NCAAF/National Scene

rico

21 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I live in FL. HS talent off the charts here. Unbelievable how bad FSU and FL are. 

No state in the country moves the 3 programs up and down like Florida. Canes owned it, gave some to the Noles/Gators, Canes took it back, Gators ran with it and all of them have been collectively crap for a decade. Mario has it served up on a platter and I love it. 

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Playoff predictions:

Bill Connelly: 1. Texas. 2. Ohio State. 3. Miami. 4. Oklahoma State. 5. Tennessee. 6. Georgia. 7. Alabama. 8. Penn State. 9. Ole Miss. 10. Missouri. 11. Indiana. 12. Memphis.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/playoffpredictions091424/college-football-playoff-picks-predictions-week-3

As enjoyable as that is to see, he's not factoring in schedule.  Both Penn State and Indiana have Ohio State in the regular season.  Are the Buckeyes playing one of them in the Big Ten Championship game as well?  If so, that's likely 2 losses for whoever does. It will be tough for a 2 loss Big Ten team to get in if 6 SEC teams do.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

As enjoyable as that is to see, he's not factoring in schedule.  Both Penn State and Indiana have Ohio State in the regular season.  Are the Buckeyes playing one of them in the Big Ten Championship game as well?  If so, that's likely 2 losses for whoever does. It will be tough for a 2 loss Big Ten team to get in if 6 SEC teams do.  

Bill Connelly is the guy who created the sp+ rankings. I think this was just his personal rankings, but he did tweet that sp+ has IU 8th if you takeout the preseason component - and sp+ does adjust for opponent. So even considering our schedule, we’ve been very good.

18 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I’m one of those people everyone hates (blame my dad) Notre dame football fan and IU basketball fan (more diehard by far though). Notre Dame is only going to join a conference once their demands are met. Their new AD is a former NBC executive so they aren’t getting rid of NBC for as long as he is AD. To me the ACC is the weaker of the two conferences in football but a lot of other sports they are very very equal. Their best chance is to stay with ACC unless money talks…….

Now back to our regularly scheduled program. I always worry about Kansas so for him to cancel is awesome. Missouri while some say nothing to worry about they have an advantage in NIL because they can pay high school kids while they are still in high school so glad he cancelled that. To me Woodson has a leg up on developing one and dones more recently than Izzo where Izzo is much better at the 4 year development guys. I think with the relationships IU has built with JH plus ability to get JHS to the league unexpectedly plus NIL we win out here. 🤞 

Bring this over here as not to clutter up the Jalen Haralson thread, and I had an honest questions for @IUfaninIllinois...

What are Notre Dame's demands for admission into a conference in football?

As for the second bolded part, it always does...

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Bring this over here as not to clutter up the Jalen Haralson thread, and I had an honest questions for @IUfaninIllinois...

IMO letting NBC keep their tv rights deal and I assume they would then negotiate a tv share agreement with the acc or big ten on the games that aren’t on NBC. Also im sure they’ll ask for other incentives because they know both conferences will fight for them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I did ask a writer I know the question bolded. I’ll let you know what I find out

• Thanks 1