5-star guard Boogie Fland Commits to Kentucky

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

So if this day turns out as well as we hope it does, how does that affect some other prospects that we are being told IU is out? Did coach stop by and say hello to Cooper?

He might’ve but IU isn’t in that recruitment at all

10 hours ago, Common Sense said:

Nike 

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

If Nike lands you recruits like Cooper Flagg than forget buying out Tom Allen…take the money and buy out Addidas and let’s get on the Nike train.

I’m not sure it’s got that much to do with Nike. They aren’t pushing kids to schools like they used to and especially not with Duke since K retired. 

10 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I’m not sure it’s got that much to do with Nike. They aren’t pushing kids to schools like they used to and especially not with Duke since K retired. 

Coach is still very involved with the program and working as a conduit for Nike and his beloved program. One of the reasons he selected Jon as his replacement is that he can still hold a lot of sway behind the scenes. Duke wanted to explore some other more established candidates and K shut it down. 

Though it is true that Nike--while still funneling kids to programs--isn't doing it at the same clip. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, PNWHoosier said:

Coach is still very involved with the program and working as a conduit for Nike and his beloved program. One of the reasons he selected Jon as his replacement is that he can still hold a lot of sway behind the scenes. Duke wanted to explore some other more established candidates and K shut it down. 

Though it is true that Nike--while still funneling kids to programs--isn't doing it at the same clip. 

If I was Duke, then I would have considered his advice but would have told him to take a hike if he tried to force a hire.

44 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Yeah… you don’t treat someone of that stature that way 

Yep, he's a legend there because he's a HOF coach who has the most wins in NCAA men's history. He's willing to still be involved to help prevent a drop off after his retirement and the only thing they have to do is hire the coach he wants. It would be pretty arrogant of the AD to think he would be a better evaluator of coaching talent than Coach K plus make the right hire to continue to win while also pissing of the outgoing legendary coach.

It's pretty much a win-win for the AD to do it the way they did. Either they keep on winning and he looks smart or they fail to win and he can pretty much pass it it off as he was just doing what Coach K recommended.

• Like 1

Just now, Victobmyboy said:

Stranger things. Takes place in Indiana. 

1. Stranger things takes place in Indiana and 11 is the character. Translation is IU gets a commitment on the 11th. 

2. Indiana gets a commitment in 11 days 

I personally think it’s one of these two things right here. 

• Like 3