NCAAF/National Scene

rico

• rico changed the title to NCAAF/National Scene

SEC schedule release last night. Always a fun one to see what hotel prices do for certain big games the next day. Right now for Georgia at Bama next year it's costing $4500 a night at Embassy Suites. Only $4300 at Homewood Suites.

PS on schedules. Florida might die next year. Easily one of the most brutal schedules I've seen.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rico said:

There are going to be some GREAT match-ups in the SEC next year. Love the Big 2 conferences going away from divisions. But the SEC HAS to start playing 9 conferences games like the big boys and stop the Mercer/Fuhrman/Maine crap late in the season. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

There are going to be some GREAT match-ups in the SEC next year. Love the Big 2 conferences going away from divisions. But the SEC HAS to start playing 9 conferences games like the big boys and stop the Mercer/Fuhrman/Maine crap late in the season. 

Was surprised to see a sprinkling of high quality OOC games! I would have thought the ‘we don’t need to’ superiority would have gotten worse with the new additions?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Was surprised to see a sprinkling of high quality OOC games! I would have thought the ‘we don’t need to’ superiority would have gotten worse with the new additions?

Great point. That was a pleasant surprise.  I figured they would water down their OOC to get as many teams in the playoff as possible.  Of course,  apparently SEC OOC loses don't count!😂

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Great point. That was a pleasant surprise.  I figured they would water down their OOC to get as many teams in the playoff as possible.  Of course,  apparently SEC OOC loses don't count!😂

I think you are gonna start seeing teams that want to be in the CFP scheduling tough OOC games in the future.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I think you are gonna start seeing teams that want to be in the CFP scheduling tough OOC games in the future.

I just want a level playing field. How SEC teams are allowed to schedule Mercer and the like in November without being penalized is beyond me. All teams eligible for the playoffs should have to play the same amount of conference games. Having basically an additional bye week towards the end of the season is a competitive advantage. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

SEC schedule release last night. Always a fun one to see what hotel prices do for certain big games the next day. Right now for Georgia at Bama next year it's costing $4500 a night at Embassy Suites. Only $4300 at Homewood Suites.

PS on schedules. Florida might die next year. Easily one of the most brutal schedules I've seen.

Yes…talk down here is coach will certainly get fired. AD did him no favors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Wasn't sure if Strickland scheduled this stuff or not but that schedule is gonna get a coach fired material.

Last couple years…you already have Miami and FSU on your schedule and you add Utah?? I mean that’s just insane…that’s one SEC school that wasn’t ducking competition.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Ahhhhh….Fuhrman, good old FU.   :coffee:

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2023 at 10:55 PM, KoB2011 said:

Great ideas here.

NIL is bad enough, when they start putting players on payroll, that will end college sports for me. Does the best pitcher for girls softball make the same as the starting QB? If not get ready for years in court. Maybe Chip should go to the NFL. Thats   right the NFL stopped  hiring college coaches. Wonder why.

Florida St trustees called emergency meeting tomorrow. Guess the obvious is do they want SEC or Big 10. Or is this some move made out of spite because of the CFP decision.

Get ready for terms like grant of rights and declaratory judgement action. The latter is what was FSU will ask for  so they can ask a judge (one with local ties) to basically say they can get out of their ACC deal and not having to wait until 2036.