IUBB 22/‘23

6 minutes ago, DWB said:

Stole this from the BTB board....credit to Assembly Call.

Through 8 Big Ten games, Trey Galloway is:

• 2nd in ORtg (132.6)
• 1st in 3P% (52.4%, 11-21)
• 8th in 2P% (60.7%, 17-28)
• 2nd in eFG% (68.4%)

All while sporting a low TORate of just 11.1%. #iubb

— Assembly Call (,🔴) (@AssemblyCall) January 23, 2023

And...has a motor that won't stop. His D is pretty darn good too!

He's 15-29 from 3 on the year... shew

• Like 2

Trayce really has chance to move up the national ranks in a few categories (Blocks, eFG%) if he maintains his play of late.

IU 3rd Nationally in FG% https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/team/148

and 13th in Team eFG% but Marquette only team above us from a major conference

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/team/1288

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

Trace is one of the best bigs IU has ever had. One of the best that has come through college basketball.

We have seen flashes of Malik having exceptional ability as well. I look forward to seeing how he turns out as he gets acclimated to the B1G gauntlet.

1C13A041-11B6-42AF-AF8E-674940A83F8F.jpeg

In the post game on Sunday, one of the IU beat writers was trying to get both Woody and Trey to comment on Trayce's place in the Parthenon of IU greats...

Both talked about him in the terms of the past few games... I thought the question was well framed, but both seemed to kinda miss the overall point... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

In the post game on Sunday, one of the IU beat writers was trying to get both Woody and Trey to comment on Trayce's place in the Parthenon of IU greats...

Both talked about him in the terms of the past few games... I thought the question was well framed, but both seemed to kinda miss the overall point... 

I didn't hear the question, but maybe they just were deflecting?

I think it's fair for us to talk about where TJD ranks all-time, but he and Woody may want to wait to answer until after the season. Still a pretty wide-range of where he can end up in Hoosier History, IMO. 

• Like 2

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I didn't hear the question, but maybe they just were deflecting?

I think it's fair for us to talk about where TJD ranks all-time, but he and Woody may want to wait to answer until after the season. Still a pretty wide-range of where he can end up in Hoosier History, IMO. 

I kinda thought the same thing as far as Woody goes... Don't want anyone to be reading their press clippings...

But I bet Senior Night this year will be very special... 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I just hope people don't knock Trayce because of a lack of tournament success. A few other IU greats didn't have any either. Without Trayce I don't even want to think what the last 5 seasons would have looked like. 

It's not about knocking him, it's just that he's getting into the upper, upper echelon of IU greats in terms of where he stacks up. 

When you get into those discussions of all-time greats you're going to have to split hairs when ranking, etc. 

TJD has been absolutely phenomenal, there's no debate there, but again when you get near the top of the IU list debate, winning is usually what will be used to separate guys. 

Unfortunately for TJD, and not really his fault, but he hadn't won even remotely close to the other guys at the top of the list. He's never even finished above .500 on conference. 

Again, where he's at it's splitting hairs but it is what it is. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I just hope people don't knock Trayce because of a lack of tournament success. A few other IU greats didn't have any either. Without Trayce I don't even want to think what the last 5 seasons would have looked like. 

I am not knocking him but what other all time great had not gotten past the first round. What constitutes a tournament success

30 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Well Walt Bellamy would be the most comparable. 

But is he?

Bellamy was the starting center on the gold medal-winning 1960 American basketball team at the 1960 Summer Olympics. 10 of the 12 college players on the undefeated American squad went on to play professionally in the NBA, including fellow Big Ten player Terry Dischinger and fellow future Hall-of-Famers Jerry West, Oscar Robertson, and Jerry Lucas.

• Like 1