HSN Fantasy Football 2024

This is a good problem I have in one of my bigger $ leagues but here it goes because I'm honestly confused on what to do.

I picked 8th and went Diggs, Pollard, Devonta Smith, Keenan Allen, Mike Evans with my first 5. Injury concerns allowed Jeudy to fall to the 7th, grabbed Jordan Addison in 9th. 

Anyway I added Puca Nacua after week 1 on waiver. I honestly don't know who to start. I mean I'm going to probably go Diggs, Devonta, and Keenan Allen. It's a full point ppr league....but I hate the thought of leaving  Evans, Jeudy, and Nacua on my bench.

I've offered Evans and Jeudy for Kelce and a throw away.

Just don't know who to start.

Good problem to have. I’d keep trying to move Evans since I think the Mayfield magic will end at some point. Plus he had more name and brand recognition in a trade. Kelce owners are like devoid of reason…I don’t think you will wrestle him away. They have a cult like following for him…plus now all the Swifties want him too…I’d address another area like rb depth or upgrade qb maybe? I don’t see how you can sit Diggs, Allen, Smith…at least you know you will stay strong during bye weeks and through any 1-2 game injuries.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

This is a good problem I have in one of my bigger $ leagues but here it goes because I'm honestly confused on what to do.

I picked 8th and went Diggs, Pollard, Devonta Smith, Keenan Allen, Mike Evans with my first 5. Injury concerns allowed Jeudy to fall to the 7th, grabbed Jordan Addison in 9th. 

Anyway I added Puca Nacua after week 1 on waiver. I honestly don't know who to start. I mean I'm going to probably go Diggs, Devonta, and Keenan Allen. It's a full point ppr league....but I hate the thought of leaving  Evans, Jeudy, and Nacua on my bench.

As things stand right now, Nacua has very little bust risk and a higher boom chance than some of those other guys.  It's crazy, but there are matchups where I start Nacua over Keenan Allen.  

Nacua has Cooper Kupp's target share with admittedly less TD potential than Kupp experienced with Stafford.  But sheer volume is a great hedge against slightly higher TD potential from others.

All that said, you should probably factor in my 0-4 combined record in HSN leagues before taking my advice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

As things stand right now, Nacua has very little bust risk and a higher boom chance than some of those other guys.  It's crazy, but there are matchups where I start Nacua over Keenan Allen.  

Nacua has Cooper Kupp's target share with admittedly less TD potential than Kupp experienced with Stafford.  But sheer volume is a great hedge against slightly higher TD potential from others.

All that said, you should probably factor in my 0-4 combined record in HSN leagues before taking my advice.

That's the thing. I'm really considering Nacua over Allen or Diggs honestly. Amazing but he's booked for 12 targets this weekend or I guess Monday and nobody ever heard of him 14 days ago.

Rams will be throwing a lot because they will be playing from behind. Think Stafford threw 55 times last week and is avg like 47 attempts a game. He may set a record this year. Not sure what happens when Kupp comes back but I wouldn’t trade him. I’d trade Evans while value is high.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

To finish a thought…that’s if you need to make a trade at all. Sometimes I think we do too much. Making a move for the sake of making moves doesn’t always work out. Might just be best to sit pat. The season is long and your depth now might be a blessing in a few weeks. I have tried to be more patient and let things play out….especially with teams that have good depth. Not just that it might help me in the long run if I have a rash of injuries but to see how desperate teams become to make a move for one of my guys. I had a good offer today but I passed it up…I don’t want to rush moving off a team that I liked so fast. I let him know it was a good offer and I was interested but not ready to make a move…in a couple weeks maybe sweetens it just a bit more if he gets desperate.

32 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

In my money league I have kelce and Mark Andrew's, who is my 14th round keeper from. Year ago.  

I'm pretty depleted with injuries and have a pretty bad team.  What would you guys give up to get a healthy Kelce?  I want future picks mostly.  

In a keeper league, not as much in a standard season long.  Maybe only 2 more seasons of true vintage Kelce. 

