HSN Fantasy Football 2024

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Man I’d love to get a dynasty HSN league off the ground someday. I love the Sleeper app but too many quit when after a year or so of losing. Definitely need a tight group to keep it together. 

Wasn't dynasty, but I was in a keeper league the last couple of years.  My team was loaded.  Won regular season first year and won playoffs last year.

I was in prime position to win again since I got to keep my core, but the commissioner, who works with my son-in-law didnt renew.  His team sucked, so I guess he didnt want to have another losing season.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Decided to help a league out and join last second. Non-PPR league. Rankings seem a little different. Haven't been in a Non PPR league in like 15 years. Curious for those that have been in them are RB's more of a premium?

RBs are definitely more of a premium, with a qualifier.  3rd down & pass catching backs are downgraded a bit.  A Derrick Henry type is more valuable.  Meanwhile, someone like Jerrick McKinnon who could be used in a pinch in PPR, has little to no value.

I'm in a half point PPR league this year, and it takes some getting used to in regards to what a good weekly score is.  

I strongly prefer PPR.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

RBs are definitely more of a premium, with a qualifier.  3rd down & pass catching backs are downgraded a bit.  A Derrick Henry type is more valuable.  Meanwhile, someone like Jerrick McKinnon who could be used in a pinch in PPR, has little to no value.

I'm in a half point PPR league this year, and it takes some getting used to in regards to what a good weekly score is.  

I strongly prefer PPR.

PPR and even 1/2 PPR still carry most of the same guys for my taste. I drafted last and went JT, Brown, and grabbed Walker, Mostert, and Ford a little earlier. The good news is Yahoo gave me a C- so as we all know it's a good sign.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2024 at 8:36 AM, 5fouls said:

Chiefs sign Samaji Perine.  Might end up being a fantasy hit to Pacheco if Perine gets the bulk of the 3rd down work, especially in a PPR league like ours.

Reed has praised Pacheco all pre season. this is a depth move.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 8/25/2024 at 12:04 AM, 5fouls said:

Yahoo's thoughts on my draft tonight.  I like it!

image.png.07b4203301522aa8463b801ea0726f28.png

This is my D- minus rated team that I mentioned in the post quoted above.

QB:  T. Tagovailoa; J. Daniels

WR: T. Hill; C. Kupp, D. Adams, T. McLaurin, L. McConkey

RB: A. Kamara, J. Conner, Javonte Williams, G. Edwards, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb (IR)

TE: M. Andrews

K: E. McPherson

DEF: Houston

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

This is my D- minus rated team that I mentioned in the post quoted above.

QB:  T. Tagovailoa; J. Daniels

WR: T. Hill; C. Kupp, D. Adams, T. McLaurin, L. McConkey

RB: A. Kamara, J. Conner, Javonte Williams, G. Edwards, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb (IR)

TE: M. Andrews

K: E. McPherson

DEF: Houston

I mean I can see the RB's are a little light but on the other hand they could be really good. No way that's a D- team.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I mean I can see the RB's are a little light but on the other hand they could be really good. No way that's a D- team.

I'll admit that I drafted differently than normal  for this team.  My plan was I wasn't going to pick anyone I was targeting for HSN or my home league.  For example, if I had got the 3rd pick in HSN or home, I was going to go Bijan instead of Hill.  Now, Hill is a great get, don't get me wrong.  But, drafting 3rd, especially in a half-point PPR like this league was, and RBs worthy of a 2nd round pick are going to be gone by the time it wraps back around to me.  Pacheco was there, but he was my #1 target for my more important leagues.  

Similar thing with Kupp.  Mike Evans, J. Waddle, Olave, Deebo, etc. were sitting there when I took Kupp, but I was targeting those guys as players I wanted in my more important leagues, so I said what the heck, take a chance on Kupp and maybe he has one more monster year left in him.  D. Adams, I didn't want at all, but as a 3rd round value, I couldn't talk myself out of it.

On RBs, I'm counting on just one of Kamara and Conner to be healthy.  I liked the way Javonte looked in preseason, so I'm hoping the 2nd year after the ACL gives him a bump.  Picking Chubb was sentimental.  He's my all-time favorite fantasy player, and who knows, though a longshot, I might just get some RB2 level scoring from him the 2nd half of the year.   

Tua became my QB target the second I drafted Hill.  

Keeping my fingers crossed that this team can hold together well enough to compete for a playoff spot.  I'll be aggressive on Waivers and Free Agents, trying to get the breakout guy a week early.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'll admit that I drafted differently than normal  for this team.  My plan was I wasn't going to pick anyone I was targeting for HSN or my home league.  For example, if I had got the 3rd pick in HSN or home, I was going to go Bijan instead of Hill.  Now, Hill is a great get, don't get me wrong.  But, drafting 3rd, especially in a half-point PPR like this league was, and RBs worthy of a 2nd round pick are going to be gone by the time it wraps back around to me.  Pacheco was there, but he was my #1 target for my more important leagues.  

