. You always have a chance in college basketball with good veteran guards. 

I honestly thought and still believe that our comrades to the West should have hired Collins before Groce. I don't think Collins is going anywhere. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

There were rumors that ND might be looking at him. But that situation is messy right now 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I honestly thought and still believe that our comrades to the West should have hired Collins before Groce. I don't think Collins is going anywhere. 

NW is one of those programs that like Penn St will make a run every 4-5 years with a senior laden team. Very hard to bring in talent year after year to stay at the top.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

There were rumors that ND might be looking at him. But that situation is messy right now 

Much easier to rectify than keeping NW relevant. ND plays in the ACC and can recruit every catholic school on the east coast…not to mention has a great presence in a basketball rich state. It’s no contest and that can be turned around in a couple seasons…especially with some favorable portal work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Much easier to rectify than keeping NW relevant. ND plays in the ACC and can recruit every catholic school on the east coast…not to mention has a great presence in a basketball rich state. It’s no contest and that can be turned around in a couple seasons…especially with some favorable portal work.

Collins is pretty good Coach when he has better players, but wouldn’t surprise me if he stays at NW after this season. However, once they bow out of the tournament, let the bidding war commence 

• Like 2

Big Ten refs never cease to amaze.

Fran gets tossed on an objectively wrong call where two techs are given at Northwestern. The first was pretty marginal, barely out of the box and not being demonstrative by anyone’s standards. Then he got pretty upset and “earned” the second, but how is this officiating allowed?

Much like Woody at NW earlier this week, refs do an objectively awful job then compound it. The conference has to get a handle on this. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Big Ten refs never cease to amaze.

Fran gets tossed on an objectively wrong call where two techs are given at Northwestern. The first was pretty marginal, barely out of the box and not being demonstrative by anyone’s standards. Then he got pretty upset and “earned” the second, but how is this officiating allowed?

Much like Woody at NW earlier this week, refs do an objectively awful job then compound it. The conference has to get a handle on this. 

I particularly enjoyed the EFF you, with the middle finger extended. I think that's when the real fight started. 🤪

• Haha 2