NCAAF/National Scene

rico

10 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

You can make a legit argument Ohio state is better not so sure about Penn state 

There’s not really an argument for OSU. OSU would be favored by 8 or 9 points and PSU would be favored by probably the same as Texas on a neutral field. OSU would be favored vs everyone in the playoffs except Michigan, same with Georgia. Georgia might even be slight favorites vs Michigan. None of that should matter though or there’s no point in playing the games.

2 minutes ago, Kdug said:

There’s not really an argument for OSU. OSU would be favored by 8 or 9 points and PSU would be favored by probably the same as Texas on a neutral field. OSU would be favored vs everyone in the playoffs except Michigan, same with Georgia. Georgia might even be slight favorites vs Michigan. None of that should matter though or there’s no point in playing the games.

I respectfully disagree with that…If I was betting I’d take Texas over Ohio and I’d take Washington over Penn state 

5 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I respectfully disagree with that…If I was betting I’d take Texas over Ohio and I’d take Washington over Penn state 

That’s fine to disagree with it, everyone has their own individual rankings. But as someone who bets on college football and basketball, I’m confident that both big ten teams would be favored in those matchups by the books.

Edit: and my original comment referencing Texas was saying PSU would probably be favored vs Washington by a similar amount as Texas is currently favored vs Washington. Just realized that wasn’t very clear.

Edited by Kdug

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

ESPN analysts have been falling all over themselves today to defend Bama being in and FSU being out. 

It gets a bit tiring. I would actually turn the network back on if they just said hey we did a money grab. Trying to justify the decision is more sick than the actual decision. Just waiting for someone to point out this Bama needed a hail mary against a bad Auburn team just to get in.

On a side note. Jordan Travis. What a kid. Seems to be handling better than the adults.

• Like 1

Is it just me or does there seem to be heavy recency bias in the CFP? Ohio State and Georgia each lose one close game at the end of the season to one of the top teams in the country but drop way down in the rankings. Alabamas loss was arguably worse than both of those teams and it happened at home. But they get a pass since it happened 10 weeks ago and not within the past week. Not to mention they’ve struggled against poor teams.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

What if…

Michigan loses to Bama

Washington loses to Texas

And, unlikely as it might be, FSU beats Georgia?

The only undefeated P-5 team would not have the chance to be national champions.

The whole system is a cluster 

I blame everything on Louisville...

• Haha 1

If true, this is crazier than crazy 

Marvin Harrison Jr. has been offered NIL deals that would “compete” with what he would receive as a Top 5 draft pick, as in anywhere between $20-$25 million in total cash.

Harrison is still thinking about coming back to Ohio State, as he wants to beat Michigan and win a Big Ten Championship.

Via NFL Rookie Watch and beat writer Tony Gerdeman.

#NFL #MarvinHarrison #OhioState

image.thumb.png.fd0a31ad506b312b2750c67d470a1490.png