Spots Open - HSN Fantasy Football

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

How tf do the ppl in your league allow you to have a team so loaded you might not play those two!?!?!?! 

🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

In my league we have one less starter (no RB2 spot)... so being weak anywhere is harder to compensate for... 

Zero RB strategy pays off. I hit on Mostert and Montgomery in rounds 8 and 10. Grabbed JT in round 7 and stashed him on IR. Added Puca after week 1 on waiver. Those guys go along with Diggs, Allen, Devonta Smith in rounds 1, 3, and 4.

Some of it's a little luck but I've been a Zero RB draft guy years. I load up on receptions in PPR leagues early on. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Zero RB strategy pays off. I hit on Mostert and Montgomery in rounds 8 and 10. Grabbed JT in round 7 and stashed him on IR. Added Puca after week 1 on waiver. Those guys go along with Diggs, Allen, Devonta Smith in rounds 1, 3, and 4.

Some of it's a little luck but I've been a Zero RB draft guy years. I load up on receptions in PPR leagues early on. 

RBs are such a crapshoot.  I would have been thrilled to have been in a position to draft Chubb in late 1st or early 2nd this season.  And, look what happened.  Similar thing with those that drafted JT #1 last year.

Meanwhile, I got Jacobs in HSN Champions in 5th round last year.  Got Kenneth Walker in mid rounds in 2 leagues this season.  Got Montgomery I believe in 6th or 7th (edit: actually 8th) round in HSN Champions this season.  

It's really hard to identify who will click and impossible to know who will stay healthy.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

RBs are such a crapshoot.  I would have been thrilled to have been in a position to draft Chubb in late 1st or early 2nd this season.  And, look what happened.  Similar thing with those that drafted JT #1 last year.

Meanwhile, I got Jacobs in HSN Champions in 5th round last year.  Got Kenneth Walker in mid rounds in 2 leagues this season.  Got Montgomery I believe in 6th or 7th (edit: actually 8th) round in HSN Champions this season.  

It's really hard to identify who will click and impossible to know who will stay healthy.  

Yep which is why I've always gone the zero RB world. They get injured far more often so in assessing the risk I'd rather load up on catches first because it happens every single year....RB's go down. 

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Anyone have any tidbits TE-wise? Thoughts, strategies? Anything? lol I have Engram... and by all accounts is absolutely heavily involved in the Jags passing game... 

I play in a non ppr league, Engram is avg 4.3 ppg... someone like TJ Hockenson seems like he would be A LOT more valuable than someone like Engram, but he's only avg 6.3 ppg.

I have CMC, Kamara, R White, Ford, and A Wilson... do I try and trade R White for Hockenson? something like that? idk. 

helllllllp 

I don’t know why you would bother to trade. Engram has almost the exact amount of yards as Hockenson…your league is TD dependent…and I think 3 TDs leads the nfl for TEs. Since catches aren’t rewarded I’d target Laporta probably or just stick with Engram. I’d also probably move off Kamara who is a huge volume guy in ppr for a more traditional yardage/Td rb (thinking Montgomery maybe when healthy) Personally don’t like non-ppr leagues. At minimum stagger the points then. .5 for wr, 1 rb, and 1.5 for TE…that is a good way to even out the values on players across the board.

Edited by dgambill

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

I don’t know why you would bother to trade. Engram has almost the exact amount of yards as Hockenson…your league is TD dependent…and I think 3 TDs leads the nfl for TEs. Since catches aren’t rewarded I’d target Laporta probably or just stick with Engram. I’d also probably move off Kamara who is a huge volume guy in ppr for a more traditional yardage/Td rb (thinking Montgomery maybe when healthy) Personally don’t like non-ppr leagues. At minimum stagger the points then. .5 for wr, 1 rb, and 1.5 for TE…that is a good way to even out the values on players across the board.

