HSN Fantasy Football

Gonna have to make one of those frustrating lineup calls this week that could result in a 30 point swing.

I have M. Andrews in the Champions league and I think I'm gonna have to sit him even if he is deemed active for tonight's game.  

Hasn't practiced all week and I played him with the 'Q' tag last week and was rewarded with 0.4.  If I end up sitting him to protect against the possible 0.00, he'll probably go off for 30.  

But, with no practices this week following a very limited performance on Sunday, I just have to think there is a real issue there.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Gonna have to make one of those frustrating lineup calls this week that could result in a 30 point swing.

I have M. Andrews in the Champions league and I think I'm gonna have to sit him even if he is deemed active for tonight's game.  

Hasn't practiced all week and I played him with the 'Q' tag last week and was rewarded with 0.4.  If I end up sitting him to protect against the possible 0.00, he'll probably go off for 30.  

But, with no practices this week following a very limited performance on Sunday, I just have to think there is a real issue there.

He isn't going for 30. I don't think you need to worry about that, honestly. He is clearly dinged up. I think I would, confidently, be looking for another TE because Andrews just doesn't seem to be any sort of any option this week. Idk, maybe I'm looking at that wrong. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The flip side is, what do you think you're getting from a TE at the waiver wire. It's an very weak position to begin with - is taking a "safe" waiver wire pick that gets you 4 or 5 points unless they score a TD worth risking what you could get from Andrews? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The flip side is, what do you think you're getting from a TE at the waiver wire. It's an very weak position to begin with - is taking a "safe" waiver wire pick that gets you 4 or 5 points unless they score a TD worth risking what you could get from Andrews? 

I actually got Dalton Schultz off the wire last week.  He's obviously been a bust so far, but he's gotten healthier and Dak is back, so I'm hoping for 5-50.  Not normal Andrews production, but a number Schultz is capable of providing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I actually got Dalton Schultz off the wire last week.  He's obviously been a bust so far, but he's gotten healthier and Dak is back, so I'm hoping for 5-50.  Not normal Andrews production, but a number Schultz is capable of providing.

Good ole Schultzie.  I usually got nuzting out of him.

• Haha 1

Anyone hearing a thing on Gus Edwards? I'm in a jam in a few leagues. Any input would help oh him and who you would play out of below. I'm leaning Gus if healthy but I don't like having that much exposure to one 50/50 guy.

Gus Edwards-Has the Q next to him, short week,etc....and on paper tough matchup but Chuba did well last week vs Bucs

Chuba Hubbard-Q again but favorable matchup

Darrel Henderson-Q again...and not a good matchup

Brian Robinson-low yards per attempt but they are feeding him

I literally have these 4 guys in a few leagues. Problem is this. They are all either RB2 or Flex option. Normally I could play Kirk but hate that matchup on Sunday vs Surtain. Or I could go with Wandale now that he's clear number 1 in NY.

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone hearing a thing on Gus Edwards? I'm in a jam in a few leagues. Any input would help oh him and who you would play out of below. I'm leaning Gus if healthy but I don't like having that much exposure to one 50/50 guy.

Gus Edwards-Has the Q next to him, short week,etc....and on paper tough matchup but Chuba did well last week vs Bucs

I literally have these 4 guys in a few leagues. Problem is this. They are all either RB2 or Flex option. Normally I could play Kirk but hate that matchup on Sunday vs Surtain. Or I could go with Wandale now that he's clear number 1 in NY.

I would go Chuba.  I think Edward's will play, but TB is going to be in a foul mood after last week  I expect any significant yards on the ground will be non-traditional (i.e. Lamar).

As far as Henderson, he is just 'sick'.  So, if it was jyst a late night trip to Taco Bell, he should be fine.  But, if he has Covid, then it good be a problem even if he feels fine.

That said, his matchup sucks.  I'm leaving Henderson on bench in both leagues that I have him in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I would go Chuba.  I think Edward's will play, but TB is going to be in a foul mood after last week  I expect any significant yards on the ground will be non-traditional (i.e. Lamar).

As far as Henderson, he is just 'sick'.  So, if it was jyst a late night trip to Taco Bell, he should be fine.  But, if he has Covid, then it good be a problem even if he feels fine.

That said, his matchup sucks.  I'm leaving Henderson on bench in both leagues that I have him in.

And that's the tough part. Chuba didn't practice again today. I usually don't like playing Thursday night guys but might be forced to go Edwards. Who knows anymore. Some leagues/drafts/moves are so easy....you build your roster, add depth, pluck a waiver wire guy and it's routine. I've got 2 leagues right that are just weekly tough calls. 

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I was focused on the RB question and missed the Flex one.  I would definitely consider Wandale for flex.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know I'm going to regret this but benching Edwards in our league. Playing him in couple others. Good luck to everyone this week! 

An hour and a half ago, I decided to leave Andrews on the bench, drop Schultz because he didn't practice today either, and take a flyer on a possible boom day and pick up Taysom Hill since Andy Dalton is still starting for New Orleans.

Now that Andrews is officially playing, I've caved and put him in the lineup.  I may yet change my mind, but leaving Andrews on the bench when he's playing would rank up there with very stupid unless I also had Kelce.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, rico said:

I am counting on that upside.  I should have started him last week.

Looking at your roster for first time....you've got some very nice options there. Who knows what will happen with Pittman but being able to roll Higgins, Boyd, Aiyuk (who Jimmy G loves) is pretty darn good.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

An hour and a half ago, I decided to leave Andrews on the bench, drop Schultz because he didn't practice today either, and take a flyer on a possible boom day and pick up Taysom Hill since Andy Dalton is still starting for New Orleans.

Now that Andrews is officially playing, I've caved and put him in the lineup.  I may yet change my mind, but leaving Andrews on the bench when he's playing would rank up there with very stupid unless I also had Kelce.  

If he's playing you play him. I gave up years ago on superstars at their position. If active you just slot them in. With that said I just did a Fanduel entry with Likely as a cheap option....haha.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Looking at your roster for first time....you've got some very nice options there. Who knows what will happen with Pittman but being able to roll Higgins, Boyd, Aiyuk (who Jimmy G loves) is pretty darn good.

...to the tune of 3-4.  <sigh>

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

If he's playing you play him. I gave up years ago on superstars at their position. If active you just slot them in. With that said I just did a Fanduel entry with Likely as a cheap option....haha.

Mark it down.  Andrews will have 1.9 and Hill will have 35.2 points.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2