If you came to me looking for a trade and I felt Kelce could put me over the top, I would have most interest if I was flush at RB.  In that scenario, I would consider a package including one of my top 2 RBs (assuming i have a #3 ready to step in), and then an older, but still productive #3 or #4 receiver.

The RB referenced above would not include someone like Bijan or B. Hall, nor would the receiver be a younger player who could still break out.

An example of what I might consider:

Mixon or Jacobs with a receiver like M. Williams or C. Kirk.

Edit.  Forgot about your future picks qualifier.  That depends on how many keepers each team has.  If the draft pool will be thin, I'm not including anything above a 4th rounder.  If th here are fewer keepers, and a deeper draft pool, I would consider a 3rd.  At Kelce's age, I would not give a 1st or 2nd.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

In my money league I have kelce and Mark Andrew's, who is my 14th round keeper from. Year ago.  

I'm pretty depleted with injuries and have a pretty bad team.  What would you guys give up to get a healthy Kelce?  I want future picks mostly.  

There are a lot of Kelce lovers out there. I’d be shocked if it is just picks you want that you couldn’t get a one for him. While I think really good managers might not want to do it there are many that would. Also I’d start by offering it to one of the worst managers first in hopes of getting a high 1. Might not work but gotta dream big. Kelce is typically a first rd pick even in current keeper leagues. I think someone will give it. If not then I want a 2 and a prospect or player that I think will develop…like a Zay Flowers or maybe JSN etc. Get someone who isn’t producing consistently yet but should in the future. Not sure how your keeper is set up but dynasty that’s what I would do. There is always someone that wants Kelce…you can even open post that you want a first rd pick. I bet someone will make offer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I offered Mike Evans and Jerry Jeudy for Kelce. Given that Kelce finishes in top 5 every single year and how important he is because of the TE discrepancy I'd ask for a haul. Truth be told I'd add even more...but it's because Kelce absolutely completes my team and I have the depth to do it.

• Like 1

SMH.  Travelling for work this week and haven't paid as much attention to fantasy as usual.  I did check my lineups this morning to make sure I wasn't starting an injured Niner or Giant.  What I forgot to do was look at my defense and see that I had the Giant Defense in HSN2.  Dumb mistake.  .  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good luck to everyone this week. Can't wait to see what chaos Week 3 brings.

Weather may be a factor in some of the east coast games. That said, can't see sitting either Josh Allen or Lamar because of it. Their running may create more points than their passing this week.

And, sets up for a lousy week for Minshew and the Colts

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Weather may be a factor in some of the east coast games. That said, can't see sitting either Josh Allen or Lamar because of it. Their running may create more points than their passing this week.

And, sets up for a lousy week for Minshew and the Colts

Sounds to me like the Ophelia stuff will be mostly out of the way for games in Baltimore, DC,etc...but still something to keep an eye on for sure. Same with some front approaching Seattle. Carolina starting Dalton...Seattle DST should be a really good play along with Walker.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 2:44 PM, Seeking6 said:

Did I say don’t ever trade Keenan Allen?!! Yeah…don’t even think of it lol.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Did I say don’t ever trade Keenan Allen?!! Yeah…don’t even think of it lol.

Weird big week for some. Glad to have a few pieces. I'm winning by a large margin in a few leagues and absolutely getting destroyed in a couple. Raheem Mostert...what an 8th round pick. We'll see how it plays out this for sure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Weird big week for some. Glad to have a few pieces. I'm winning by a large margin in a few leagues and absolutely getting destroyed in a couple. Raheem Mostert...what an 8th round pick. We'll see how it plays out this for sure.

There are several offenses I try to get a part of in all my leagues. Dolphins, Chargers, Bills, Eagles…and in HSN I got just about shut out of all of them. It’s why this league is always so hard for me. I think we think a lot alike. Most leagues people target players more while I’m targeting specific offenses. Having a lot more success in those leagues than this one.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1