HSN Fantasy Football 2024

I don't remember who will be new in our league or who won't. You guys call the rules on things because I love to have active discussions leading up to the draft. Once the league starts I'm assuming we still keep things quiet until after the waiver wire period.

Just wanting to make on etiquette.

Here are the league rosters for this season.  My 2nd team and @trc have been promoted to the Champions League as outlined in post on Page 93 of thread due to two spots being vacated.  @dgambill uses his one-time Champions provisional for winning the Champions League two years ago. 

HSN2

@HoosierDPU95

@rico

@Parakeet Jones

@Sagamore

@02Hoosier

@Naturalhoosier

@WRSMick55

@TiminNC

Hello. If you see your name here please send me your email in a DM asap so i can send you an invite to join the league. If you dont see your name and Fouls has you listed for this league, look in your email or spam for your invite and get signed up today.

Reminder to those that have signed up for HSN2.  Please change your team name to match your HSN screen name so we know who's who.

For those in the Champions league, invites should be coming out in the next few days.

38 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Reminder to those that have signed up for HSN2.  Please change your team name to match your HSN screen name so we know who's who.

For those in the Champions league, invites should be coming out in the next few days.

Yeah. I want to know who’s butt I’m kickin’ when I kick it!

@Seeking6 @ephul @ATX_sig @B_A @iuswingman @dgambill All of you check your PM's for the link to join the Champions League!

@PAHoosier @BeerBQ @5fouls @Indykev @trc I was able to renew the league I had from last year and have you all automatically joined, let me know if you for some reason need to join with a different Yahoo account or can't see that you're in.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thought I would throw this out there for discussion.  10-Team Best Ball draft, I picked in the 8th position.  Never been sniped so many times in my life.  After getting my receivers, my goal was Goff at QB2 and Rodgers as QB3.  Goff got  sniped.  So I then pivoted to C. Williams as QB2.  He got sniped.  So, I got stuck with Rodgers at QB2 and targeted G. Smith as QB3.  Of course, he got snagged right before I picked.  

I think the team can be sneaky good though as long as Hurts and McBride stay healthy.  Achane isn't ideal for my RB1, but when Garrett Wilson fell to me in Round 2, I couldn't say no.    

I'm committed to do the 3 QB thing in best ball this season.  Had a team last year with Cousins and Rodgers as my only QBs.  Another had Burrow and Richardson.  Needless to say, those teams did not do well.  

J. Hurts PHI QB
A, Rodgers NYJ QB
B. Mayfield TB QB
A. St. Brown DET WR
G. Wilson NYJ WR
K. Allen CHI WR
D. Hopkins TEN WR
J. Smith-Ngigba SEA WR
J. Burton CIN WR
D. Achane MIA RB
A. Kamara NO RB
J. Warren PIT RB
D. Singletary NYG RB
K. Miller NO RB
T. McBride ARI TE
C. Kmet CHI TE
T. Conklin NYJ TE
Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Thought I would throw this out there for discussion.  10-Team Best Ball draft, I picked in the 8th position.  Never been sniped so many times in my life.  After getting my receivers, my goal was Goff at QB2 and Rodgers as QB3.  Goff got  sniped.  So I then pivoted to C. Williams as QB2.  He got sniped.  So, I got stuck with Rodgers at QB2 and targeted G. Smith as QB3.  Of course, he got snagged right before I picked.  

I think the team can be sneaky good though as long as Hurts and McBride stay healthy.  Achane isn't ideal for my RB1, but when Garrett Wilson fell to me in Round 2, I couldn't say no.    

I'm committed to do the 3 QB thing in best ball this season.  Had a team last year with Cousins and Rodgers as my only QBs.  Another had Burrow and Richardson.  Needless to say, those teams did not do well.  

J. Hurts PHI QB
A, Rodgers NYJ QB
B. Mayfield TB QB
A. St. Brown DET WR
G. Wilson NYJ WR
K. Allen CHI WR
D. Hopkins TEN WR
J. Smith-Ngigba SEA WR
J. Burton CIN WR
D. Achane MIA RB
A. Kamara NO RB
J. Warren PIT RB
D. Singletary NYG RB
K. Miller NO RB
T. McBride ARI TE
C. Kmet CHI TE
T. Conklin NYJ TE

I haven't dove into much yet. Still trying to figure out where some guys are at. QB's and WR's look great, RB's are probably we'll see and TE's will get targets. 

I've never been in one of those leagues so I don't know if one position is a priority over others,etc...

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I've never been in one of those leagues so I don't know if one position is a priority over others,etc...

In best ball, Wide Receivers tend to get prioritized due the greater possibility of that random 90 yard TD. 

My roster above will use the scoring from 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and 1 Flex each week.

For example, with my roster, I'm probably only going to need to use J. Burton's scoring a week or two this season.  But, it's nice to get his points that week he does score on a 50 yard TD pass without 'starting' him and getting all his empty weeks as well.

