HSN Fantasy Football 2024

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not sure I want any part of the #1 pick.  

I’m not sure McCaffrey can stay healthy another full year. All the 49ers have a lot of wear and tear on them…5 nfc championships in 6 years…that’s almost another full season of games. 

I hate the Cowboys but I’m almost tempted to go Lamb/Dax combo in at least one league. Both in contract years…set to ball out…no running game…mighty tempting. I worry about Jefferson playing with a rookie qb…and Tyreke seems like a ticking time bomb…could have another stud year or pull an Antonio Brown anytime. Agree…thinking pick 4-5 is a good spot to be in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Never wanted the first pick. Back end of 1 is where I've always preferred. Especially in PPR leagues.

I got stuck with Pick #7 and Pick #6 in the HSN leagues last season.  Hoping for better position this year.

Pick #1 has pressure every year, and this year it might even have more.

2 of the 3 main scenarios for the #1 are bad in fantasy.

- The pick lives up to expectation (good)

- The pick plays, but disappoints (not good).

- The pick gets injured (really bad).

When your next pick after #1  is #24, those last two scenarios are killers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I got stuck with Pick #7 and Pick #6 in the HSN leagues last season.  Hoping for better position this year.

Pick #1 has pressure every year, and this year it might even have more.

2 of the 3 main scenarios for the #1 are bad in fantasy.

- The pick lives up to expectation (good)

- The pick plays, but disappoints (not good).

- The pick gets injured (really bad).

When your next pick after #1  is #24, those last two scenarios are killers.

I used to hate the middle as well but over the last few years I don't mind as much because the middle can sometimes dictate a draft....especially at QB...or to a lesser extent TE given the drop off after the first 3-4 names.

Haven't dove into things yet and don't even know when our draft is. Need to start might zero RB strategy plans for the later rounds. There are 3-4 guys I like that will hopefully be there after say rounds 5-6.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I used to hate the middle as well but over the last few years I don't mind as much because the middle can sometimes dictate a draft....especially at QB...or to a lesser extent TE given the drop off after the first 3-4 names.

Haven't dove into things yet and don't even know when our draft is. Need to start might zero RB strategy plans for the later rounds. There are 3-4 guys I like that will hopefully be there after say rounds 5-6.

I've done a few mock drafts and a whole bunch of best ball drafts.  Some really interesting names to be had in the middle rounds...at all positions.  

Something tells me that drafting well is going to have greater importance this year, while the waiver wire will not be as impactful.

• Like 1

@Seeking6@ephul@ATX_sig @B_A @iuswingman @dgambill @PAHoosier @BeerBQ @5fouls @Indykev@trc 

The champions league draft will be August 25th at 8:15 PM, immediately following the completion of the HSN2 draft. The order will be randomized by Yahoo and you will be able to access the draft room to see where you will pick 30 minutes before the draft begins. Let me know if any of you have questions or concerns. Looking forward to another fun year!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, KDB said:

@Seeking6@ephul@ATX_sig @B_A @iuswingman @dgambill @PAHoosier @BeerBQ @5fouls @Indykev@trc 

The champions league draft will be August 25th at 8:15 PM, immediately following the completion of the HSN2 draft. The order will be randomized by Yahoo and you will be able to access the draft room to see where you will pick 30 minutes before the draft begins. Let me know if any of you have questions or concerns. Looking forward to another fun year!

I have concerns that some of these guys may draft players I want.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Works for me! Thanks!

Sorry to mislead.  Those are not this year's draft positions.  Just historical info as people start thinking about where they hope their draft slot falls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Sorry to mislead.  Those are not this year's draft positions.  Just historical info as people start thinking about where they hope their draft slot falls.

Oh...got it! Thanks! Was hoping for 12 again but we'll see what slot happens this time around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I forget in this league. Does waiver wire go reverse of draft order and if you don't pick someone up you keep moving forward in priority until you do?

Yes.  Pick #12 will have top priority Week #1.  The order from that point forward will 'roll' based on successful claims.  

For example, assume the teams that drafted 11th and 3rd make successful claims after Week 1.  The team that drafted 12th will keep top priority for the following week. 

The teams that drafted 10th through 4th will all move up 1 spot in the order.  The teams that drafted 2nd and 1st will move up 2 spots.  The two teams with successful claims will fall to the last two spots in the order.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yes.  Pick #12 will have top priority Week #1.  The order from that point forward will 'roll' based on successful claims.  

For example, assume the teams that drafted 11th and 3rd make successful claims after Week 1.  The team that drafted 12th will keep top priority for the following week. 

The teams that drafted 10th through 4th will all move up 1 spot in the order.  The teams that drafted 2nd and 1st will move up 2 spots.  The two teams with successful claims will fall to the last two spots in the order.

Thanks! Waiver wire wins leagues every single year so I want to make sure I know if I have to save.

On 8/9/2024 at 12:36 PM, 5fouls said:

Draft position last year's league winners picked from on their way to a Championship.

Champions League - 12th pick (Seeking6)

HSN2 - 2nd pick (PAHoosier)

i'm going to make sure you get the 1st pick and Seeking gets the 6th:coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Funny draft story I heard on radio earlier this week.  Group of friends get together and are having a draft party for a money league in 2019.  Some guy drafts Andrew Luck and before it even cycles back around to him for another pick, news breaks that Luck has retired.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, 5fouls said:

So, does JJ McCarthy being out for the year help or hurt Justin Jefferson?

It will be interesting to see where HSN drafts him on the 25th.

Lots of question marks near the top this year. I think JJ will be like what Davante Adams was like last year. No matter who is behind center they will find him.

Found out I draft 1st in one of my leagues. CMC-Calf Strain, CeeDee-Contract, Hill seems to be fine, Chase-Burrow injury concerns...

On a side note...I can't believe how far Kelce has dropped on most rankings. Did he age 20 years this offseason and Mahomes retire?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Lots of question marks near the top this year. I think JJ will be like what Davante Adams was like last year. No matter who is behind center they will find him.

Found out I draft 1st in one of my leagues. CMC-Calf Strain, CeeDee-Contract, Hill seems to be fine, Chase-Burrow injury concerns...

On a side note...I can't believe how far Kelce has dropped on most rankings. Did he age 20 years this offseason and Mahomes retire?

When I first started doing some mock drafts a few weeks ago, Kelce was consistently going around the 3/4 turn.

The last week or so, it seems like he's going 2nd round most of the time. 

On 6/28/2024 at 3:15 PM, 5fouls said:

Sitting at 19 teams committed (assumes that @KDB, as commissioner, is in even though he has not said so).

Gonna sit this year out: @Drroogh

Have not yet heard from:  @KoB2011; @NotIThatLives; @steubenhoosier, and @mrflynn.

Given that the accounts for Steubenhoosier and mrflynn can no longer be tagged, I assume that means they are no longer active accounts (or maybe they have me on ignore).  I do know hat I have not seen either on in a long time.

Based on that, I'm inclined to go ahead and begin soliciting for replacements.  3 definitive (drroogh, steub, flynn). 

The last two spots will be held until the original July deadline pending response from NotIThatLives and KOB2011.  If one of those does not play, I will play a 2nd team (more opportunity to beat some@Indykev ass).

I'm going to sit this one out.  Thanks anyways.