High School Hoops

rico

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure why you are quoting his stats. He played well but he won’t play like that v college competition. If he can’t shoot free throws better than that he becomes a liability 

He won't ever have 19p 11r in a college game? 👍

Why do you think every high major coach in the midwest was at the game tonight? 

19p 11r 5b in state championship game against a 32-0 Ben Davis team. Mercy.. I'm posting his stats because I wanted to post his stats lol 

Without him Kokomo gets absolutely MURDERED. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He won't ever have 19p 11r in a college game? 👍

Why do you think every high major coach in the midwest was at the game tonight? 

19p 11r 5b in state championship game against a 32-0 Ben Davis team. Mercy.. I'm posting his stats because I wanted to post his stats lol 

Without him Kokomo gets absolutely MURDERED. 

I know why every coach was in attendance. I can’t predict what he’ll do in college. He put up big numbers v a high school team. He will face higher competition in college and he will be like Hack a Shaq if he can’t shoot free throws any better than he did tonight 

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

With this unbiased eye I never noticed a lot of really questionable calls. Hart also shot a lot of questionable shots and well

Was rooting for Hart & Miners 

didn’t see anything obvious 

Hart took some tough fadeaways and deep 3’s 

You don’t want Furst to dunk…play D

9 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I know why every coach was in attendance. I can’t predict what he’ll do in college. He put up big numbers v a high school team. He will face higher competition in college and he will be like Hack a Shaq if he can’t shoot free throws any better than he did tonight 

That won't happen. And his FTs weren't the story of the night. His play was and BD undefeated was.  

9 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I thought I heard on the broadcast where Binunya was 59% for the year from the stripe?

28 minutes ago, rico said:

I, personally, would call it pretty solid.

It is... and it isn't close to a percentage where you could play hack a Shaq. 

Looks like Flory was a normal 16-17 yr old on a stage like that for the first time. Wasn't the first, won't be the last. 

Every free throw I saw was a line drive, no touch, poor form, no chance of going in. To make matters worse, several were the front end of one and ones. He left a lot of points on the table that could have made the game much different . Had the game been close, a reasonable strategy would have been to foul him whenever he got close to the basket with the ball and make him hit free throws 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Every free throw I saw was a line drive, no touch, poor form, no chance of going in. To make matters worse, several were the front end of one and ones. He left a lot of points on the table that could have made the game much different . Had the game been close, a reasonable strategy would have been to foul him whenever he got close to the basket with the ball and make him hit free throws 

The game was close. It was 36-33 at the end of the 3rd. 

Ben Davis wasn't giving up any where close to 1.00ppp so.. it would have been a poor strategy to play hack a Shaq, regardless. 

On 3/26/2023 at 9:33 AM, Seeking6 said:

Zane Doughty could be one of those kids that hits the portal in a year or two. Has that Joey Brunk feel. 20 points and did what he wanted the entire game. 

Update. This didn't take long. Doughty is getting out of his Valpo NLI and reopened his recruitment. Always thought he could go a bit higher. Shoot if I'm Michael Lewis and he knows Sparks is gone I offer this kid.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

@btownqb 

I see your Brownstown Central will be in the HOF tournament in New Castle this coming season.

Kokomo vs Attacks 

Brownstown Central vs Brownsburg 

Yep. I actually had a buddy text me half an hour ago with the news! 

You should head over that day. Great lineup of teams... not sure what we'd do with Flory if we are fortunate enough to beat Bburg though lol 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yep. I actually had a buddy text me half an hour ago with the news! 

You should head over that day. Great lineup of teams... not sure what we'd do with Flory if we are fortunate enough to beat Bburg though lol 

I usually do, only live a half hour away

• Like 1