Spots Open - HSN Fantasy Football

Man what a strange weekend and last night topped it off. In my one league a seasons worth of work came down to a guy getting in playoffs by 2.1 points last night because his opponent played Achane over Mostert.

In a survivor pool that I was in (already knocked out because of Steelers) there was 11 people left headed into this week. 400+ entries, $25 each. The final 11 chose this way. 5 Packers, 3 Steelers, 2 Houston, and 1 Baltimore.

Needless to say the one lady who chose Baltimore is a very happy person this morning. Funny thing about that game is nobody is talking about the illegal block in the back on the punt return to win it.

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Congrats to everyone that made the playoffs.  Based on how it played out, all playoff teams in both leagues will qualify for the Champions League next year.  Even though @dgambillfell short of the playoffs, he qualifies based on his one-year exemption for winning the Champions League last season.  The good news is he does not take a spot from anyone, as @Indykevmade the playoffs in both leagues, and since he can't play 2 teams in Champions, it allows DGambill's exemption not to bump anyone else out.

I will detail everything more later in the week.

For those that did not qualify for the playoffs, I encourage you to continue to play through the consolation round.  A 7th place finish after the consolation round could earn promotion to the Champions League should someone who qualified not play next season.

Thanks to going 4-0 against you do i make it in both.

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Congrats to everyone that made the playoffs.  Based on how it played out, all playoff teams in both leagues will qualify for the Champions League next year.  Even though @dgambillfell short of the playoffs, he qualifies based on his one-year exemption for winning the Champions League last season.  The good news is he does not take a spot from anyone, as @Indykevmade the playoffs in both leagues, and since he can't play 2 teams in Champions, it allows DGambill's exemption not to bump anyone else out.

For those that did not qualify for the playoffs, I encourage you to continue to play through the consolation round.  A 7th place finish after the consolation round could earn promotion to the Champions League should someone who qualified not play next season.

I appreciate all the work you put in to this. Until you started it, I hadn't done fantasy football in years. I'm having a lot of fun with it. A good distraction from everyday life. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone else in a good problem like this? I'm considering benching Diggs and Allen for Evans and Smith this weekend.

Diggs and Allen have just been off. Keenan without Herbert is a concern.

I would definitely sit Allen.  Would probably still go Diggs over Smith.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 7:00 AM, 5fouls said:

Glad that worked out. I was willing to be relegated after the horrible showing this year. Crazy year. I had a lot of the same guys in some leagues and just took a loss across the board in most. I did have a first though…I made the playoffs as a 4 seed with a losing record. There was like 6 of us at 6-8 but I had the most points…weird league. At least my dynasty teams are going strong. Good moves in previous seasons had me still pretty well set up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My 2 biggest $ leagues. Have Herbert, Stroud, and Keenan Allen in both. Perfect timing. Rolling with Jake Browning in 1 and Will Levis in another. Just like I drew it up on draft night.

Limped into the #4 seed (only 4 playoff teams) in my ESPN league.  After starting season at 6-1, I finished 8-6.

Herbert, JT, Jefferson, etc.  Injury gods are against me.

It's a 2QB league.  Without Herbert, my starters are Lawrence and Love.  Tommy Devito is now my #3 with Herbert out.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Limped into the #4 seed (only 4 playoff teams) in my ESPN league.  After starting season at 6-1, I finished 8-6.

Herbert, JT, Jefferson, etc.  Injury gods are against me.

It's a 2QB league.  Without Herbert, my starters are Lawrence and Love.  Tommy Devito is now my #3 with Herbert out.

20 minutes ago, KDB said:

So in my biggest league (Dynasty) - Justin Herbert was my QB1.

My QB1 now? Tommy Devito or Bailey Zappe .. I am contending for a title. Wish me luck.

Scrambling for sure right now. I also have Josh Jacobs in one and I just added Zamir White because no way I think JJ goes on a short week.

• Like 1

Good luck to everyone in the league on here and elsewhere today with fantasy playoffs. Lots of weather impacting today. Falcons/Carolina a mess, Chicago/Cleveland not far behind, high winds might make Dolphins just run the ball today and finally Jax/Baltimore has high winds as well. They also have strong storms moving in but should be gone before game....but I'm actually considering benching Tucker. 

Check those forecasts and good luck!

I tell you what. I love fantasy football but days like today just ticks me off.

1) One league where I had 300+ point lead.....I'll lose by 50. Thanks Pollard, Lamb, Diggs....Herbert Allen hurt

2) Another league where I finished 11-3 I'm getting beat and unless Justin Tucker and Devonta Smith go for 38+ I'm cooked

2 other smaller leagues with ok $ I'm sneaking into final 4. Guess it all balances out but damn.

8 hours ago, 02Hoosier said:

@5fouls is there an opening for next year? If so I’d be interested.

There will definitely be at least one opening for next year.  Consider the spot yours.  You would be placed in what we call HSN2 and would need to qualify for the HSN Champions league based on performance each year.  I'll map out all of the details of who is in what league after the fantasy playoff are complete.  

• Thanks 1

Man fantasy football can be cruel. There's a good chance if you had Diggs, Kelce, Pollard, Nucua....throw in Herbert/Allen and Stroud out that your fantasy season came to a crashing end yesterday. Oh wait that's me minus Kelce in one league.

I scored 300+ more points than 2nd place and I'm done fighting for 3rd next weekend. So cruel. 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Man fantasy football can be cruel. There's a good chance if you had Diggs, Kelce, Pollard, Nucua....throw in Herbert/Allen and Stroud out that your fantasy season came to a crashing end yesterday. Oh wait that's me minus Kelce in one league.

I scored 300+ more points than 2nd place and I'm done fighting for 3rd next weekend. So cruel. 

I’m debating starting McBride over Kelce next week

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

I’m debating starting McBride over Kelce next week

I'll never sit Kelce or any star for that matter but I've been using 2 TE's more and more in recent years. One at TE and one as Flex. One league this year I didn't like who was sitting there at WR so I grabbed Hockenson to add to Kelce.

I can see it with Mcbride...because Murray only looks for him but Bears D has been getting much better lately but McBride I believe is ready to vault himself (if he hasn't already) into the top 2/3 category.