Because I think Hockenson gives me a much better chance at a "high-scoring game" ... I don't think Engram will ever have over 10-12 points, and until this point, his high is 6? or 7? 

I will probably just stick with Engram, though. I don't like non-ppr leagues either. If we had 1.5pts for TE reception, Engram's value would go way up. Having one less starter makes people really not want to trade. Montgomery/Laporta aren't guys that the owner of that team would trade away.

You said my league is TD-dependent, yes, and Engram hardly even gets RZ targets. 

• Like 1

Semi fantasy related so I'll throw this in here. I'm in a few pickem contests each year and there is always one week where I just don't know what or why Vegas has the spreads they do.

Maybe I'm thinking a bit much but these games have me puzzled.

Jags at Saints...Saints favored by 3.

Browns at Colts...Browns favored by 3...this feels like just because they won last week

Detroit 3 point underdog to Ravens

Washington road favorite over Giants

I'm as puzzled there as I  am with fantasy this week.

Everyone runs out to get Evans and Rodgers (if available) and now McVay throws out the comments today about Evans maybe not ready to start and Campbell says Gibbs should play. Weird week.

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Because I think Hockenson gives me a much better chance at a "high-scoring game" ... I don't think Engram will ever have over 10-12 points, and until this point, his high is 6? or 7? 

I will probably just stick with Engram, though. I don't like non-ppr leagues either. If we had 1.5pts for TE reception, Engram's value would go way up. Having one less starter makes people really not want to trade. Montgomery/Laporta aren't guys that the owner of that team would trade away.

You said my league is TD-dependent, yes, and Engram hardly even gets RZ targets. 

True but if 3 TDs is tops for TEs so far on the season then he really isn’t that much worse than the top guy. If you think you can get Hockenson for not much more than sure but I just don’t think there is much that separates the two in a non-ppr league.
Reason being that with Jefferson out I think Minnesota offense will struggle to get red zone opportunities for Hockenson and when they do I think he will get extra attention. Engram should see more opportunities later on…Jax offense has really not been hitting on all cylinders. I think Engram is a top 10 TE in just about any leafue type. I think he will find endzone soon.

19 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone have Trevor Lawrence on their teams? I've got a couple of leagues where I ended up with him and man I don't want to play him tonight....if he plays. 

Would you guys roll with Mayfield or even Dobbs in mop duty over Lawrence? Pickings are slim. Just curious.

Sorry, just now seeing this.  I have Lawrence in my 2 QB league.  Playing Herbert and Love instead. 

I probably would have rolled with Lawrence in your case.  Would have gone Mayfield over Dobbs if Lawrence had not played. 

• Like 1

I have C. Kirk in both HSN leagues.  With Lawrence being gimpy, I only played Kirk in Champions and went another direction in HSN2. 

Got 19 points from Kirk.  Wish I would have played him in both now.  After Ridley's big Week 1, Kirk has proven to be the much more reliable receiver on the Jags. 

Always nice to have those reliable double-digit guys in your lineup even if they rarely have the huge games we see from guys like T. Hill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I have C. Kirk in both HSN leagues.  With Lawrence being gimpy, I only played Kirk in Champions and went another direction in HSN2. 

Got 19 points from Kirk.  Wish I would have played him in both now.  After Ridley's big Week 1, Kirk has proven to be the much more reliable receiver on the Jags. 

Always nice to have those reliable double-digit guys in your lineup even if they rarely have the huge games we see from guys like T. Hill.

I loaded up on Kirk shares in Fanduel last night. With Ridley getting Lattimore Kirk was a no brainer to me based on choices,etc....

I've got Ridley in 2 leagues and he's now on bench mode.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I have C. Ridley in both my leagues and to say he has been a bust is an understatement 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Be glad I left Foreman on the bench. You will still likely win. 

For that (Foreman), I am grateful.  I'm going to have to sweat it out until tomorrow night though.  You have several guys left to play.  I'm done after the Chiefs game is over.