Spots Open - HSN Fantasy Football

• 5 months later...
On 6/16/2024 at 9:20 PM, trc said:

I know it's early but I wanted to let you know I'm still in for the up coming season.

Yes.  I was going to reach out to everyone this weekend to get a count of who is still in for the upcoming season.  

• Like 2

Sitting at 19 teams committed (assumes that @KDB, as commissioner, is in even though he has not said so).

Gonna sit this year out: @Drroogh

Have not yet heard from:  @KoB2011; @NotIThatLives; @steubenhoosier, and @mrflynn.

Given that the accounts for Steubenhoosier and mrflynn can no longer be tagged, I assume that means they are no longer active accounts (or maybe they have me on ignore).  I do know hat I have not seen either on in a long time.

Based on that, I'm inclined to go ahead and begin soliciting for replacements.  3 definitive (drroogh, steub, flynn). 

The last two spots will be held until the original July deadline pending response from NotIThatLives and KOB2011.  If one of those does not play, I will play a 2nd team (more opportunity to beat some@Indykev ass).

• 5fouls changed the title to Spots Open - HSN Fantasy Football
19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Sitting at 19 teams committed (assumes that @KDB, as commissioner, is in even though he has not said so).

Gonna sit this year out: @Drroogh

Have not yet heard from:  @KoB2011; @NotIThatLives; @steubenhoosier, and @mrflynn.

Given that the accounts for Steubenhoosier and mrflynn can no longer be tagged, I assume that means they are no longer active accounts (or maybe they have me on ignore).  I do know hat I have not seen either on in a long time.

Based on that, I'm inclined to go ahead and begin soliciting for replacements.  3 definitive (drroogh, steub, flynn). 

The last two spots will be held until the original July deadline pending response from NotIThatLives and KOB2011.  If one of those does not play, I will play a 2nd team (more opportunity to beat some@Indykev ass).

I am in.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Yahoo.  But, don't let that be a deciding factor whether you like it or don't.  These are really good leagues with committed players, even with no money on the line.   

If you need a warm body, I’ll be down. I’m not great at FFB (prefer baseball). But platform was my deciding factor. If it was ESPN I was going to pass. ;)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

If you need a warm body, I’ll be down. I’m not great at FFB (prefer baseball). But platform was my deciding factor. If it was ESPN I was going to pass. ;)

You have a spot.  A lot of us are less than great at Fantasy Football.  I missed the playoffs in BOTH of the HSN leagues last season.  But these are good leagues, and a lot of fun.    

As a newbie, you will be placed in HSN2.  The Champions League lineup each year is based on performance (typically the teams that make the playoffs in the two leagues the prior year, with former winners of the Champion League getting a 1 time provisional to stay there if they happen to miss the playoffs).

Regarding baseball, I'm in a couple of public Yahoo roto leagues this year, with daily changes.  First time I've played baseball in many, many years.  I prefer it over football as well.  For one, I like the sport better.  For two, I enjoy the daily aspect of it versus the once a week nature of football.  It can make for frustrating days though.  One of my teams blessed me with a 2-36 night earlier this week (though I somehow got 8 runs scored out of it).  Last night my other team gave me a 'meh' line of 8-32, but with only 1 run, 1HR, and 1 RBI.  I dropped from 3rd to 5th in the standings.      

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

You have a spot.  A lot of us are less than great at Fantasy Football.  I missed the playoffs in BOTH of the HSN leagues last season.  But these are good leagues, and a lot of fun.    

As a newbie, you will be placed in HSN2.  The Champions League lineup each year is based on performance (typically the teams that make the playoffs in the two leagues the prior year, with former winners of the Champion League getting a 1 time provisional to stay there if they happen to miss the playoffs).

Regarding baseball, I'm in a couple of public Yahoo roto leagues this year, with daily changes.  First time I've played baseball in many, many years.  I prefer it over football as well.  For one, I like the sport better.  For two, I enjoy the daily aspect of it versus the once a week nature of football.  It can make for frustrating days though.  One of my teams blessed me with a 2-36 night earlier this week (though I somehow got 8 runs scored out of it).  Last night my other team gave me a 'meh' line of 8-32, but with only 1 run, 1HR, and 1 RBI.  I dropped from 3rd to 5th in the standings.      

Cool cool. Baseball I’m not doing terrible. My rotation is sus. But I have Judge, Yordan Alvarez, and Vlad so hitting bombs, scoring runs, and racking up RBIs isn’t an issue usually. 

I too like the daily checkin. Keeping it fresh. Gets a little annoying when on vacation but I enjoy the daily interactions. 

Edited by Naturalhoosier
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Cool cool. Baseball I’m not doing terrible. My rotation is sus. But I have Judge, Yordan Alvarez, and Vlad so hitting bombs, scoring runs, and racking up RBIs isn’t an issue usually. 

I too like the daily checkin. Keeping it fresh. Gets a little annoying when on vacation but I enjoy the daily interactions. 

In one of my leagues, I'm dominating in runs, home runs, and RBI's.  Huge lead in all those categories over the entire league. 

But......my  starting outfield is falling apart physically.  Michael Harris (IL), Schwarber (IL), Juan Soto(out today and might be headed to IL).

• Like 1

With @Naturalhoosier on board, we're sitting at 20.  My second team, which I will play if needed, would put us at 21.  The goal is 24,  

If you're on the fence, don't hesitate to reach out.  I can provide more info.  But, even if you have never played before, since there is no money involved, this is a great way to learn the game and have some fun while doing it.  

• Like 1