NIL, the AD, and where does the line get drawn (Hoosier Hysterics)

13 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Like the class action payments in The Jerk

image.gif.6693060f45c73c6e8d7bac57b1770f2a.gif

i just saw where these payouts will be based on star ratings coming out of high school and a couple of other things. How many misses have these rating clowns had in 10 years?

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

i just saw where these payouts will be based on star ratings coming out of high school and a couple of other things. How many misses have these rating clowns had in 10 years?

Next business model, runners and bag men paying the ratings people. I wonder how much Hershey Steelpecker can make!😉

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

Back when North Carolina had fake classes and got away with it.

When I had IU linemen telling me tutors were writing papers for them and people on here said big deal every one does that, I stopped worrying about UNC.

• Sad 1

On 5/24/2024 at 4:06 PM, Indykev said:

NCAA settles suit for 2.8 Billion. schools can now pay players. college sports are now over as we know it. it will turn to trash. at what point will kids not be required to have any classes.

I said more than a year ago that it was only a matter of time until class becomes optional for players.  Teams will be changed to club affiliates of schools and college degrees will become player perks for those players actually interested in a degree.

As soon as it became legal to pay college players, the student-athlete charade was over.  It remains to be seen what the end game looks like but as a purist, I'm definitely less interested than I used to be.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I said more than a year ago that it was only a matter of time until class becomes optional for players.  Teams will be changed to club affiliates of schools and college degrees will become player perks for those players actually interested in a degree.

As soon as it became legal to pay college players, the student-athlete charade was over.  It remains to be seen what the end game looks like but as a purist, I'm definitely less interested than I used to be.

The P5 teams are farm teams for the NBA/G League and the mid majors are farm teams for the P5

4 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

The P5 teams are farm teams for the NBA/G League and the mid majors are farm teams for the P5

I dont think they care at all about Basketball. Football is where most of the money will go. IU had better get their head out of their hind ends and get this football program turned around fast or we are going to get left behind with the mid-majors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I dont think they care at all about Basketball. Football is where most of the money will go. IU had better get their head out of their hind ends and get this football program turned around fast or we are going to get left behind with the mid-majors.

I'd just assume we let our football team stay on the low end of mediocre and spend as much as possible on basketball.

8 hours ago, HoosierDom said:

I'd just assume we let our football team stay on the low end of mediocre and spend as much as possible on basketball.

I don’t think that’s the case at all. Football drives revenue and Scott knows that. Cignetti has said that NIL support is better than he was promised and we just need to show signs of progress on the field to fuel more excitement and buy in on that front. Time will tell of course.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Hard to give a 💩 about class if your getting a million dollars 

Take 12 hours online and have the tutor write your papers 

I’ll give Michigan credit for not letting everyone transfer in…..

I'm not sure why Michigan gets credit. Everything I've heard about their transfer problems is that they have a school wide policy to limit credits that transfer in and thus maximize the number of classes transfer students have to take at Michigan: all designed to maximize revenue. 

here is the next one, i;m going to send this one to the ncaa. when the ref announces a flag. "this penalty is sponsored by Don's quick lube on highway 40, Holding on the Offense 10 yards, still 2nd down." They can sell millions

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of thoughts:

when do private equities emerge?

does this schools being able to pay athletes bring actual, enforceable contracts? We will pay you $1m/yr for 2 years. Guaranteed money vs performance? Bonuses? Penalties? 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Me too...Fan Fest and the Fantasy Camp cancelled 🤔

Mike Woodson said: Don't get Mike Woodson upset if Mike Woodson lets you into Mike Woodson's circle. 

I had to pick something up so just listened to the beginning....going to listen to the rest when I workout. 

34 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Mike Woodson said: Don't get Mike Woodson upset if Mike Woodson lets you into Mike Woodson's circle. 

I had to pick something up so just listened to the beginning....going to listen to the rest when I workout. 

I listened to the meat part. It's kinda sad, but it's pretty personal between Woodson and those 2. 

2 sides to every story I guess...