Similar thing with Kupp.  Mike Evans, J. Waddle, Olave, Deebo, etc. were sitting there when I took Kupp, but I was targeting those guys as players I wanted in my more important leagues, so I said what the heck, take a chance on Kupp and maybe he has one more monster year left in him.  D. Adams, I didn't want at all, but as a 3rd round value, I couldn't talk myself out of it.

On RBs, I'm counting on just one of Kamara and Conner to be healthy.  I liked the way Javonte looked in preseason, so I'm hoping the 2nd year after the ACL gives him a bump.  Picking Chubb was sentimental.  He's my all-time favorite fantasy player, and who knows, though a longshot, I might just get some RB2 level scoring from him the 2nd half of the year.   

Tua became my QB target the second I drafted Hill.  

Keeping my fingers crossed that this team can hold together well enough to compete for a playoff spot.  I'll be aggressive on Waivers and Free Agents, trying to get the breakout guy a week early.  

Waivers the first couple of weeks is always a must. In our league (and others) I got Puka Nacua in week 1 waiver last year. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2024 at 3:52 PM, Seeking6 said:

Decided to help a league out and join last second. Non-PPR league. Rankings seem a little different. Haven't been in a Non PPR league in like 15 years. Curious for those that have been in them are RB's more of a premium?

TDS are king. Prioritize guys that score not just the possession guys. Like Olave wouldn’t even be a top 50 player…but Mike Evans might be a top 5 WR. Yes bell cow backs are huge.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2024 at 12:20 PM, Indykev said:

Reed has praised Pacheco all pre season. this is a depth move.

Chiefs had better backs last year and Pacheco still dominated…might get some 3d work but even last year Pacheco was getting used more in the passing game. Imo Pacheco will be a stud this year.

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I registered both of them. Are those names the ones that have signed up

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I registered both of them. Are those names the ones that have signed up

No.  Trying to get more sign-ups in Survivor and Pick'em from those playing in the regular fantasy leagues.

I'm showing you registered for both.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Completed the home league draft this afternoon.

10 Teams, full PPR.

It starts 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, 1 DL, 1 LB, & 1 DB.

I drew the 2nd slot.  In other leagues, I have Tyreke and Bijan.  CeeDee would have been the obvious choice, but I'm concerned about Dallas this season, and I was also worried about the quality of RB I would get with pick #19 in a league that has historically drafted RBs early.

So, I drafted B. Hall, and then when it came back around to me, Pacheco was there, which surprised me a little (the 2 QB structure helped out there).

I took A. Richardson with my 3rd pick, and by the time it wrapped back around to me for the 4th round, top QBs were becoming scarce so I took J. Love.

Th downside is that WRs had really thinned out at that point.  It was bad enough that I went ahead and took LaPorta with my 5th round pick because I was pretty sure the person in the 1 hole would take him with one of their two picks on the wrap.

So, Higgins became the 1st receiver, which isn't optimal.  My overall receiver core is thin, especially for a 3 WR league.  I will likely be flexing an RB most weeks because, as thin as my WRs are, my RB room is absolutely stacked. I kept wanting to draft receivers, but felt obligated to draft RBs because of the insane value I was getting.

RBs:  Hall, Pacheco, Montgomery, Singletary, Mostert.  Yes, the guy who led the NFL in Rushing TDs last year is my 5th RB.

WRs"  Higgins, Rice, K. Allen, C. Sutton, R. Doubs, and M. Wilson:  I wanted C. Watson to pair up with Love, but both he and J. Reed got drafted before I could grab them.  Both Rice and Doubs violated my goal of not drafting someone I already had on my other 3 teams.  Rice I took out of desperation because I was so far behind on WRs.  And, I wanted one of the Packer WRs to go with Love, which is why I went with Doubs after missing out on Watson and Reed.  Wilson was my target going in for a 6th receiver.  

ESPN projected me 7th out of 10 teams.  I can live with that.  But, I'm starting the season in a position of extreme strength at RB, which could result in some trade opportunities for me to bolster my WRs.  Even if that does not work out, I should be able to weather the inevitable injury bug that hits RBs during the season. 

Levis is my 3rd QB, Bowers my backup TE, and McPherson my kicker.  I waited until the end to take my defenders, so nothing that stands out there.  

Now, I just have t figure out who to start at Flex on Week 1.  ESPN projects the points in this order:  Montgomery, Sutton, Singletary, and Mostert.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

10 Teams, full PPR.

I drew the 2nd slot.  In other leagues, I have Tyreke and Bijan.  CeeDee would have been the obvious choice, but I'm concerned about Dallas this season, and I was also worried about the quality of RB I would get with pick #19 in a league that has historically drafted RBs early.

