Spots Open - HSN Fantasy Football

8 hours ago, rico said:

I should have started Boyd.  Sigh.

Seriously, after the 60 yard TD on teh 4th play of game, I immediately went to phone to make sure you did not slip Boyd into your lineup while I was driving up to the game.  My son says something about waiting until halftime to check fantasy.  i said, "No.  I have to know what Rico did right now.".

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Seriously, after the 60 yard TD on teh 4th play of game, I immediately went to phone to make sure you did not slip Boyd into your lineup while I was driving up to the game.  My son says something about waiting until halftime to check fantasy.  i said, "No.  I have to know what Rico did right now.".

I dang near switched him for Higgins.  Sum of a beach.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, rico said:

I ain't counting on it.  Had my chance and blew it.  I am gonna fine myself.

If Mark Andrews had not given me 0.4, it would not be as close as it is.  Funny thing though is that my opponent has Andrews in HSN2, and if I hold on to that one, his only getting 0.4 from Andrews will help me win.  

• Like 1

Fantasy is a cruel animal sometimes. Never as good as you think you are and never as bad....but right now the latter is testing my patience. My largest $ league I just can't catch a break. Every single week I'm up against the 3 guys who go off. This week up against Burrow, Chase, Jacobs combo...

Not sure how other people's leagues are but 2 of mine are very top heavy. 3 teams should be 5-2 after tonight and the rest at 2-5 or 3-4 which for those of us stung by bad luck no reason to panic. Even 2-5 teams have plenty of time to make playoffs!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Fantasy is a cruel animal sometimes. Never as good as you think you are and never as bad....but right now the latter is testing my patience. My largest $ league I just can't catch a break. Every single week I'm up against the 3 guys who go off. This week up against Burrow, Chase, Jacobs combo...

Not sure how other people's leagues are but 2 of mine are very top heavy. 3 teams should be 5-2 after tonight and the rest at 2-5 or 3-4 which for those of us stung by bad luck no reason to panic. Even 2-5 teams have plenty of time to make playoffs!

In HSN2 this week, I'm going to win with a score of 95.82.  That team has been injury riddled and is filled with underachieves.  It's now sitting at 3-4, but by all rights could be 0-7 or 1-6 at best.

In HSN Champions league, a team I'm generally very happy with, I have to sweat out my opponent getting an above average game from D. Harris to avoid dropping to 3-4 there.  If this team played my HSN2 league team 10 times, it would win 9, but they could have the same record after tonight.

In my ESPN league, I started the week as a 40 point favorite and am now a 15 point dog headed into tonight.  The McCaffrey trade blew up my projected starting backfield (CMC and Wilson), Lamar stunk, St. Brown got concussed early in game, Jefferson was on bye. and virtually every other player underachieved.  Only big nights from Stevenson and Montgomery will save me from dropping my first matchup of the season in that league.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I was crushing it yesterday then Metcalf went down.  I still have a small chance 2 of your 3 left are a kicker and defense. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I was crushing it yesterday then Metcalf went down.  I still have a small chance 2 of your 3 left are a kicker and defense. 

Stuff like that drives me crazy because it happens in all leagues. You have a great week and boom a guy like Metcalf ends up 1 catch for 12 yards.....just maddening. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Stuff like that drives me crazy because it happens in all leagues. You have a great week and boom a guy like Metcalf ends up 1 catch for 12 yards.....just maddening. 

Even if I sit at 2-5 I'm pretty satisfied with this roster. I'm hoping it can put a streak of wins together. I just don't know what else to do. It isn't like I'm not scoring points. 

• Like 2