HSN Fantasy Football 2024

Week 3 Featured Matchups

Champions League:

@PAHoosier (2-0) vs @trc (1-1):  I'm featuring this game so I can mock @PAHoosier when he loses after he obliterated me by over 70 points last week.  I am actually rooting for him to get big games from Joe Burrow and Zack Moss.  Otherwise, I hope Tyler Bass is his next leading scorer with 3 extra point kicks.  Achane is primed for a bad case of jet lag. Nabers is going to hit the rookie wall after two weeks.  And, Ridley me this.  Does Calvin have Mahomes, Burrow, or Stroud throwing him the ball?  No, no he does not.

@trc I'm rooting for you buddy.  And, make it big.  70, 80, even 90 points.  Or, what might be even better is if you are trailing by .8 points on Monday night and Mike Gesicki (who you need to play) catches a touchdown pass from Joe Burrow as time runs out.  Sure, Burrow gets something for the TD and the yards, but you get the TD, yards, AND the 1 point for the catch from Gesicki.  Winning like that would be absolutely righteous. 

HSN-DOS:

@5fouls (0-2) vs @Parakeet Jones (2-0):  I was trying to avoid publicly acknowledging that I am 0-2 (a combined 0-4 in the HSN leagues).  But, it was the only game with 2 participants who had not yet been in a featured game (Kev was featured in Champions league).  So, yes, if you didn't already know, my team is a flaming pile of crap.  My #1 pick, Ja'Marr Chase has been outscored this season by the likes of Allen Lazard, Wan'Dale Robinson, Darnell Mooney, and teammate Andrei Iosivas.  I left Isaiah Likely on my bench when he scored 4,000 points Week 1 and started him in Week 2 when he scored 4.6.  Waddle no longer has Tua to get him the ball and Pittman must have kicked Richardson's dog or something during preseason.  A complete dumpster fire.

Meanwhile, my opponent, @Parakeet Jones is a former HSN Fantasy Champion who is off to a perfect start.  In part, because he's played two opponents that have a combined total of 199.72, which is an average of less than 100.  Oh, and he's scored 322 himself, far and away the most in the league.  And he's got 4 billion Swifties behind him because he has Kelce on his team.  I'm about to get my ass kicked. 

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/31/2024 at 6:58 PM, 5fouls said:

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Week 3 Featured Matchups

Champions League:

@PAHoosier (2-0) vs @trc (1-1):  I'm featuring this game so I can mock @PAHoosier when he loses after he obliterated me by over 70 points last week.  I am actually rooting for him to get big games from Joe Burrow and Zack Moss.  Otherwise, I hope Tyler Bass is his next leading scorer with 3 extra point kicks.  Achane is primed for a bad case of jet lag. Nabers is going to hit the rookie wall after two weeks.  And, Ridley me this.  Does Calvin have Mahomes, Burrow, or Stroud throwing him the ball?  No, no he does not.

@trc I'm rooting for you buddy.  And, make it big.  70, 80, even 90 points.  Or, what might be even better is if you are trailing by .8 points on Monday night and Mike Gesicki (who you need to play) catches a touchdown pass from Joe Burrow as time runs out.  Sure, Burrow gets something for the TD and the yards, but you get the TD, yards, AND the 1 point for the catch from Gesicki.  Winning like that would be absolutely righteous. 

HSN-DOS:

@5fouls (0-2) vs @Parakeet Jones (2-0):  I was trying to avoid publicly acknowledging that I am 0-2 (a combined 0-4 in the HSN leagues).  But, it was the only game with 2 participants who had not yet been in a featured game (Kev was featured in Champions league).  So, yes, if you didn't already know, my team is a flaming pile of crap.  My #1 pick, Ja'Marr Chase has been outscored this season by the likes of Allen Lazard, Wan'Dale Robinson, Darnell Mooney, and teammate Andrei Iosivas.  I left Isaiah Likely on my bench when he scored 4,000 points Week 1 and started him in Week 2 when he scored 4.6.  Waddle no longer has Tua to get him the ball and Pittman must have kicked Richardson's dog or something during preseason.  A complete dumpster fire.

Meanwhile, my opponent, @Parakeet Jones is a former HSN Fantasy Champion who is off to a perfect start.  In part, because he's played two opponents that have a combined total of 199.72, which is an average of less than 100.  Oh, and he's scored 322 himself, far and away the most in the league.  And he's got 4 billion Swifties behind him because he has Kelce on his team.  I'm about to get my ass kicked. 

I am still annoyed with myself for dropping Hunter Henry for Dalton Schultz on Sunday morning. My starting lineup (aside from kicker and defense) would have put up 20pts+ each. Good luck all, looking forward to seeing how my team performs throughout the season. I won the HSN-DOS league last year....looking forward to winning the Champions league this year

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PAHoosier said:

I am still annoyed with myself for dropping Hunter Henry for Dalton Schultz on Sunday morning. My starting lineup (aside from kicker and defense) would have put up 20pts+ each. Good luck all, looking forward to seeing how my team performs throughout the season. I won the HSN-DOS league last year....looking forward to winning the Champions league this year

Hunter Henry was a proud Free Agent pickup yesterday of 5fouls.  Rest assured he will catch one ball for-2 yards tonight and fumble.

P.S. - Your team is strong.  Not looking forward to having to face you again in Week 13.