HSN Fantasy Football 2024

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I drafted Mason in as many leagues as I could. Not a surprise at all on CMC. 

I hope he has a big game.  Deebo could beat me in one league and Jake Moody could get me in another.  The more mason does, the less they do.

In yet another league, I need 8 points from Breece Hall.  3 of my 4 leagues will be decided tonight.    

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I hope he has a big game.  Deebo could beat me in one league and Jake Moody could get me in another.  The more mason does, the less they do.

In yet another league, I need 8 points from Breece Hall.  3 of my 4 leagues will be decided tonight.    

In as many leagues as I'm in I'm in a very unfamiliar position tonight. All have won. I'm just sitting back and figuring out Fanduel and MNF squares. Haha.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

They were decided when you drafted. :coffee:

I have a goal of providing weekly summaries of both HSN leagues so that everyone can see what's going on in the other league.

Champions League

Winners:  @ATX_sig, @KDB, @Indykev, @PAHoosier, @B_A, and @Seeking6

In the week's featured matchup between @Seeking6 and @dgambill, Seeking6 rode big games from Cooper Kupp and the Bears defense to overcome sub-par performances from Raheem Mostert and Travis Kelce.  Dgambill really wishes he had started Jameson Williams instead of Drake London.

image.png.b52ad14637f1bd671ae146de370f59ff.png

• Like 3

HSN2 Weekly Recap

Winners: @02Hoosier, @Indykev; @btownqb; @mrflynn03; @Parakeet Jones. and @Sagamore

In the featured matchup of the week, Sagamore overcame the big fat 0.00 contributed by Christian McCaffrey by relying on big weeks from rookie QB Jayden Daniels, as well as geriatric receivers Mike Evans and Stefon Diggs.  Despite a big week from the Dallas defense, @Naturalhoosier is left wondering what possessed him to draft Amari Cooper and Evan Engram.  

image.png.aa4bae472c8e66c5b39087f0fc6d2816.png

• Like 3

On 9/10/2024 at 7:32 AM, 5fouls said:

HSN2 Weekly Recap

Winners: @02Hoosier, @Indykev; @btownqb; @mrflynn03; @Parakeet Jones. and @Sagamore

In the featured matchup of the week, Sagamore overcame the big fat 0.00 contributed by Christian McCaffrey by relying on big weeks from rookie QB Jayden Daniels, as well as geriatric receivers Mike Evans and Stefon Diggs.  Despite a big week from the Dallas defense, @Naturalhoosier is left wondering what possessed him to draft Amari Cooper and Evan Engram.  

image.png.aa4bae472c8e66c5b39087f0fc6d2816.png

i thought the story of the week was all the big ass whippings in this league and of course 5fouls losing in both leagues. :coffee:

• Haha 1

Featured matchups for Week 2

Champions League

The only matchup between two 1-0 teams.  @Indykev appears to have a formidable team should everyone in his starting lineup continue to perform at Week 1 levels.  And, he's poised to get even stronger at receiver with Hollywood Brown nearing a return to action.  In addition, he has 2019 covered with Dalvin Cook should the world get sucked into a time-altering black hole.

@B_A, meanwhile, has a little receiver problem with Puca Nacua out, Tee Higgins' status being up in the air, and some guy off the street throwing to Christian Watson.  That said, he still has the likes of Lamar Jackson, Nico Collins, Isaiah Pacheco, and George Kittle, who are all capable of huge games. 

image.png.d4277b3b28155bb0fc112d60ed8968e6.png

HSN2

In HSN2 this week, we will focus on the matchup between @02Hoosier and @TiminNC.

@02Hoosier beat 5fouls last week on the strength of about 87,400 points from 49ers kicker Jake Moody (no, I'm not bitter at all).  Assuming Moody only gets, let's say 8-10 points this week like a normal kicker (5fouls had a 12 point cushion this past week, and, no, I'm not bitter), 02Hoosier may have to rely on a repeat performance from Cooper Kupp.

