HSN Fantasy Football 2024

bench consists of ---- CMC, McBride, Wandale, Jamaal Williams (I have Kamara), Waddle, Moss, Jameson Williams, Bucky Irving, and Taysom Hill..... 

This is my money league team... I really like the way my team looks right now. We are only allowed 6 RBs... 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Derrick Henry did me dirty this week in 3 leagues....and of course in 2 of those leagues I barely get beat while I started Cam Akers over Kenneth Walker because I didn't think he would be completely healthy.

Rough week!

My wife did the same thing with Akers over Walker!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

bench consists of ---- CMC, McBride, Wandale, Jamaal Williams (I have Kamara), Waddle, Moss, Jameson Williams, Bucky Irving, and Taysom Hill..... 

This is my money league team... I really like the way my team looks right now. We are only allowed 6 RBs... 

My wife did the same thing with Akers over Walker!! 

Mine did as well. After two weeks....Cam Akers and his opportunities are hitting the drop mode in all leagues. I don't care if Houston comes out and says we are planning to run Akers 50x this week.....he's dead to me. 

Injuries are brutal. Guess we just have to figure it out! 

• Like 1

Champions League Week 4 Recap

Winners: @KDB, @BeerBQ; @PAHoosier; @trc; @dgambill; and @ephul.  The league has 2 clear leaders, 9 other teams with playoff aspirations, and 1 sad, pathetic doormat that's making the White Sox look good.  

In our featured game of the Week, @BeerBQ won a thriller by the slimmest of margins over @Seeking6@BeerBQ won riding on the massive back of Derrick Henry, whose monster game more than made up for the early game loss of Anthony Richardson and a no surprise dud of a game from TeElijah Higgins.  @Seeking6 is left to wonder where he could have scraped up .55 more points.  He couldn't ask anything more of J. Mason, who keeps rolling along, or CJ Stroud, who put up big numbers against the hapless Jaguars.  Maybe if Cam Akers could have just rushed for 6 more yards..... 

image.png.3f671b6f1111c71b39afaa649218d78d.png

• Like 1

HSN Twosday Week 4 Recap

Winners:  @5fouls; @HoosierDPU95; @btownqb; @Parakeet Jones; @WRSMick55, and @rico.  Unlike the Champions League, where seemingly everyone is 2-2, the standings are a little more spread out in HSN2.  That said, nobody is out of it, which is all you can ask for after 4 games.  

In our featured matchup, @btownqb continues to face opponents that, for whatever reason, continue to have sub-100 point weeks.  When asked how he's managed to start 4-0, @btownqb replied "It's pretty simple.  I win.  Google me."  This week he won, in part, with a huge game from Nico Collins.  And, he also showed @Seeking6 that you can, in fact, win with Cam Akers in your lineup.  Meanwhile, @mrflynn03 is left wondering why his Quarterback, CJ Stroud, kept throwing it to his opponent's Wide Receiver (Nico Collins).  Speaking of Wide Receivers, @mrflynn03 got a zero burger from DeVonta Smith, due in a large extent because Smith did not play.   

image.png.08321e9a4d083624ebdf55a3cce89bda.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

HSN Twosday Week 4 Recap

Winners:  @5fouls; @HoosierDPU95; @btownqb; @Parakeet Jones; @WRSMick55, and @rico.  Unlike the Champions League, where seemingly everyone is 2-2, the standings are a little more spread out in HSN2.  That said, nobody is out of it, which is all you can ask for after 4 games.  

In our featured matchup, @btownqb continues to face opponents that, for whatever reason, continue to have sub-100 point weeks.  When asked how he's managed to start 4-0, @btownqb replied "It's pretty simple.  I win.  Google me."  This week he won, in part, with a huge game from Nico Collins.  And, he also showed @Seeking6 that you can, in fact, win with Cam Akers in your lineup.  Meanwhile, @mrflynn03 is left wondering why his Quarterback, CJ Stroud, kept throwing it to his opponent's Wide Receiver (Nico Collins).  Speaking of Wide Receivers, @mrflynn03 got a zero burger from DeVonta Smith, due in a large extent because Smith did not play.   

image.png.08321e9a4d083624ebdf55a3cce89bda.png

For sure lucked out on guys not scoring on me.... 

I am 2nd by 30 points scored compared to 3rd and 55 points ahead of 4th place. 

• Like 1

@5fouls

@Seeking6

I want your opinion... 

Non ppr, 12 team league... 

image.png.ae91f7e196069b156432a3a3ee91a208.png

There is the starting unit currently... and below is the bench

image.png.9e8e25b9d042470ecb3f70afdc0fb47e.png

.... today a guy dropped Tank Dell. I want Tank Dell. IMO--- that's a NICE safety net for Nico. I think if Nico goes down, Tank Dell is a very solid plug and play..... 

who should I drop? 

Waddle, WanDale, Tysom, Jamaal are the obvious 4 candidates ..... all 4 have drawbacks, obviously. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

@5fouls

@Seeking6

I want your opinion... 

