NCAAF/National Scene

rico

You still have OSU and Texas ahead of Alabama!

I’m not checking the entire SEC schedule but they are notorious for extremely weak out of conference schedules because they feel conference schedules are more difficult than everyone else’s. It’s about time their arrogance bites them between the legs!!

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If there are 5 power conferences and only 4 spots then to me the committee has to look at more factors then just winning your conference. This has always been a horrible system but they will put the 4 best teams in…maybe they think FSU is better than a 1 loss team…but if they are trying for the 4 best teams…I don’t think they will select them if Bama wins convincingly.

The chance for Bama to win convicingly is over. They may win, but this has been an ugly game. Plus Bowers and McConkey are noticeably limping. People can see this isn't 2021 Georgia.

From an eye test standpoint, Bama had to have an incredibly lucky last second hail Mary to beat a terrible Auburn team last week. Who just got smashed by New Mexico State. At home. Just no way to justify jumping an undefeated FSU or Texas that handled Bama at home.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

You still have OSU and Texas ahead of Alabama!

I’m not checking the entire SEC schedule but they are notorious for extremely weak out of conference schedules because they feel conference schedules are more difficult than everyone else’s. It’s about time their arrogance bites them between the legs!!

Of the top 15 teams there are only 4 games where any SEC team played out of conference. 3 losses and one win. FSU beat 2 SEC teams the only SEC  win was Kentucky beating Louisville.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

If FSU wins, I don't see how it's not Michigan, Washington, FSU, Texas. Ohio has an argument, but a non-conference champion isn't going to win those arguments.

I was thinking the same thing.  Having seen most of the top ten play, my feeling is that OSU is probably no better than the seventh team in the country.  I’d give them zero consideration.   

Not fair to blow off Texas’ win over Alabama at Tuscaloosa if both end up 12-1.  

I would exclude conference affiliations and history and simply stack the resume of each team.  I get where you got.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Alabama beat one ranked team before today’s game. Beat Auburn on a prayer last week. 

?? Ole Miss is every bit as good as Penn St…and I’m not sure what Tennessee and LSU are ranked but I’d put them comparable to ND. I think the point is all these teams are pretty equal but you can’t discount today’s game…Bama beat Georgia the number 1 team in the country. No one has a win like that..except maybe Michigan. OSU has no such win, Florida St doesn’t, Washington doesn’t. The teams with the best 3 wins this year are Michigan, Bama, and Texas…Washington has the more impressive wins between them Georgia and FSU. This is my assessment. Might not mean a thing…not saying it should…but however you get to your decision I can’t say there is a wrong answer.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

?? Ole Miss is every bit as good as Penn St…and I’m not sure what Tennessee and LSU are ranked but I’d put them comparable to ND. I think the point is all these teams are pretty equal but you can’t discount today’s game…Bama beat Georgia the number 1 team in the country. No one has a win like that..except maybe Michigan. OSU has no such win, Florida St doesn’t, Washington doesn’t. The teams with the best 3 wins this year are Michigan, Bama, and Texas…Washington has the more impressive wins between them Georgia and FSU. This is my assessment. Might not mean a thing…not saying it should…but however you get to your decision I can’t say there is a wrong answer.

Yes, I missed LSU. Tennessee is not ranked. 

13 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

Only loss however is to the team who will be number 1 on the road by a close margin.

I’m not going to argue…the three most impressive wins this season were by Texas, Alabama, and Michigan. IMO Washington resume and eye test wins out over FSU minus Travis. I guess that’s my take if I was in that room. 

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m not going to argue…the three most impressive wins this season were by Texas, Alabama, and Michigan. IMO Washington resume and eye test wins out over FSU minus Travis. I guess that’s my take if I was in that room. 

Apparently losses don’t count?🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m not trying to argue just enjoying the discussion.  I don’t envy the committee.  Georgia could still make a case too.

• Like 1