HSN Fantasy Football 2024

27 minutes ago, Indykev said:

There will be a break out back but it will be Cook before the year is out.

I don’t think there will be there. I actually think when it’s all said and done…Moss might even be split it 3 ways when it comes to points because I think he will get goal line and short yardage. I don’t see Cook taking over but that’s just me. I think a guy to watch is Rashaan White in Tampa. Fournette I don’t think will stay healthy and White can catch and run the ball.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

I don’t think there will be there. I actually think when it’s all said and done…Moss might even be split it 3 ways when it comes to points because I think he will get goal line and short yardage. I don’t see Cook taking over but that’s just me. I think a guy to watch is Rashaan White in Tampa. Fournette I don’t think will stay healthy and White can catch and run the ball.

I like Vaugh in Tampa, too. Whichever of those two emerges as the backup has a lot of upside when Fournette inevitably misses games. 

• Like 2

Just now, KoB2011 said:

He's elite between the 20s! 

Well…I’ve had shares of him before but with Hurts the main guy and him not getting goal line Carries his ceiling is pretty capped. Even when he is in on the goal line Hurts often even steals tds from him lol. With Brown there this year and him having a bromance with Hurts I think the passing game takes a step up and makes the run not quite as important…run game only took off last year when Eagles abandoned the pass in the second half of the season. Think they will be more balanced this year.

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I like Vaugh in Tampa, too. Whichever of those two emerges as the backup has a lot of upside when Fournette inevitably misses games. 

I think Vaughn may get early chances but White has said to look good in the passing game…and we all know Brady loves his pass catching running backs. If anything happens to fournette (and I think given his injury history there is a good chance) while Vaughn could see early down duty I think White would see 3rd down, hurry up, and 2 min offense.

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

42 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think Vaughn may get early chances but White has said to look good in the passing game…and we all know Brady loves his pass catching running backs. If anything happens to fournette (and I think given his injury history there is a good chance) while Vaughn could see early down duty I think White would see 3rd down, hurry up, and 2 min offense.

Fournette is going to be a Top 5 RB this season.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Fournette is going to be a Top 5 RB this season.  

If he is healthy…yeah possibly…I don’t like that he came in camp way overweight and his history says last year was an outlier as far as his health being able to play a full season. Rbs produce in Brady systems for sure and he can run and catch. Obviously his value is highly tied to PPR leagues and Brady. That said the OL has significantly down graded. I just get that feeling that he got paid and now his motivation might waiver. We will see if he has that same vigor this year. I got the feeling toward the end of the year last year he lost his pep…started having hamstring issues and petered out. I really feel they will work hard not to overwork him this year and save him for playoffs. His workload won’t  be nearly as dominant.

Edited by dgambill

My ESPN league drafts tonight.  2 QB and IDP league.  26 man roster (16 starters).  My first time playing IDP so I'm interested in seeing how the draft goes.  Will most strategies for IDP be the same, or will it be all over the place?  The 2 QB significantly changes the draft by itself.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

My ESPN league drafts tonight.  2 QB and IDP league.  26 man roster (16 starters).  My first time playing IDP so I'm interested in seeing how the draft goes.  Will most strategies for IDP be the same, or will it be all over the place?  The 2 QB significantly changes the draft by itself.  

Picking out of the 6th hole (10 teams), I got.....

First Round - Jefferson

Second Round - McCaffery

Third Round - Kelce

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not even a CMC fan but that's unreal for the first 26...Kelce that late? 

It's a 2 QB league.  I did about 20 mocks over the last month in prep for this draft, and Kelce was ALWAYS off the board before 26.  McCaffery never fell out of the first round either.  And, that was with a minimum of 5-6 QBs going in the first two rounds.  Tonight, there was only ONE QB off the board by pick 26 (Josh Allen).  And Kelce still fell to me at 26.  I was going to take him in the 2nd round at 15 until McCaffrey was there.  I got Lamar in round 4, and he always went at the 1st round 2nd round turn in every mock I did.

To protect myself against the inevitable McCaffrey injury, I loaded up with depth at RB while everyone else started focusing on WRs and IDP.  26-man roster so by focusing on RB depth, I ended up with 7 backs:   McCaffrey, Montgomery, Edmonds, Pollard, Singleterry, Stevenson, and Henderson.   Other teams that lost focus on RBs ended up with only 3 on their roster.  The price will be steep when people come to me looking for a RB.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's a 2 QB league.  I did about 20 mocks over the last month in prep for this draft, and Kelce was ALWAYS off the board before 26.  McCaffery never fell out of the first round either.  And, that was with a minimum of 5-6 QBs going in the first two rounds.  Tonight, there was only ONE QB off the board by pick 26 (Josh Allen).  And Kelce still fell to me at 26.  I was going to take him in the 2nd round at 15 until McCaffrey was there.  I got Lamar in round 4, and he always went at the 1st round 2nd round turn in every mock I did.

To protect myself against the inevitable McCaffrey injury, I loaded up with depth at RB while everyone else started focusing on WRs and IDP.  26-man roster so by focusing on RB depth, I ended up with 7 backs:   McCaffrey, Montgomery, Edmonds, Pollard, Singleterry, Stevenson, and Henderson.   Other teams that lost focus on RBs ended up with only 3 on their roster.  The price will be steep when people come to me looking for a RB.

What only 1 qb in 2 qb league…that’s unheard of. What were they thinking. A top qb will score 100 more pts than the top position players if not more…that’s 8-10 pts a game. That’s insane none went earlier?!

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No offense to anyone in that league but Lamar in rd 4 in a two qb league is just dumb luck…you are going to clean up because that league is full of idiots.

I tried some mocks where I waited until the 4th round, but would usually end up with R. Wilson, Brady, Stafford, or Rodgers as my #1.  And in none of those did I come close to getting the Jefferson, McCaffrey, Kelce trifecta.  If McCaffrey stays healthy, I really like my chances.  ESPN's initial projection has me finishing 2nd. 

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Your straight man…although I think Mills is your #2. I just can’t believe qbs didn’t go off the board. Never seen that happen in a premium league.

Lawrence will be much better this season.  The Urban Meyer fiasco had a major effect on him.  He has a real coach now and he has some weapons.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Lawrence will be much better this season.  The Urban Meyer fiasco had a major effect on him.  He has a real coach now and he has some weapons.  

And Christian Kirk is a steal after round 8-9 in PPR leagues where he's been going. 

On another note for those who already have drafted. Double check your league rules/settings for IR guys. Most because of Covid added 1-2 IR spots and haven't changed them. Go add guys like Gus Edwards or any back who might start on IR but will be one play away from a prominent role. 

I added Brian Robinson in one league this morning because news is coming out that it sounds like he's only going to miss a month. Will be good to go by week 5 or so. 

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not the most technical guy in the world so apologies in advance. I have 3 drafts on Tuesday night all overlapping. All on ESPN. If I have 3 separate Chrome windows open...I can go back and forth without any problems right? 

Just making sure.

You should be okay.  Check in advance to see if you can have all 3 leagues open at the same time and navigate around.  If you can navigate 'differently' in each of the windows while all are open, you should be able to draft in all 3.

• Like 1

For those who are still drafting. Chris Godwin took the brace off this week. Great sign and moving up ADP. Two other guys I'm really liking for later WR's is Renfrow and Kirk. 

If you like to secure your RB's, QB, and TE early.....these 3 guys should be around late 5th until 8th/9th. All 3 are target machines in PPR leagues. 

• Like 2