HSN Fantasy Football 2024

Just a reminder to everyone that we are scheduled to draft one week from today (Sunday, August 25th).  As a courtesy to others in the league, if you are unable to attend the draft live and will be relying on auto-draft, please give the rest of us a heads-up.  It does make a difference (the length of time for the selection to be made, what players will be selected based on auto-draft rules, etc.).

@Seeking6, @ephul, @ATX_sig, @Indykev, @B_A, @iuswingman. @dgambill, @PAHoosier, @BeerBQ, @KDB, @trc, @mrflynn, @HoosierDPU95, @btownqb, @rico, @Parakeet Jones, @Sagamore, @02Hoosier, @Naturalhoosier, @WRSMick55, @TiminNC

Also, if you haven't already done so, but would be interested in playing, i have created a Survivor League for the upcoming season.  Details can be found in link below.

https://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/topic/13866-hsn-nfl-survivor-league-its-free/

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Just a reminder to everyone that we are scheduled to draft one week from today (Sunday, August 25th).  As a courtesy to others in the league, if you are unable to attend the draft live and will be relying on auto-draft, please give the rest of us a heads-up.  It does make a difference (the length of time for the selection to be made, what players will be selected based on auto-draft rules, etc.).

@Seeking6, @ephul, @ATX_sig, @Indykev, @B_A, @iuswingman. @dgambill, @PAHoosier, @BeerBQ, @KDB, @trc, @mrflynn, @HoosierDPU95, @btownqb, @rico, @Parakeet Jones, @Sagamore, @02Hoosier, @Naturalhoosier, @WRSMick55, @TiminNC

Also, if you haven't already done so, but would be interested in playing, i have created a Survivor League for the upcoming season.  Details can be found in link below.

https://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/topic/13866-hsn-nfl-survivor-league-its-free/

What time does the draft start?

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

pick'em league you are in charge of as well. right. 😃

I don't think I remember a fantasy year where more questions vs answers in the top 6-7 picks. Most drafts in PPR world have the following.

CMC-Calf Strain and an offensive Offensive Line

CeeDee-Contract

Hill-No issues

Chase-Something seems up or odd with Burrow

Amon St. Brown-No issues

Justin Jefferson-QB

Bijan-He's a member of the Falcons

AJ Brown-Lots of mouths to feed

Good luck this year to those who draft early!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't think I remember a fantasy year where more questions vs answers in the top 6-7 picks. Most drafts in PPR world have the following.

CMC-Calf Strain and an offensive Offensive Line

CeeDee-Contract

Hill-No issues

Chase-Something seems up or odd with Burrow

Amon St. Brown-No issues

Justin Jefferson-QB

Bijan-He's a member of the Falcons

AJ Brown-Lots of mouths to feed

Good luck this year to those who draft early!

Regarding Chase.  I thought Burrow looked okay during the TD drive he led in the first preseason game.  Or, are you thinking there is a rift between Chase and Burrow?

I'll add on Tyreke that he is over 30 and the Dolphins have a slew of weapons.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Regarding Chase.  I thought Burrow looked okay during the TD drive he led in the first preseason game.  Or, are you thinking there is a rift between Chase and Burrow?

I'll add on Tyreke that he is over 30 and the Dolphins have a slew of weapons.  

Just some whispers on health of Burrow,etc....but I've never been a Chase guy so it might slant my opinion. Funny part about Hill is he has the least amount of question marks to me from the first 5-6.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just some whispers on health of Burrow,etc....but I've never been a Chase guy so it might slant my opinion. Funny part about Hill is he has the least amount of question marks to me from the first 5-6.

I hope I don't get the #1 pick, but would have a hard time justifying taking Tyreke at the top despite the lack of question marks.

Yes, his floor is probably higher, and his ceiling is very high, but the Dolphins have to find touches and touchdowns for Waddle, Achane, and Mostert.  Can they score enough?

McCaffrey is in a league of his own if healthy.  Lamb doesnt have to share touches like Hill does.  Jefferson is going to do better than people think, but not #1 good.