So, I drafted B. Hall, and then when it came back around to me, Pacheco was there, which surprised me a little (the 2 QB structure helped out there).

I took A. Richardson with my 3rd pick, and by the time it wrapped back around to me for the 4th round, top QBs were becoming scarce so I took J. Love.

Th downside is that WRs had really thinned out at that point.  It was bad enough that I went ahead and took LaPorta with my 5th round pick because I was pretty sure the person in the 1 hole would take him with one of their two picks on the wrap.

So, Higgins became the 1st receiver, which isn't optimal.  My overall receiver core is thin, especially for a 3 WR league.  I will likely be flexing an RB most weeks because, as thin as my WRs are, my RB room is absolutely stacked. I kept wanting to draft receivers, but felt obligated to draft RBs because of the insane value I was getting.

RBs:  Hall, Pacheco, Montgomery, Singletary, Mostert.  Yes, the guy who led the NFL in Rushing TDs last year is my 5th RB.

WRs"  Higgins, Rice, K. Allen, C. Sutton, R. Doubs, and M. Wilson:  I wanted C. Watson to pair up with Love, but both he and J. Reed got drafted before I could grab them.  Both Rice and Doubs violated my goal of not drafting someone I already had on my other 3 teams.  Rice I took out of desperation because I was so far behind on WRs.  And, I wanted one of the Packer WRs to go with Love, which is why I went with Doubs after missing out on Watson and Reed.  Wilson was my target going in for a 6th receiver.  

ESPN projected me 7th out of 10 teams.  I can live with that.  But, I'm starting the season in a position of extreme strength at RB, which could result in some trade opportunities for me to bolster my WRs.  Even if that does not work out, I should be able to weather the inevitable injury bug that hits RBs during the season. 

Levis is my 3rd QB, Bowers my backup TE, and McPherson my kicker.  I waited until the end to take my defenders, so nothing that stands out there.  

Now, I just have t figure out who to start at Flex on Week 1.  ESPN projects the points in this order:  Montgomery, Sutton, Singletary, and Mostert.  

Montgomery will run for a TD….safe bet 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 6:58 PM, 5fouls said:

I signed up for the pickem, what is the group ID and password for the survivor? Is it the same?

On 9/1/2024 at 6:24 PM, 5fouls said:

10 Teams, full PPR.

Montgomery vs a Rams D living without Donald might be a good one. I'm still a Mostert believer too and despite Father time, Achane,etc....Mostert is going to get his touches. Can't believe he's a 7th/8th round guy in most leagues that draft to ADP.

I had a draft over the weekend and I was able to get Mostert, Ford, White, Chubb, and Dowdle (who I believe will get more Pollard like numbers) all after the 7th round. Definitely some risk but I only to pick 2 of these. To me it's insane value for that late. Good luck!

• Like 1

Going to try a new feature this season and highlight a key matchup each week in both of our HSN leagues.  Here are Week 1's matchups to watch.

Champions League 

image.png.ab4f32e95a98fd0b45e42cb0d7e5acc9.png

You know it's a key matchup when an 'Optimal' team faces a 'Tip-Top' team in week 1.  And, by the way, these are the Champions League winners from the last 2 years. 

Players to watch:  Or, in this case, possibly watch.  @Seeking6took CeeDee Lamb first overall in the draft.  @dgambilltook Ja'Marr Chase with pick #4.    The big question is whether either of these guys will even play Week 1.  Both spent the majority of Training Camp embroiled in a contract dispute, and as of now, Chase's is still ongoing.  Lamb got his contract, but the Cowboys still have him listed on the Exempt List, whatever the hell that means.  While it's likely Lamb will, in fact, play Week 1, it's more iffy on Chase.  He has practiced only once all camp, and even if that were to change today, he would require an accelerated ramp-up to get ready for Sunday. 

HSN2

image.png.c081dce79df259af5ca05ac09d2408f9.png

Yahoo predicts this to be decided by a margin of .06 points.  Can't get much closer than that.  Of course, given Yahoo's prediction skills, we can expect it to be a 185-74 blowout.  The question is, who will come out on top?  Will it be the veteran @Sagamore or the newbie @Naturalhoosier, who thought he was joining a soccer league and was wondering why Ronaldo and Messi weren't eligible to draft.

Players to Watch:  The Rookie QB versus the 2 time MVP and 3 time Super Bowl Champion. @Sagamore rolls the dice at QB with Jayden Daniels as his starting QB (though he could elect to start a gimpy Justin Herbert instead).  Meanwhile, @Naturalhoosier says 'no rookie for me' and counters with Patrick Mahomes (unless he elects to go with Matthew Stafford). 

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1