RBs and Tight Ends are less likely to get that random huge play.  And, at QB, even if Mayfield throws a long TD, Hurts will still outscore him most weeks.

As a result, combine the fact of more WR positions are scored each week with the fact WRs are more likely to have the big play, and it's best to prioritize them first.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

In best ball, Wide Receivers tend to get prioritized due the greater possibility of that random 90 yard TD. 

My roster above will use the scoring from 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and 1 Flex each week.

For example, with my roster, I'm probably only going to need to use J. Burton's scoring a week or two this season.  But, it's nice to get his points that week he does score on a 50 yard TD pass without 'starting' him and getting all his empty weeks as well.

RBs and Tight Ends are less likely to get that random huge play.  And, at QB, even if Mayfield throws a long TD, Hurts will still outscore him most weeks.

As a result, combine the fact of more WR positions are scored each week with the fact WRs are more likely to have the big play, and it's best to prioritize them first.

Xavier Worthy looking might tasty for those home runs. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Going to try and create some consistent dialogue in this thread.  

My observation for today is there are some absolute killer bye weeks out there.  One in particular that hits all positions hard.  But there are a couple of others that aren't far behind.

Edited by 5fouls

Thought it would be interesting to see how the first round draft picks in HSN Champions ranked at the end of the season based on our scoring format.

Pick #1 - Justin Jefferson finished #7

Pick #2 - Christian McCaffrey finished #1

Pick #3 - Ja'Mar Chase finished #6

Pick #4 - Austin Ekeler finished #101

Pick #5 - Cooper Kupp finished #36

Pick #6 - Tyreke Hill finished #3

Pick #7 - Travis Kelce finished #27

Pick #8 was not on active roster at end of season and Yahoo does not retain that information.  I do not recall who it was. @ATX_sig had the pick.  Maybe he remembers.

Pick #9 - Bijan Robinson finished #5

Pick #10 - Stefan Diggs finished #46

Pick #11 - AJ Brown finished #10

Pick #12 - Tony Pollard finished #94

Based on these numbers, half of those selected in the 1st round did not finish the season with first round performances.  

• Like 2

On 8/3/2024 at 10:41 PM, 5fouls said:

Thought it would be interesting to see how the first round draft picks in HSN Champions ranked at the end of the season based on our scoring format.

Pick #1 - Justin Jefferson finished #7

Pick #2 - Christian McCaffrey finished #1

Pick #3 - Ja'Mar Chase finished #6

Pick #4 - Austin Ekeler finished #101

Pick #5 - Cooper Kupp finished #36

Pick #6 - Tyreke Hill finished #3

Pick #7 - Travis Kelce finished #27

Pick #8 was not on active roster at end of season and Yahoo does not retain that information.  I do not recall who it was. @ATX_sig had the pick.  Maybe he remembers.

Pick #9 - Bijan Robinson finished #5

Pick #10 - Stefan Diggs finished #46

Pick #11 - AJ Brown finished #10

Pick #12 - Tony Pollard finished #94

Based on these numbers, half of those selected in the 1st round did not finish the season with first round performances.  

Injuries whether to the player themselves or their qbs will do that. My guess is it was probably Chubb given the draft location…but hard to say. Same thing will happen this year…it’s hit or miss. First rd picks rarely win leagues as depth usually does that…but it can certainly put you in a hole that’s for sure. Hard to win a league without someone consistently scoring big…be interesting to see how those whose picks stayed healthy did in the standings.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Do we have an idea when we might schedule the league draft? Just wondering…won’t be much longer now….down to the final month.

@dgambill.  First and foremost, I believe I recall that you lived on the west coast of Florida.  I hope you and your family weathered the storm okay.

Secondly, I'm not showing that you have registered yet.  Could you double check and if need be reach out to @kdb to resend the link if you need it.

This is what I'm showing for Champions League right now.

image.png.c128f46afba0a979892ff1544dc20514.png

Finally, @KDB should be finalizing the draft date/time in the next few days.    

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

@dgambill.  First and foremost, I believe I recall that you lived on the west coast of Florida.  I hope you and your family weathered the storm okay.

Secondly, I'm not showing that you have registered yet.  Could you double check and if need be reach out to @kdb to resend the link if you need it.

This is what I'm showing for Champions League right now.

image.png.c128f46afba0a979892ff1544dc20514.png

Finally, @KDB should be finalizing the draft date/time in the next few days.    

My bad I missed the DM. I kept coming to this thread. Good to go! I live in SWFL so we were fortunate to miss this event. Just lots of rain. Prayers for all those that deal with these summer storms…Hurricanes or Tornados. 

• Like 1

If Brandon Aiyuk is traded, as expected, to the Browns or Patriots, it will impact not only his fantasy value, but also that of other 49ers players, that of other players on the team he is traded to, and quite possibly the player(s) he is traded for.

The key will be properly identifying who the actual winners and losers are.

• Like 1