I probably wouldn't take him #1 in a singular draft scenario, but if I was guaranteed to get the #1 pick in 2 or more drafts, I would consider Bijan at #1 at least once among the players you listed (as well as someone else you didnt name).  He's not McCaffrey, but has the potential for a vintage JT or Barkley type #1 fantasy season

• Like 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

I hope I don't get the #1 pick, but would have a hard time justifying taking Tyreke at the top despite the lack of question marks.

Yes, his floor is probably higher, and his ceiling is very high, but the Dolphins have to find touches and touchdowns for Waddle, Achane, and Mostert.  Can they score enough?

McCaffrey is in a league of his own if healthy.  Lamb doesnt have to share touches like Hill does.  Jefferson is going to do better than people think, but not #1 good.

I probably wouldn't take him #1 in a singular draft scenario, but if I was guaranteed to get the #1 pick in 2 or more drafts, I would consider Bijan at #1 at least once among the players you listed (as well as someone else you didnt name).  He's not McCaffrey, but has the potential for a vintage JT or Barkley type #1 fantasy season

If Lamb gets the contract done I'm taking him over CMC at #1 in my most competitive league with childhood friends.

• Like 1

Someone make a case for me on Breece Hall and Garrett Wilson. I have no intentions of drafting either of them even if they drop in my lap but why are they so high up the rankings? Just AR?

Hall was either RB2 or RB3 last year while playing for a horrific team.  I think a healthy Rodgers will also keep defenses more honest and not stack the box against the run.

Wilson COULD become the Jets version of what Rodgers had in Green Bay with D. Adams.  

I'm more likely to draft Hall than I am Wilson, but I prefer other targets in the first round. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Eagles acquire Jahan Dotson from Washington.  Is D. Smith not healthy?  Does it signify more 3 WR sets that would take away touches from Goedert and/or Barkley?  Who becomes the #2 receiver in Washington?

I think Smith is full go unless I haven't heard something. Goedert probably takes a hit but the bumps go to Ertz and who I think is a real sleeper in Luke McCaffrey. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Hall was either RB2 or RB3 last year while playing for a horrific team.  I think a healthy Rodgers will also keep defenses more honest and not stack the box against the run.

Wilson COULD become the Jets version of what Rodgers had in Green Bay with D. Adams.  

I'm more likely to draft Hall than I am Wilson, but I prefer other targets in the first round. 

Both put up good numbers last year with horrific qb play. Hall will benefit in the passing game too not just with less focus from defense. Wilson has never had a qb…and it’s definitely his potential that people are intrigued with. Others at the top have their own question marks of their own. Contract disputes with Lamb, Chase and injury/age concerns of Hill, Mccafery, Taylor, Barkley. Jefferson has a backup throwing to him. So lots of questions on most. St Brown has none but he probably is peaked with what he is capable of scoring…high floor for sure though….similar to Nacua…can they really improve on 2023?? Imo Robinson and Hall have highest upside of running backs but hard to say about the receivers this year.

• Like 1

Participating in my first non best-ball draft of the season tonight.  Similar rules to what we have with the HSN leagues except it's only a half-point ppr.  Going to be interesting to see where certain players get drafted.  

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Participating in my first non best-ball draft of the season tonight.  Similar rules to what we have with the HSN leagues except it's only a half-point ppr.  Going to be interesting to see where certain players get drafted.  

Wish we had a few more answers before our draft but it's a long year anyway. Just don't remember this many uncertainties in round 1. Of course most leagues are won in rounds 3-7 and the wire anyway but still. Good luck!

• Like 1

Wish we had a few more answers before our draft but it's a long year anyway. Just don't remember this many uncertainties in round 1. Of course most leagues are won in rounds 3-7 and the wire anyway but still. Good luck!

The one tonight is the least important of my 4 leagues.  I plan on changing things up a bit from what I intend on doing in the two HSN leagues and my family/friend league.   My main goal with tonight's draft is to see where my main targets in the middle rounds end up getting picked.  I'll try and use that information in prepping for my other leagues.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Indykev said:

give us a look at that team.

After we draft tonight.  I don't want to give away any secrets.  I will tell you that the it was a 10-team league, half-point PPR, and I drafted from the 3rd slot.