Spots Open - HSN Fantasy Football

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So how do you do an odd round? Honestly it matters a lot…so what do you do with a 3rd rd guy? Is it 1 rd or 2 they move up. It’s kind of weird. Also 1/3 would make uneven too. Are you rounding up or down? Most just keep it simple and they move up 1 or 2 Rds each year. I agree they need to move up…so there is some movement in the league and some strategy to keeping guys. If you guys want to scrap the round thing altogether then I say you just are allowed to keep for 3 years…then it’s like they become free agents in real life and it opens up. Also makes trades interesting because they may only have 1 more year of eligibility or you can trade an expiring contract for draft picks. I just prefer the 2 rd deal. Also how many can you keep? Most are like 2,3, 4 guys. I don’t see an issue with putting some rules around keepers…to just have ultimate forever keepers is basically a dynasty league and that has pluses and minuses but can mean the balance of power wont change much. It’s a pay league so definitely should vote on it..or let people have their money back if you are changing the rules.

We can keep up yo 2 a year.  The proposal would round up.  My 13 rd Mark Andrews would become a 7, then 4, then 2, then 1.  

We went back and forth and held a vote today.  The commish came out yesterday basically declaring it a done deal.  A few of us blew back.  I said we were addressing a problem that doesn't exist.  We sound up voting to keep status quo because of competition and there is still strategy involved either way.  One guy was arguing that its more fair to start devaluing someone's draft pick/ keeper.  I said, sorry buddy but I'm trying to win $500 and don't care.  Get better at fantasy football then. 

I was such an idiot my first year and won but gave up Davante Adams as a 1st rounder and Kelsey as a 2nd.  Got last last year and now I'm about to select kelsey with my #1.  I'm going to wind up with 3 top 15 projected w/rb/te and still have a 2nd and 3rd round pick.  I'm feeling good about jumping right back in the mix.  With 4 or 5 guys keeping guys that were 1st or 2nd rounders, by time that 24th/25th pick rolls back around there will actually only be about 13 guys off the board. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

We can keep up yo 2 a year.  The proposal would round up.  My 13 rd Mark Andrews would become a 7, then 4, then 2, then 1.  

We went back and forth and held a vote today.  The commish came out yesterday basically declaring it a done deal.  A few of us blew back.  I said we were addressing a problem that doesn't exist.  We sound up voting to keep status quo because of competition and there is still strategy involved either way.  One guy was arguing that its more fair to start devaluing someone's draft pick/ keeper.  I said, sorry buddy but I'm trying to win $500 and don't care.  Get better at fantasy football then. 

I was such an idiot my first year and won but gave up Davante Adams as a 1st rounder and Kelsey as a 2nd.  Got last last year and now I'm about to select kelsey with my #1.  I'm going to wind up with 3 top 15 projected w/rb/te and still have a 2nd and 3rd round pick.  I'm feeling good about jumping right back in the mix.  With 4 or 5 guys keeping guys that were 1st or 2nd rounders, by time that 24th/25th pick rolls back around there will actually only be about 13 guys off the board. 

That makes a lot of sense then. Yeah I don’t see the reason for the change. Especially when money is involved. It’s only 2 players then this is just way overblown. No reason to make a drastic change. Seems the commish is probably upset he hasn’t done well or can’t get one of his favorite players or one of his friends is making a piss about it. Agree there isn’t a problem…should leave well enough alone. Yeah…looks like you have a great shot at it. Hope luck is on your side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Most problematic bye week?  I've got to vote for 14.  

Week 7 ain’t no picnic either(seems I’ve got a lot of shares in that week)…9 has a lot as well. Thing about 14 is you might already have playoffs sown up and could have a nice bounce back week in first rd of playoffs for those guys coming off their bye.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Most problematic bye week?  I've got to vote for 14.  

Yep along with what others have said week 7 and 9 too. I'm in one league where it's 12 teams and they still do 12 regular season games. 2 best get byes....(week 13) and playoffs for Final 4 starting in week 14. The league is little imbalanced in terms of quality so they'd rather everyone play each other once and go from there....but week 14 for that league will definitely be considered on draft night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Starting to see more mocks that have McCaffery going #1 instead of Taylor.

Let them. I just don't trust CMC....and even with Hines going to be used much more JT is pretty darn safe to me at 1.

Just found out I'm drafting 8th and 10th in my 2 main $ leagues....thank goodness. Now I can secure my 200+ catches and never look back

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep along with what others have said week 7 and 9 too. I'm in one league where it's 12 teams and they still do 12 regular season games. 2 best get byes....(week 13) and playoffs for Final 4 starting in week 14. The league is little imbalanced in terms of quality so they'd rather everyone play each other once and go from there....but week 14 for that league will definitely be considered on draft night.

Yeah.  that's not cool having byes in the fantasy playoffs.  I realize everyone knows it going in.  But, I would much rather have the playoff structure we have here with 12 teams.  Top 2 still get byes, but with only 6 teams in playoffs, it's doable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  that's not cool having byes in the fantasy playoffs.  I realize everyone knows it going in.  But, I would much rather have the playoff structure we have here with 12 teams.  Top 2 still get byes, but with only 6 teams in playoffs, it's doable.

