HSN Fantasy Football 2024

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Had to look it up. If Kelce misses tonight it will be the first time he's missed a game since 2013. He's only missed 3 games since. He was held out in two week 17 games and he missed one for Covid. 

Pretty darn impressive.

I'm at the point of hoping he does not play. I want him to rest it and get 100%.  I have backup plan in place.

Heard some discussion on the radio this morning about the risks of playing with swelling with possible fluid in the knee.  It makes the knee about 50% weaker which could lead to a more serious injury.

• Like 1

I own TJ Hockenson in a few leagues and I'd like to hear others opinion on this. Why is he projected so low on ESPN and Yahoo leagues? I mean he had 60 catches in final 9 games or so. Just feel like people are selling him short. I know they have Addison but even with Jefferson still the guy and loss of Cook/Thielen those targets have to go somewhere.

I'm expecting him to be top 3 this year when all said and done.

46 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I own TJ Hockenson in a few leagues and I'd like to hear others opinion on this. Why is he projected so low on ESPN and Yahoo leagues? I mean he had 60 catches in final 9 games or so. Just feel like people are selling him short. I know they have Addison but even with Jefferson still the guy and loss of Cook/Thielen those targets have to go somewhere.

I basically ignore yahoo scoring predictor. It’s never right…I’m sure espn probably is similar. I know Sleeper has him rated to score like 2.5 pts more this week then yahoo. Might be they have 1/2 ppr as the base scoring prediction I don’t really know. They didn’t make him the highest paid TE in history to not throw to him and with Thielen gone no doubt he gets more targets. I think they also run the ball less this year too. Minnesota defense is trash so I expect them to be playing from behind or at least in shootouts all year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I like Hockenson, second only to Kelce.  That said when I did mocks or best ball drafts and missed on Kelce, I usually waited waited for guys like Goedert, Engram, or Friermuth, who I thought were better value at their ADP.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If Kelce plays tonight it will be reduced snaps.  But, he WILL get a TD.  Enhances the image.

If he plays we have to play him. Just that simple but man I don't want the dude hurt long term.

In terms of the game as it relates to fantasy I'm curious to see how Gibbs is used with Monty....and which of the Chiefs WR's finally step. PS...Mahomes still gets 5TD's somehow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

If he plays we have to play him. Just that simple but man I don't want the dude hurt long term.

In terms of the game as it relates to fantasy I'm curious to see how Gibbs is used with Monty....and which of the Chiefs WR's finally step. PS...Mahomes still gets 5TD's somehow. 

So did you get Kelce in any of your drafts this week?  If so, was it a reduced price?

• Like 1

I feel like I could be one of those guys who waxes poetic about fantasy football on the internet. I didn’t play various Chiefs because Kelce was out. I haven’t bought into the David Montgomery conversation. Sam LaPorta would score me a cool 5 points.

Fantasy football isn’t that hard. Stay with what you know. Stay with the guys who have scored well in the past. Don’t try to get cute by “finding “ the guy that nobody else identified. 
It’s not really that hard 

16 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Non-HSN League - Terry McLaurin or Michael Thomas.  Obviously I have more draft capital in McLaurin, but the turf toe plus the game script in what could be a blowout against Arizona has me leaning Thomas.

Anyone have advice?

Tough one. Both are about the same....Thomas certainly has more to prove in his 3rd return but Bienemy probably wants to pour the points on this year. I honestly don't know the right one here. I'd lean Thomas purely for what you said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

First, I want to say I'm not calling you out @trc.  You're simply doing what Yahoo let you do.  But, this transaction should not have been allowed since Goff played Thursday night.  @KDBor @Indykev, or anyone else that has been a Commissioner in the past, is there a league setting that's not right?  Or, is this a Yahoo glitch?

image.png.d8b1e07229608f78c4587492e9bef8e3.png

Huh…yeah that’s a glitch…never seen them let that happen.