Spots Open - HSN Fantasy Football

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll never sit Kelce or any star for that matter but I've been using 2 TE's more and more in recent years. One at TE and one as Flex. One league this year I didn't like who was sitting there at WR so I grabbed Hockenson to add to Kelce.

I can see it with Mcbride...because Murray only looks for him but Bears D has been getting much better lately but McBride I believe is ready to vault himself (if he hasn't already) into the top 2/3 category.

Yeah I don’t think I’ll pull the trigger on starting McBride… but I’ve considered a TE at flex but I’m in an 8 man league and I’ve got too many solid guys on my bench to warrant a TE at flex. Next week I’m planning on starting Rice over Waddle at flex.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

Yeah I don’t think I’ll pull the trigger on starting McBride… but I’ve considered a TE at flex but I’m in an 8 man league and I’ve got too many solid guys on my bench to warrant a TE at flex. Next week I’m planning on starting Rice over Waddle at flex.

Tough one. Kelce has mad a career out of destroying the Raiders so you have to think on Christmas Day, everyone watching,etc....he'll finally be back in the endzone. I'll say this though McBride is a pretty safe play too. Another cheap option I've been using lately in Fanduel is Conklin. Dude sees about 7-8 targets every game. 

Good Luck!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Money league---- entered this week (2 week playoff matchups) trailing by 9pts ---- Waddle, Miami D, and CMC made sure I am in the championship. 

I don't think Tyreek will sit again, but if he does, the guy I'm playing has him and we saw yesterday what Waddle can do without him. 

I don't think Tyreek sits this one out at all but I do believe there will be more than enough to go around vs Cowboys. Shoot Allen stunk yesterday and they put 30 up.

Good luck! Bears, Packers, Colts, Broncos all good to stream on D this week.

Went a little unconventional this week in my ESPN league playoffs.  We start 3 WRs.  With Jefferson having been out several weeks, I had been playing a trio of St. Brown, Waddle, and R. Rice.  I had been using a RB in my flex.  Of course when Jefferson came back two weeks ago, I started him in the 3-0 thriller against the Raiders and got 4 points. 

So, this past week, with Jefferson playing my Bengals, not wanting him to have a big game, and with a 3rd string QB throwing to him, I thought, what the heck, I've been playing without him for most the season, let's get creative.  I started my 3 WRs above, and went with Isiah Likely in my flex.  Jefferson would have given me 15, but all 4 of those other guys I started gave me more.

Which brings me to this week.  Jefferson is back in at flex.  Now, I'm fighting this urge to play Likely over Kelce at TE.  Likely has given Mark Andrews like production the last couple of weeks, while Kelce is giving out Julie Andrews type performances lately. I could put Kelce on the bench with Swift (D'Andre)

Am I crazy to consider doing that in the fantasy playoffs?    One thing giving me some pause is Baltimore is playing San Francisco.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't think Tyreek sits this one out at all but I do believe there will be more than enough to go around vs Cowboys. Shoot Allen stunk yesterday and they put 30 up.

Good luck! Bears, Packers, Colts, Broncos all good to stream on D this week.

Errrrr..... changed my mind. I think Broncos this week, Bills next week. Meaning... my defenses would play, at home, against NE in Weeks 16+17. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Went a little unconventional this week in my ESPN league playoffs.  We start 3 WRs.  With Jefferson having been out several weeks, I had been playing a trio of St. Brown, Waddle, and R. Rice.  I had been using a RB in my flex.  Of course when Jefferson came back two weeks ago, I started him in the 3-0 thriller against the Raiders and got 4 points. 

So, this past week, with Jefferson playing my Bengals, not wanting him to have a big game, and with a 3rd string QB throwing to him, I thought, what the heck, I've been playing without him for most the season, let's get creative.  I started my 3 WRs above, and went with Isiah Likely in my flex.  Jefferson would have given me 15, but all 4 of those other guys I started gave me more.

Which brings me to this week.  Jefferson is back in at flex.  Now, I'm fighting this urge to play Likely over Kelce at TE.  Likely has given Mark Andrews like production the last couple of weeks, while Kelce is giving out Julie Andrews type performances lately. I could put Kelce on the bench with Swift (D'Andre)

Am I crazy to consider doing that in the fantasy playoffs?    One thing giving me some pause is Baltimore is playing San Francisco.  

Me personally I would never bench Kelce. Ever. Frustrating year for sure but you keep rolling with him.

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Me personally I would never bench Kelce. Ever. Frustrating year for sure but you keep rolling with him.

It's a keeper league.  Not sure if I'm going to keep him or not for next season.  Kicking myself a little bit because I had LaPorta as my backup earlier in the season, but used him in a trade to acquire Waddle.  At the time I was thin at WR beyond Jefferson and St. Brown.  It was before Rice broke out.  Didn't think I needed LaPorta as much as I needed a reliable 3 WR.   If I had not made that trade, I would definitely be keeping LaPorta over Kelce.  

• Like 1

When season and leagues are winding down I always like to take a look back at consensus rankings of first round,etc...

https://www.footballguys.com/adp

Out of the top 12 on this list only CMC, Hill, and Lamb matched or exceeded expectations. Out of the next 12 you could say that only Brown, Brown, maybe Allen, Hurts, and Waddle did the same.

So out of top 24 picks roughly 1/3 matched or exceeded expectations relative to draft position. 

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's two I'm struggling with. Nukua or Godwin and Conner or Achane? I know Godwin went off but still struggling with which way to go because of both inconsistencies. Conner gets all the touches so I'm leaning him.

I'm starting Godwin, so you should probably bench him.  I literally get him wrong every time I have to make a tough call with him. 

He does okay for me when he is an automatic play, but goes off when I bench him or sucks when I do the coin flip and start him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Indykev said:

@KDBGood news and bad. The bad, 137 point ass whipping knocks you out of the playoffs. The good news is you get to run the Champs League next season, while I take over the loser league from you. Dont feel bad when I score 66 points this week. ha!

The 'King of the Losers' fits you well.  :coffee:

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Indykev said:

@KDBGood news and bad. The bad, 137 point ass whipping knocks you out of the playoffs. The good news is you get to run the Champs League next season, while I take over the loser league from you. Dont feel bad when I score 66 points this week. ha!

No better time for a 66 point week than when your opponent scores 203🤣

• Haha 1