NCAAF/National Scene

rico

12 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Per Mike Norvell he’ll be able to redshirt this season and have two years of eligibility left. He never redshirted for IU

Wouldn't surprise me if he enters the portal again if he can. He wasn't getting touches for he was hurt and now why would he trust Norvell for another go?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Irish eyes are cryin' big time!! 28 point favorites??

Every year they lay a turd, last year it was Marshall. Not sure where they end up, not sure they can beat Turdue next week....

Marcus Freeman is proving to be an incompetent HC. He is the owner of 3 of the worst losses in ND history in games played at ND and it's just his 3rd year

Edited by DC2345

17 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Marcus Freeman is proving to be an incompetent HC. He is the owner of 3 of the worst losses in ND history in games played at ND and it's just his 3rd year

A little over two years into his contract, there's speculation about when Notre Dame will extend Freeman's deal.

"With a first-time coach, it's good to get three years and have a bigger, broader picture," former Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick said on a Feb. 28 episode of the "Irish Illustrated Insider" podcast. "Listen, there's nobody here who doesn't want Marcus Freeman at Notre Dame for as long as he wants to be here."

That includes Swarbrick's hand-picked replacement, Pete Bevacqua, who officially became Notre Dame's athletic director on March 25. 

"The good news is the contract will kind of take care of itself," Bevacqua said on a March 27 episode of the "Irish Illustrated Insider" podcast. "We're positioned for success. 

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/longformarticle/how-much-did-marcus-freeman-earn-in-his-first-season-as-notre-dames-head-coach-232111847/#2423638

12 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

A little over two years into his contract, there's speculation about when Notre Dame will extend Freeman's deal.

"With a first-time coach, it's good to get three years and have a bigger, broader picture," former Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick said on a Feb. 28 episode of the "Irish Illustrated Insider" podcast. "Listen, there's nobody here who doesn't want Marcus Freeman at Notre Dame for as long as he wants to be here."

That includes Swarbrick's hand-picked replacement, Pete Bevacqua, who officially became Notre Dame's athletic director on March 25. 

"The good news is the contract will kind of take care of itself," Bevacqua said on a March 27 episode of the "Irish Illustrated Insider" podcast. "We're positioned for success. 

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/longformarticle/how-much-did-marcus-freeman-earn-in-his-first-season-as-notre-dames-head-coach-232111847/#2423638

Oh I know what they've said. However I can guarantee you that there are certain people that are getting tired of the way that Freeman is doing things. He might not even be the best college head coach in the state and that is something people at ND aren't going to put up with. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Oh I know what they've said. However I can guarantee you that there are certain people that are getting tired of the way that Freeman is doing things. He might not even be the best college head coach in the state and that is something people at ND aren't going to put up with. 

Gerry Faust, Bob Davie and Charlie Weiss all got 5 years. They fired Willingham after three, because they thought they had Urban Meyer, but ended up with Weiss. Ooops. 

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Gerry Faust, Bob Davie and Charlie Weiss all got 5 years. They fired Willingham after three, because they thought they had Urban Meyer, but ended up with Weiss. Ooops. 

All of those guys got 5 years however none of them lost to Marshall, Stanford, and Northern Illinois at home. They also didn't coach in the NIL era where Notre Dame is paying for constant transfer QB's that are regressing once they get to ND. Freeman also brought in Denbrock and ND is paying him 2 million and Freeman has put handcuffs on him. That's a long way of me saying that I think the boosters who write the NIL checks are going to start asking some serious questions and it's only week 2. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

This is just... absolutely fantastic. 

I watched them last night vs ASU...Lot of talk about them being the Group of 5 rep for the playoffs...

I follow them because my youngest got her bachelor's and master's from there...San Marcos is a nice college town...