HSN Fantasy Football 2024

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Too early to make a move on Jared Goff?  Looking for a solid backup and not sure if Justin Fields is it.  

Depends on when you play me.  :coffee:

Seriously, I think Goff has something really special going on with St. Brown.  The Lions are going to score points this year.  I say go for it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Depends on when you play me.  :coffee:

Seriously, I think Goff has something really special going on with St. Brown.  The Lions are going to score points this year.  I say go for it.

And Jameson Williams should be back in a month or so. If your starting QBs bye week is in mid-November or later, bye could be a phenomenal fill in with Sun God, Williams, Hockenson, and Swift all to throw to. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

My starters bye is Nov 13th. So that would work out perfectly.

I'd probably snag Goff then. A lot of folks think Williams is the most talented rookie WR and we are already seeing guys like London, Wilson, and Olave have early impacts. Combine him with those other Detroit options.... that's a lot of weapons for Goff. 

• Like 1

Two comments.

1) Browns D had to be one of the favorites for early season streaming. Carolina, Jets, short week Steelers. Well they suck.

2) I need another month or so but this might be the first time in a decade where the strategy of not drafting RB's early finally backfires. So many WR's in the league anymore maybe it's wise to get RB's early again? Time will tell. 

Buddy brought it up last night and he knows I don't draft RB's early. I said yep...I got Dobbins, Mitchell, Edmonds in rounds 5 or later their just hurt or not being used. He countered with yep but I got Brown, Samuel,etc...in rounds 5 or later. No clue which is the best way.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Two comments.

1) Browns D had to be one of the favorites for early season streaming. Carolina, Jets, short week Steelers. Well they suck.

2) I need another month or so but this might be the first time in a decade where the strategy of not drafting RB's early finally backfires. So many WR's in the league anymore maybe it's wise to get RB's early again? Time will tell. 

Buddy brought it up last night and he knows I don't draft RB's early. I said yep...I got Dobbins, Mitchell, Edmonds in rounds 5 or later their just hurt or not being used. He countered with yep but I got Brown, Samuel,etc...in rounds 5 or later. No clue which is the best way.

I drafted the Browns in both HSN leagues with the intent of playing them the first 4 weeks.  Thay aren't going to be in my lineups four the 4th week.  

On 9/21/2022 at 3:33 PM, Seeking6 said:

I'm paying for my anti RB draft strategy so far this year....waiting on Dobbins to join the fray and injury to Mitchell has me in a bit of trouble. I hate Thursday night fantasy plays so with that said....for RB2 would you go Hunt tomorrow night or Gordon on Sunday? This is a league I'm 0-2 in and desperately need a W. 

Make a trade with someone and then cut all the players listed. ha.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Two comments.

I usually go rbs first because there are more viable options at wr.  Usually will be more wr in free agency too when someone does better than expected 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I usually go rbs first because there are more viable options at wr.  Usually will be more wr in free agency too when someone does better than expected 

There are definitely a lot more WR that can get you 10-12 points in a given week.  However, league winners are normally the players that are capable of scoring 35+.  

As a result, I'm not going to pass on a WR like Kupp, Jefferson, or Chase in the first round to grab a RB that gives a consistent 15 but never tops 25.

WRs are also much more likely to play 17 games as well.

• Like 2

For the Herbert owners out there. Definitely have a plan B this weekend. If he doesn't go...Williams and Chargers WR's all take a hit. Ekeler gets a bump up.

Messy situations in Raiders/Cardinals backfields. Could be a cheap option out there in Bolden/White/Williams/Benjamin....if Jacobs or Conner doesn't go. 

Good luck to all this weekend! 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For the Herbert owners out there. Definitely have a plan B this weekend. If he doesn't go...Williams and Chargers WR's all take a hit. Ekeler gets a bump up.

Messy situations in Raiders/Cardinals backfields. Could be a cheap option out there in Bolden/White/Williams/Benjamin....if Jacobs or Conner doesn't go. 

I would love to see a full workload for Benjamin, just to see what he can do.

• Like 1

Just now, Indykev said:

I would love to see a full workload for Benjamin, just to see what he can do.

Trust me. Trying to decide who to pick up. Bolden seems the better play for Raiders vs Titans Rush D. I also like Benjamin as well but Williams got the bulk last week after Conner went out. Tough call....but cheap options out there on Fanduel for those wanting to stack expensive players this weekend in Bills/Dolphins, Vikings/Lions,etc...

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Did you see the injury report for the TB and GB game, I think 7 WR's combined are on the injury list

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Did you see the injury report for the TB and GB game, I think 7 WR's combined are on the injury list

Yep! I think Gage will be the main guy in Tampa but who knows anymore. I don't think the NFL was expecting this to be Brady/Rodgers and literally nobody else when they made this the game of the week. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep! I think Gage will be the main guy in Tampa but who knows anymore. I don't think the NFL was expecting this to be Brady/Rodgers and literally nobody else when they made this the game of the week. 

I saw that it didn't take Julio Jones to get injured. A lot of Colts fans were hoping the Colts would sign him.

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Trust me. Trying to decide who to pick up. Bolden seems the better play for Raiders vs Titans Rush D. I also like Benjamin as well but Williams got the bulk last week after Conner went out. Tough call....but cheap options out there on Fanduel for those wanting to stack expensive players this weekend in Bills/Dolphins, Vikings/Lions,etc...

Bolden is the way to go then Williams, I agree.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure it will be Gage. 2 great QB's and no one to throw too.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 1