NCAAF/National Scene

rico

7 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

My wife is a born and raised Baton Rouge girl who went to LSU. Her dad is a huge LSU fan. Today was the second Saturday in a row he was asking about Cig’s salary and buyout. He wants to get rid of Kelly and get Cig. 

Then I guess you've been to Parrains?

Edited by IUFLA

This stuff from UNLV is crazy. Guess we shouldn't be surprised anymore. At first glance I thought bad move by the kid...i.e. quitting on his mates,etc....

Diving into it though he was promised $ and was only paid a small stipend. His only real chance at $ might be one more year of eligibility so he redshirted to preserve that year. I guess I can kind of see it now.

Two other things. Good luck recruiting UNLV and secondly can't believe this kid didn't have his $ in writing. 

51 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This stuff from UNLV is crazy. Guess we shouldn't be surprised anymore. At first glance I thought bad move by the kid...i.e. quitting on his mates,etc....

Diving into it though he was promised $ and was only paid a small stipend. His only real chance at $ might be one more year of eligibility so he redshirted to preserve that year. I guess I can kind of see it now.

Two other things. Good luck recruiting UNLV and secondly can't believe this kid didn't have his $ in writing. 

Sounds like his agent completely dropped the ball:

An NIL agent described Sluka's camp not having an agreement in writing as "catastrophic."

Rob Sine, the CEO of Blueprint Sports, which operates UNLV's collective, told CBS Sports it had not agreed to a $100,000 figure with Sluka.

"We were introduced to the agent less than a month ago for the first time and the agent said he wanted to explore opportunities for his client,"  Sine said. "We informed that he was not registered with the state or with the school and that he needed to be so the athlete needed to talk to the coaches directly. There was a discussion via email about 3,000 a month of a recurring payment and then the agent said no we're still discussing, we'll let you know how things progress, don't onboard my athlete onto your program yet. And that was it. All of this happens in the span of less than a couple weeks. We never agreed to $100,000, it was never brought to us that was what the number needed to be. I'm learning about a lot of this like you guys are.

"The collective is in great shape and has made every payment that it's needed to make and stood up to every obligation we've been contracted to do," Sine said. "Everything we do is contracted, we don't do anything verbally. We have documentation on every deal we do. There was nothing for this guy. He received $3,000 from us this summer and that was it. We took care of that."

• Like 1