Offseason 2022

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

But didn't Woody say last year that they make them in practice?  Scrimmages mean nothing.  Can you make them at home against UNC?  Nothing else matters. 

How do you take August basketball this serious? 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

How do you take August basketball this serious? 

I'd say he's a glass half empty kinda guy from Missouri.   Also a huge IU fan for a very long time, so I completely understand.  Besides, we're talkin' religion here...right?  I mean...it's Indiana!   😉 😁

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

But didn't Woody say last year that they make them in practice?  Scrimmages mean nothing.  Can you make them at home against UNC?  Nothing else matters. 

It’s great that he shot that well and I realize it’s all for fun, but his left foot was on or over the line on at least 1/3 of those shots. He doesn’t square up on his shot and steps forward with his left leg. Those won’t be 3’s in a game. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

We're going to have to pick the tempo up a bit to get him that many shots in that short of a timeframe.  

Back in the day Rio Grande used to get Bevo

Francis more shots by immediately fouling the

opponents after they inbounded after a made

basket.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Tough crowd this morning! 😉 

And while I agree the proof will be in the pudding, I think the fact that Tamar has really worked on his shooting shows, despite all the challenges he's faced.

Tamar is a confident kid, and he got knocked back a little last year... And he's responded so far... Regaining that confidence is key for him... 

I'm hopeful that Tamar shows out this year.  It was pretty obvious he wasn't taking things serious last year and that was a big disappointment to me and hopefully, Tamar.  If he quits screwing around and plays like he's capable of, look out.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm hopeful that Tamar shows out this year.  It was pretty obvious he wasn't taking things serious last year and that was a big disappointment to me and hopefully, Tamar.  If he quits screwing around and plays like he's capable of, look out.

I think he had a lot of things on his mind last year that would distract anyone 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It’s great that he shot that well and I realize it’s all for fun, but his left foot was on or over the line on at least 1/3 of those shots. He doesn’t square up on his shot and steps forward with his left leg. Those won’t be 3’s in a game. 

I agree he kinda got lost on the where his foot was, but are you trying to say he doesn't have good form here? I'm genuinely confused by what you're saying about him not squaring up and stepping forward....

44 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I agree he had distractions. But he also had life altering events happen that were literally life and death in both directions.

I think it is safe to say he was distracted. I also agree if his mind is clear and he breaks out, we become a different team.

I am not sure i would agree with the assessment of him not taking things seriously.

I think it was a tough year, away from home and part of growing up. But I never got the sense from him, or anyrhing coaches have said, that implied he simply didn't take it seriously.   

That young man went through a lot of life in the past year. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree he kinda got lost on the where his foot was, but are you trying to say he doesn't have good form here? I'm genuinely confused by what you're saying about him not squaring up and stepping forward....

Yeah, I may be reading too much into his form when he's trying to get so many shots off in a short period. But, I'm saying, in this video, he doesn't square his feet or shoulders to the basket. If that is his shooting form, he'll need to set up farther behind the 3 pt line than a shooter who squares to the basket (or he'll be shooting a lot of long 2's, which is the worst shot in basketball). Also, if he sets up like that in the deep corner, he'll either have his left foot over the 3 pt line, or his right foot on the sideline. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Yeah, I may be reading too much into his form when he's trying to get so many shots off in a short period. But, I'm saying, in this video, he doesn't square his feet or shoulders to the basket. If that is his shooting form, he'll need to set up farther behind the 3 pt line than a shooter who squares to the basket (or he'll be shooting a lot of long 2's, which is the worst shot in basketball). Also, if he sets up like that in the deep corner, he'll either have his left foot over the 3 pt line, or his right foot on the sideline. 

I also hope that when Jordan Geronimo dunks over two people he doesn't use his off-arm for assistance, as that would be a clear offensive foul.

• Haha 4