HSN Fantasy Football 2024

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Lazard downgraded to Doubtful after not practicing again today.  

So just was talking about this with a buddy. So either Aaron Jones is going to get 20 targets....or he and Dillon will. I know everyone talked about Doubs but wouldn't surprise me if Cobb gets some action. I'm thinking about adding him in one PPR league just haven't pulled the trigger yet. 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So just was talking about this with a buddy. So either Aaron Jones is going to get 20 targets....or he and Dillon will. I know everyone talked about Doubs but wouldn't surprise me if Cobb gets some action. I'm thinking about adding him in one PPR league just haven't pulled the trigger yet. 

Jones will score huge imo. Don’t be surprised if Sammy Watkins leads them in targets. He always fades as season goes along with injuries but if Lazard is out I’d stay away from all the receivers and focus on the two backs…think Rodgers will spread it around but mostly they will run and check down a lot.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 4:46 PM, Seeking6 said:

And for those who have exposure to the Ravens RB situation. We'll see what happens but Lamar Jackson just did an interview and was asked about JK Robbins....he said he's looking good and hopefully he'll be out there in a couple of weeks.

My guess is Harbaugh didn't want that out there. Drake/Davis....plan B time for week 1. 

Danger…Danger…JK Robbins…(robot voice) I think we have all heard enough to know this guy is not bouncing back quickly. This backfield will be a mess all season. Guy tore like every ligament in that knee. This isn’t a simple clean up like Goodwin. Looking good is cover for he ain’t ready.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Indykev said:

LOL. Dude I sent so many out i dont even remember what it was. But you counter with a guy that has a hernia and is out. So for real homie all you want....LMAO. By the way my first offer is usually a feeler. Dgambill and i went back and fourth 3 or 4 times before we hit on something.

Don’t drag me into this lol. I know I gave up too much but I needed a starting receiver I could count on and willing to give up two good players. I really like both those guys but knew I had to pay the premium.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Danger…Danger…JK Robbins…(robot voice) I think we have all heard enough to know this guy is not bouncing back quickly. This backfield will be a mess all season. Guy tore like every ligament in that knee. This isn’t a simple clean up like Goodwin. Looking good is cover for he ain’t ready.

Heard on the radio yesterday that someone compared it to Derrick Rose's knee injury.  And, it took Rose like 2.5 years to recover to a serviceable level on the court.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

@5fouls you still need a kicker in one league. Just trying to help. 🙂

Yeah.  I'm waiting for Lazard to be ruled out so I can move him to IR and not be forced to drop anyone.  Really want to see how a couple of the bench guys look this week before I have to make a roster decision, so Lazard being out would be a good thing.   

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  I'm waiting for Lazard to be ruled out so I can move him to IR and not be forced to drop anyone.  Really want to see how a couple of the bench guys look this week before I have to make a roster decision, so Lazard being out would be a good thing.   

Why not just cut Lazard lol…just kidding…although I don’t get a good vibe from him at all this year.

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Heard on the radio yesterday that someone compared it to Derrick Rose's knee injury.  And, it took Rose like 2.5 years to recover to a serviceable level on the court.  

Sounds about right….although Rose has never really recovered and his game was much much more predicated on his athleticism and ability to take contact at the rim. I think people would be lucky to get anything from Dobbins until at least after the bye week but honestly it’s more than just the injury…something about him just screams headcase and I just don’t think he will ever be a great back in the nfl. Not sure he has really committed to his recovery.

• Like 1

I don’t want to give away too much because I really really like this player but there is a waiver guy that I’m keeping a close close eye on. Drafted him up in all my Dynasty leagues and he had a killer preseason. I think he is going to make a major impact so I don’t know how long I will hold off adding him. Going to be ticked at myself if he gets scooped up. 

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

I don’t want to give away too much because I really really like this player but there is a waiver guy that I’m keeping a close close eye on. Drafted him up in all my Dynasty leagues and he had a killer preseason. I think he is going to make a major impact so I don’t know how long I will hold off adding him. Going to be ticked at myself if he gets scooped up. 

Not sure if were talking about same guy but heads for all. This article explains the vested veteran loophole and while on Tuesday you might see a ton of moves. I've said it on here before so hopefully not messing anyone's plans up but how Will Fuller isn't on a team......beyond me. I wanted my Bears to get him.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/explaining-the-nfl-vested-veteran-week-1-rule-how-it-could-impact-free-agents/

• Like 1

Okay.  Looking for some advice.  The ESPN league I am in is a 2 QB league.  Lamar is my QB#1, so that is a no brainer every week except when the Ravens are on bye.  Trevor Lawrence is my #2 based on ranking and when I picked him.  Unfortunately, the weather in Washington DC tomorrow is supposed to be pretty nasty.  My 3rd QB is Davis Mills, who is not exactly exciting.  Do I roll with Lawrence despite the weather?  Or, is there any chance I get 270 yards, a couple of TDs, and no INTs from Mills against the Colts? 

On a side note, I'm starting the day in a little bit of a hole anyway, because my opponent had Kupp.  

What say you guys?

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Okay.  Looking for some advice.  The ESPN league I am in is a 2 QB league.  Lamar is my QB#1, so that is a no brainer every week except when the Ravens are on bye.  Trevor Lawrence is my #2 based on ranking and when I picked him.  Unfortunately, the weather in Washington DC tomorrow is supposed to be pretty nasty.  My 3rd QB is Davis Mills, who is not exactly exciting.  Do I roll with Lawrence despite the weather?  Or, is there any chance I get 270 yards, a couple of TDs, and no INTs from Mills against the Colts? 

On a side note, I'm starting the day in a little bit of a hole anyway, because my opponent had Kupp.  

What say you guys?

Safe mode would be Mills. @ 250 2tds probably 1 pick. Trevor could be boom or bust. Mills was better than Trevor last year…and I thought he finished the year nice. Problem is Lovie is ultra conservative and he basically had his two worst games against us last year. I would say if you predict to be down big and need the points Lawrence has more upside especially with his legs too. Can’t say I like either qb but you have what you have.

Edited by dgambill

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

What say you guys?

I'm a TL believer in fantasy again.....but the weather is going to impact about 5 games tomorrow. I'd go with Mills in garbage time. At least I hope so as a multiple Cooks owner.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm a TL believer in fantasy again.....but the weather is going to impact about 5 games tomorrow. I'd go with Mills in garbage time. At least I hope so as a multiple Cooks owner.

Yeah.  I think Lawrence will be decent this year.  I just can't help but think last season was about 90% Urban Meyer.

But, Mills makes sense with teh weather being what it is.  I have Cooks on one of my teams as well.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The weather in Chicago today looks like it's going to be ridiculous.  Leaning Kareem Hunt as a flex play over Darnel Mooney.  

Only guy I'm touching in that game is Eli and with Kittle out....that hurts him more than others. Lots of game impacted by rain today actually.

Good luck to all this week in our league and others! I'm already accepting defeat in a couple of leagues. Ran into some Allen/Diggs, Allen Kupp combos and single plays while Stafford/Arob crapped the bed. Oh well. There's always Fanduel.

10 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Really rough Week 1 for me - my only win is going to come in the HSN league (my only free league) and I lost half of my 16 entries in a Survivor Pool that has a very large pot because of the Colts and Titans. 

We're in 5 Survivor leagues. Now only 2 thanks to Colts, Bengals, and Titans. Rough week on many fronts.

• Like 1