@TiminNC, interestingly, has no Carolina players on his roster.  I would strongly encourage him to pick up 3-4 Panthers to optimize his team.  Bryce Young, Miles Sanders, and the Carolina defense can all be had through a Free Agent pickup.  Get them today before someone else does.  Short of stocking up on Panthers, Tim will have to rely on Josh Allen, a group of steady backs and receivers, and the 49er defense to try and get his first victory of the year..   

image.png.92916429e2ca6ac1624ae8d998359a08.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Featured matchups for Week 2

Champions League

The only matchup between two 1-0 teams.  @Indykev appears to have a formidable team should everyone in his starting lineup continue to perform at Week 1 levels.  And, he's poised to get even stronger at receiver with Hollywood Brown nearing a return to action.  In addition, he has 2019 covered with Dalvin Cook should the world get sucked into a time-altering black hole.

@B_A, meanwhile, has a little receiver problem with Puca Nacua out, Tee Higgins' status being up in the air, and some guy off the street throwing to Christian Watson.  That said, he still has the likes of Lamar Jackson, Nico Collins, Isaiah Pacheco, and George Kittle, who are all capable of huge games. 

image.png.d4277b3b28155bb0fc112d60ed8968e6.png

HSN2

In HSN2 this week, we will focus on the matchup between @02Hoosier and @TiminNC.

@02Hoosier beat 5fouls last week on the strength of about 87,400 points from 49ers kicker Jake Moody (no, I'm not bitter at all).  Assuming Moody only gets, let's say 8-10 points this week like a normal kicker (5fouls had a 12 point cushion this past week, and, no, I'm not bitter), 02Hoosier may have to rely on a repeat performance from Cooper Kupp.

@TiminNC, interestingly, has no Carolina players on his roster.  I would strongly encourage him to pick up 3-4 Panthers to optimize his team.  Bryce Young, Miles Sanders, and the Carolina defense can all be had through a Free Agent pickup.  Get them today before someone else does.  Short of stocking up on Panthers, Tim will have to rely on Josh Allen, a group of steady backs and receivers, and the 49er defense to try and get his first victory of the year..   

image.png.92916429e2ca6ac1624ae8d998359a08.png

Dalvin Cook will take over in the big D as soon as he learns the playbook. Cowboys say old Dalvin is running like old Dalvin in practice. you can use that line after he is active. no charge.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Dalvin Cook will take over in the big D as soon as he learns the playbook. Cowboys say old Dalvin is running like old Dalvin in practice.

You might be right.  Here's an image captured during Cowboys practice today.

89-year-old veteran scores touchdown

• Haha 2

On 9/11/2024 at 3:42 PM, Seeking6 said:

Man this Dolphins backfield is funny. Saw a tweet that basically sums it up. Mostert is aging so make sure you get Achane. Handcuff either with Wright just in case. Now Mostert is out, Achane banged up and the play now is you guessed it....Jeff Wilson.

Wright is going to have a big game tonight.  Why do I say that, you ask, since Achane is playing.  I say it because I picked up Wright in both HSN leagues, but since Achane is playing, I can't bring myself to start him.  I assume that Wilson will get most of the work when Achane is not on the field. 

So, watch Wright get 3 touches, but one of them will be a 77 yard TD. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

There goes my fantasy season. Tua probably just needs to retire.

I'm in 4 leagues.  Had Tua and Hill on one team.  Had Waddle on another (HSN2).  And, went against Achane in yet another (Champions).

A whole lot of ground to make up .

On my team with Tua, I went out and picked up Mayfield before Tua even made it to the locker room. 

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm in 4 leagues.  Had Tua and Hill on one team.  Had Waddle on another (HSN2).  And, went against Achane in yet another (Champions).

A whole lot of ground to make up .

On my team with Tua, I went out and picked up Mayfield before Tua even made it to the locker room. 

Losing my starting TE and qb in the same week is rough…slim pickings out there.