HSN Fantasy Football 2024

In the mystical realm of HSN Champions League, Indykev showcased their drafting prowess by earning an impressive A+ grade. With a projected record of 11-3-0 and a forecasted 1st place finish, they seem destined for glory. Despite the 5th toughest schedule among 12 teams, this team is ready to conquer the competition.

• Like 1

This is a classic Yahoo quote from my Champions League summary.  How on earth am I going to navigate that 1 person bye week?  

With one player chilling on the sidelines during week 12, 5fouls might need to concoct some strategic maneuvers to navigate through the choppy waters of the season.

And, technically, I have 2 players on bye.  Bijan and Allgeier as his handcuff.

I got a 'D' for my Champions effort.  B- for HSN2.

14 minutes ago, Indykev said:

In the mystical realm of HSN Champions League, Indykev showcased their drafting prowess by earning an impressive A+ grade. With a projected record of 11-3-0 and a forecasted 1st place finish, they seem destined for glory. Despite the 5th toughest schedule among 12 teams, this team is ready to conquer the competition.

Perfect.  We can give you Draft slot #7 again next year.  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This is a classic Yahoo quote from my Champions League summary.  How on earth am I going to navigate that 1 person bye week?  

With one player chilling on the sidelines during week 12, 5fouls might need to concoct some strategic maneuvers to navigate through the choppy waters of the season.

And, technically, I have 2 players on bye.  Bijan and Allgeier as his handcuff.

I got a 'D' for my Champions effort.  B- for HSN2.

I don’t think I’ve ever got a grade higher than C-…and landing a D this year. Won leagues and missed playoffs alike but usually only because of key injuries.

Guess I’m headed for HSN2 league because it said I will only win 3 games this year. If you want a good score just let it auto draft the highest rated player on the board….its so dumb with the grade stuff.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've got a total of 4 fantasy teams this season.  With the two HSN drafts tonight, 3 drafts have been completed.  I know it's not a 'winning' strategy, but I've made it a point to not have a player on more than 1 team (except for kicker and defense).  I took this approach because last year, my HSN draft slots were 6 & 7 and I ended up having several of the same players on both. That worked out poorly from both a performance and an injury standpoint.  

My draft slots so far have been 3, 6, and 10.  You would think it be easy to avoid the the same players, but I found myself on multiple occasions having to resist the urge to pick a player for the second time, especially in the middle rounds.  In last night's draft, I specifically avoided certain players I wanted to take in HSN, and for the most part that worked out well.  

Pacheco was someone I was really targeting that I did not get.  My draft slots last night and in HSN Champions prevented me from getting the chance.  In HSN2, he was there in Round 2 for me, but so was Barkley.  I debated long and hard, but went with what I was supposed to do instead of what I wanted to do.

Yahoo gave me grades of D-, D, and B-, so I feel pretty good about things.  

Edited by 5fouls

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

FYI…I’m fielding trade offers. Might not be cheap but everyone is on the block.

Too early for me to consider trades.  I'm one of those people who has to see a few weeks of performance before I begin to tinker with the team.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Too early for me to consider trades.  I'm one of those people who has to see a few weeks of performance before I begin to tinker with the team.  

Yeah I’m not sending out any…but always open to offers. There are always a couple people that couldn’t get guys they were targeting or too many same byes…I’m not married to any of my guys…I have to admit…most yahoo and espn leagues you can almost tell pick for pick where people are going…HSN is definitely some savy fantasy gurus.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Darn it. I got a C+ this year. Probably a Final 4 but no chance at defending. Thanks to all who put together. Have to dive into things in the coming days. Drafted with the grill going and 1.5 eyes open. 

Imo if you make the playoffs it is pretty much a coin flip from there…plus the guys that usually win in the postseason have a late season addition that puts them over the top when the time comes….id be shocked if a winning roster is complete.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Imo if you make the playoffs it is pretty much a coin flip from there…plus the guys that usually win in the postseason have a late season addition that puts them over the top when the time comes….id be shocked if a winning roster is complete.

Always. Just make the playoffs. See what happens from there. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I have to admit…most yahoo and espn leagues you can almost tell pick for pick where people are going…HSN is definitely some savy fantasy gurus.

I did a public league last night on Yahoo primarily to see how the draft would go to help with prep for tonight's 2 HSN drafts.  I mapped out a plan for the first 5 rounds (10 team league, so 50 -players).  47 of my Top 50 went in the top 50 of the draft (43 of the 1st 44).  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

Now that our draft is over there are about 5-6 guys who I'm targeting like crazy this year in later rounds. Would love to know others opinions on sleepers who win leagues.

No particular order but Jerome Ford for us zero RB draft strategy guys gets at least 5-6 weeks of good production in the 8th or 9th round. Rico Dowdle is another one that I feel will leap Zeke if he hasn't already. Zamir White, Rasheed Rice, Palmer, JSN, Walker in the 50's is a treat, Chase Brown in the 9th is great, and for whatever reason I still believe Mostert is going to be the guy in Miami. One other one is Joe Mixon in Houston's offense. Not sure where he went in our draft but getting a guy like that in the 4th or 5th?? Steal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Cowboys are a mystery to me.  CeeDee will get his, but I think overall they will be disappointing offensively.

I get it and I might look back at it being a mistake but I like ton of targets in my first 4 picks in PPR leagues. Not discounting CMC at all I just think Lamb will have roughly 140 catches this year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Now that our draft is over there are about 5-6 guys who I'm targeting like crazy this year in later rounds. Would love to know others opinions on sleepers who win leagues.

No particular order but Jerome Ford for us zero RB draft strategy guys gets at least 5-6 weeks of good production in the 8th or 9th round. Rico Dowdle is another one that I feel will leap Zeke if he hasn't already. Zamir White, Rasheed Rice, Palmer, JSN, Walker in the 50's is a treat, Chase Brown in the 9th is great, and for whatever reason I still believe Mostert is going to be the guy in Miami. One other one is Joe Mixon in Houston's offense. Not sure where he went in our draft but getting a guy like that in the 4th or 5th?? Steal.

Not a true sleeper because of hype in previous years, but I think Javonte Williams shows much better than what he did last year.

Gus Edwards.  The checklist says Jim Harbaugh is the coach, the receiving core is unproven, the QB is gimpy, and Austin Ekeler is in D.C. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not a true sleeper because of hype in previous years, but I think Javonte Williams shows much better than what he did last year.

Gus Edwards.  The checklist says Jim Harbaugh is the coach, the receiving core is unproven, the QB is gimpy, and Austin Ekeler is in D.C. 

I thought about Edwards for sure. Javonte is a weird one for me. I was on him during his rookie year but he never seemed to grab the RB1 in his own backfield. Now Jaleel seems to be gaining momentum. Either way we know Payton loves dump down screens so for a rookie QB like Nix one of their backs has to grab the job at some point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

spit with JK Dobbins in LA. Edwards will get the goal line stuff though.

• Like 1