Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I see Sensabaugh going pro, Keys transferring and Sueing and McNeil graduates. If Thornton transfers I wouldn't mind IU to go after him. I't mind sng IU go after him.

Only if JHS goes pro... Other than that, I'd stand pat with what we have...

Kid needs to lose some weight and become more disciplined on the court... 

Wonder if it was something similar for you guys but apparently someone from the B1G office let Painter/Purdue know that they missed roughly two dozen calls that would’ve helped Purdue when they played Northwestern. Just mind-boggling how there’s no accountability for such awful officiating. I’m guessing they missed 10+ against them versus you too. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Wonder if it was something similar for you guys but apparently someone from the B1G office let Painter/Purdue know that they missed roughly two dozen calls that would’ve helped Purdue when they played Northwestern. Just mind-boggling how there’s no accountability for such awful officiating. I’m guessing they missed 10+ against them versus you too. 

Probably because they want NW as decent seed in the B10 tournament, since it’s in Chicago and of course Chicago $$$$. It is what it is

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Water under the bridge... They're not going to award any victories over it...

What I'd really like to know is how, in addition to one of the easier schedules in the Big 10, you guys get almost a week off before we play on Saturday? 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

What I'd really like to know is how, in addition to one of the easier schedules in the Big 10, you guys get almost a week off before we play on Saturday? 

Our ladies get a week off before playing Iowa. Quirks of the conference schedule.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I can believe they admitted missing calls that would have benefitted Turdue. I don't believe they admitted missing 24 calls without some officials being suspended.  Sounds like that story got more and more exaggerated the further it travelled

• Like 2

Just now, FKIM01 said:

I can believe they admitted missing calls that would have benefitted Turdue. I don't believe they admitted missing 24 calls without some officials being suspended.  Sounds like that story got more and more exaggerated the further it travelled

Came from our head beat writer and he’s not one to exaggerate stuff like that so who knows. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Never said it would change things. Just goes to show how bad officiating has been in conference. 

14 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Never said it would change things. Just goes to show how bad officiating has been in conference. 

It’s college basketball….unless the conference decides it wants to clean up its act and hold refs accountable by not employing the ones that perform poorly I don’t know what else to say. B1G has like a billion dollar broadcasting contract you think they could hire and train some competent officials. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2