It's been my personal piggy bank over the last 5 years or so fine by me....but I guarantee 1/2 these guys don't even know what weeks 13/14 look like. They'll wake up after Thanksgiving and go wait that's not right?? Haha..

• Haha 2

Let them. I just don't trust CMC....and even with Hines going to be used much more JT is pretty darn safe to me at 1.

Just found out I'm drafting 8th and 10th in my 2 main $ leagues....thank goodness. Now I can secure my 200+ catches and never look back

Usually Mixon or Chubb is still there at 10…not bad to have one of them. The league I drafted 10 I did get Mixon. Problem was running back 2….only guys on the board when it got back was Ettiene, Gibson, and Montgomery….so I had to go back to the wr well. I didn’t get my second running back until rd 8 with Penny. That said I’m stacked at wr…like crazy stacked…Diggs, Samuel, Pittman, Sutton, Metcalf, Goodwin. I can only start 3 but eventually someone will come with a trade. Until then Mixon, Penny, Walker, and Hunt will have to do.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Usually Mixon or Chubb is still there at 10…not bad to have one of them. The league I drafted 10 I did get Mixon. Problem was running back 2….only guys on the board when it got back was Ettiene, Gibson, and Montgomery….so I had to go back to the wr well. I didn’t get my second running back until rd 8 with Penny. That said I’m stacked at wr…like crazy stacked…Diggs, Samuel, Pittman, Sutton, Metcalf, Goodwin. I can only start 3 but eventually someone will come with a trade. Until then Mixon, Penny, Walker, and Hunt will have to do.

Where did Godwin go in your draft? I'm at initial stages of trying to figure out certain guys and where they are landing. It's a two fold problem for me. I'd rather roll the dice and get serviceable/handcuff/sleeper RB's later.....while stacking my WR's/TE,etc...early on. Problem is this.

I'm seeing guys like Godwin, Thomas, Cooks, Amon, Sutton, Metcalf, ARob, even Thielen all lumped in 50-60th picks in PPR 12 team leagues. Which makes me start thinking about getting RB earlier than I ever have because if someone told me I could get Godwin/Thomas or Godwin/ARob in the 5th/6th turn...I'd be in heaven. 

His rank was 101 in yahoo and I’ve been seeing him go late 8th/early 9th…so around pick 90 on avg. I think he is so far down the list people don’t even see him in their que. I usually have targets and go more by my draft que then who is at the adp out there. I just kinda glance to make sure no one has fallen but I have no problem dropping down 20 positions to take one of my guys especially in the dead zone around picks 50-70 who have a bunch of guys I don’t value.

Other leagues he has gone a little earlier but not much…kinda depends on PPR and if multiple qb etc. I worried Brady might retire when he left last week and I think that hurt his value a lot as well. Evans is a Td machine with anyone throwing…was before Brady will be after…but Goodwin benefits a ton from Brady.

Edited by dgambill

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Where did Godwin go in your draft? I'm at initial stages of trying to figure out certain guys and where they are landing. It's a two fold problem for me. I'd rather roll the dice and get serviceable/handcuff/sleeper RB's later.....while stacking my WR's/TE,etc...early on. Problem is this.

I'm seeing guys like Godwin, Thomas, Cooks, Amon, Sutton, Metcalf, ARob, even Thielen all lumped in 50-60th picks in PPR 12 team leagues. Which makes me start thinking about getting RB earlier than I ever have because if someone told me I could get Godwin/Thomas or Godwin/ARob in the 5th/6th turn...I'd be in heaven. 

Godwin has not been in any contact drills yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

You got Deebo at the end of round 3?  Wow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I have drafted in 3 leagues. I have Godwin in all 3. Got him 58th, 55th, and 98th!!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, KDB said:

I have drafted in 3 leagues. I have Godwin in all 3. Got him 58th, 55th, and 98th!!

That's what I'm curious about. The guy is already back at practice and well ahead of the October timeline so many have been saying. Kudos to you on the 98th....steal steal steal of the draft. 8th round...wow. 

• Like 1

That's what I'm curious about. The guy is already back at practice and well ahead of the October timeline so many have been saying. Kudos to you on the 98th....steal steal steal of the draft. 8th round...wow. 

It was my first draft where I got him 98, beginning of August.. way too early to draft, but that’s what everyone wanted to do. 

Yahoo has Godwin ranked wayyy too low, so he can definitely fall too far in a league with casual players. Took advantage in that one! Lol

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KDB said:

It was my first draft where I got him 98, beginning of August.. way too early to draft, but that’s what everyone wanted to do. 

Yahoo has Godwin ranked wayyy too low, so he can definitely fall too far in a league with casual players. Took advantage in that one! Lol

Now that makes sense. I was curious about the discrepancy in position....but since he's returned he's been moving up. Good haul! 

23 hours ago, 5fouls said:

You got Deebo at the end of round 3?  Wow.

Yep….I was like “f” you…if your going to all take all the RBs I’ll go the other way…and I had a glut of wr available to me. Kinda pissed and then I looked at the board and was like wow!! Look at all these top dudes…so I took them all.

• Like 1