.... today a guy dropped Tank Dell. I want Tank Dell. IMO--- that's a NICE safety net for Nico. I think if Nico goes down, Tank Dell is a very solid plug and play..... 

who should I drop? 

Waddle, WanDale, Tysom, Jamaal are the obvious 4 candidates ..... all 4 have drawbacks, obviously. 

Jamaal.  

You're going to want to start Bucky Irving anway if Kamara goes down.  And, Taysom is already vulturing TDs from Kamara.  Might be worse if Jamaal was the back.  

Waddle would be my second choice.  His value is diminished in non-PPR and destroyed by the QB situation. But, if Tua comes back, Waddle has value.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Jamaal.  

You're going to want to start Bucky Irving anway if Kamara goes down.  And, Taysom is already vulturing TDs from Kamara.  Might be worse if Jamaal was the back.  

Waddle would be my second choice.  His value is diminished in non-PPR and destroyed by the QB situation. But, if Tua comes back, Waddle has value.  

I agree, drop Jamaal

• Like 3

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

@5fouls

@Seeking6

I want your opinion... 

who should I drop? 

Honestly what a team. Only people I would drop would probably be Jamaal. The rest you have to keep....I mean MAYBE Bucky if you get in a pinch or if Moss continues to lose carries to Chase but only one on there would be Jamaal for the time being.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Jamaal.  

Thought Jamaal as well.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Honestly what a team. Only people I would drop would probably be Jamaal. The rest you have to keep....I mean MAYBE Bucky if you get in a pinch or if Moss continues to lose carries to Chase but only one on there would be Jamaal for the time being.

I really like this team, at least at this juncture. 

Do you agree, I should make adding Tank Dell a priority? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I really like this team, at least at this juncture. 

Do you agree, I should make adding Tank Dell a priority? 

I'm indifferent on Tank Dell. To me it becomes a question of is the handcuff you have with Kamara more valuable vs handcuff of Tank if something happens to Nico or even Diggs. Even when healthy Dell is the 3rd option there and pretty TD dependent. 

Both have value for sure. Shoot I started handcuffing the handcuff in 2 of my leagues...i.e. 49ers RB position. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm indifferent on Tank Dell. To me it becomes a question of is the handcuff you have with Kamara more valuable vs handcuff of Tank if something happens to Nico or even Diggs. Even when healthy Dell is the 3rd option there and pretty TD dependent. 

Both have value for sure. Shoot I started handcuffing the handcuff in 2 of my leagues...i.e. 49ers RB position. 

I am trying to find a way to add Guerendo too. lol

I just don't think I'm finding a better option than Tank Dell with 10-12 targets, which is a guess, but if Nico is OUT... I do think he would be featured/I don't love the other WRs options. 

Again... non ppr, so WanDale doesn't have the top end appeal. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

I am trying to find a way to add Guerendo too. lol

I just don't think I'm finding a better option than Tank Dell with 10-12 targets, which is a guess, but if Nico is OUT... I do think he would be featured/I don't love the other WRs options. 

Again... non ppr, so WanDale doesn't have the top end appeal. 

We're not going to see the touchdown frenzy from Williams in New Orleans that we saw in Detroit.  Taysom Hill prevents that.  Dell may not be a red zone threat, even with Nico out,  But, he will some get big play opportunities that are going to Nico right now.   New Orleans needs a TD run inside the 3?  It's going to Hill.  Houston wants to stretch the field and Nico's out?  Dell is the next best option for that.  

• Like 1

Week 5 Featured Matchups

Champions League@ATX_sig (1-3) versus @ephul (2-2).  @ATX_sig is riding a 3 game losing streak after disposing of @5fouls (who hasn't) in Week1.  He has some solid pieces, including having a luxury with two very playable Tight Ends (Bowers and Goedert).  He has an alpha receiver in Jefferson, but his receiver core has taken a hit with Waddle suffering from anemic QB play since Tua went down.  Meanwhile @ephul is riding a 2 game win streak after starting out 0-2.  Over the course of the season so far, his team has scored mere 1.08 more points than has been scored against him.  He also has taken a hit from the Tua injury as T. Hill was his first round pick.  He's had to juggle his lineup a bit to accommodate minor injuries from Deebo Samuel and Kenneth Walker, but he's received solid production from James Conner and Chris Olave.

HSN 2.0:  Normally, this would be a great opportunity to feature a matchup between two undefeated teams. But, @btownqb and @Parakeet Jones have both recently been featured.  So, instead we'll take a look at the matchup between the teams in 3rd and 4th place as @WRSMick55 (3-1) takes on @rico (2-2).  @WRSMick55 has been on a roll since only scoring 61.86 points in Week 1.  Since then, his core group of players (M. Harrison, D. Metcalf, J. Taylor, and J. Mason) have propelled him to 3rd place in the standings with the 3rd highest scoring team.  @rico, will always be remembered for starting 0-5 and then ripping off 9 straight victories to make the playoffs in the very first season of HSN Fantasy Football.  This year's team has won 2 in a row after starting 0-2.  Malik Nabers and Derrick Henry.  Enough said.  @rico did suffer a setback however, with the loss of R. Rice over this past weekend. 

Edited by 5fouls