2025 C Malachi Moreno

DC2345

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I think it's way too early to write this kid off yet...he will visit IU, and I'm sure it will be brought to light that Mark Pope, in 8 years of D1 coaching, has put exactly 0 players in the NBA...I know Utah Valley State and BYU aren't exactly basketball factories, but trotting out that fact and then following up with the names Jackson-Davis, Ware, and Reneau has to be a huge factor in our favor...and we have playing time for a big next year, and NIL money...

The Fat Lady hasn't even warmed up her pipes yet...

It’s also an unusually down year for bigs too. I’d rather(imho) get one from the portal. Probably will have to get 2. 

I trust Tipton, so I'm sure it's true, but this article  was just posted yesterday...

"Ranked as the No. 25 overall player in America, Moreno is ready to take his visits and make his college decision before the early November signing period.

"I'm down to 8 right now and I'll probably cut it down to the visits I want to take and that'll be my final list. I plan to make my decision before the season so I can sign before the early signing period. I'll hopefully make my decision by mid-October."

Someone musta broke out the big money 💰 💰 💰...

🤔

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I trust Tipton, so I'm sure it's true, but this article  was just posted yesterday...

"Ranked as the No. 25 overall player in America, Moreno is ready to take his visits and make his college decision before the early November signing period.

"I'm down to 8 right now and I'll probably cut it down to the visits I want to take and that'll be my final list. I plan to make my decision before the season so I can sign before the early signing period. I'll hopefully make my decision by mid-October."

Someone musta broke out the big money 💰 💰 💰...

🤔

With the availability of playing time next year, our track record with bigs, and NIL $s hard to imagine were not seriously in the hunt.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

With the availability of playing time next year, our track record with bigs, and NIL $s hard to imagine were not seriously in the hunt.

You'd think so...

But fresh off an unofficial to UK, and a solid crystal ball without any other visits...yeah, I think Kentucky has to be it...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

He gone....better hope that he's not UK biggest recruiter or it could be 0-3

He’s going to recruit. That’s expected. I think Woody and staff are recruiting a certain 2 the hardest. 

Edited by Victobmyboy

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Moreno announcing now is a benefit to IU. It gives them a greater amount of time to shift their focus.

yes but can they get the 4 years back they wasted. at some point a guy you invest years in says yes. right?

36 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I'm not faulting him for choosing to stay home.

Staying home and maybe getting a bigger NIL bag than other coaches were willing to pay a freshman...

The abruptness of the decision especially in light of what the kid himself said the day before, says SOMETHING drastic happened...

Edited by IUFLA

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Staying home and maybe getting a bigger NIL bag than other coaches were willing to pay a freshman...

The abruptness of the decision especially in light of what the kid himself said the day before, says SOMETHING drastic happened...

That's most likely what happened. I wouldn't be surprised if IU doesn't benefit from something similar a time or two as visits play out. 

• Like 2