2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

You guys know I'm a diehard Yankees fan. The Yanks backed into the best record in the AL, due to the fact the Guardians lost, and will have home field advantage thru the playoffs. Did they deserve it and do I think it will help them? No and Hell NO!! They have played like $hit this last week losing 2 of 3 to the O's and in danger of getting swept by the Pirates. Needless to say, I am not too optimistic about their chances of winning WS #28 at all.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

You guys know I'm a diehard Yankees fan. The Yanks backed into the best record in the AL, due to the fact the Guardians lost, and will have home field advantage thru the playoffs. Did they deserve it and do I think it will help them? No and Hell NO!! They have played like $hit this last week losing 2 of 3 to the O's and in danger of getting swept by the Pirates. Needless to say, I am not too optimistic about their chances of winning WS #28 at all.

200w(17).gif.1b168db28f19e889ece2d6c4be4c1dff.gif

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Dang. Pete Rose died. Lots of layers to that onion but in terms of baseball I'll take him and everything that went with him on my team all day long.

I grew up idolizing the Big Red Machine.  There is no doubt Pete loved the game of baseball.  But, the way he handled the aftermath of his suspension did him no favors.  Why he couldn't be repentant for what he did will forever taint him more than the actual ling betting.

• Like 2

Maybe it was because he was banned and you didn't see him around the game any longer.  Maybe it's because my baseball memories from my youth are centered around the Big Red Machine. Maybe it's because thinking of him being over 80 years old makes me feel old myself, but this is the way I'll always remember Pete Rose.

image.webp.174281ca439dd94cdc4527e31d98177b.webp

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

@Naturalhoosier.  I'm happy the Tigers won, but hate that your team loss.  I know how bad I would feel if that had been the Reds (who will probably never make the playoffs again anyway).  

@TheWatShot.  Hoping your boys go all the way.  

Thx. It sucks but not surprising. A lot of holes on this team and Detroit isn’t a slouch either. Flip side, it opens up some free time for other things now. 

I mentioned this after the Bell firing that Francona would be a Home Run hire.  I thought they were maybe waiting for the Yanks season to end to see if Boone became available. I'm glad they got it done now but would have been good with Boone also.  IMO, Francona can impact the Reds much like Bochy did for the Rangers. The Rangers have the money to supplement their young guys with top notch FA's so that could be a downside for the Reds but Francona is certainly a HOF caliber manager. Having him in dugout and hopefully having the McLain we saw on the field last year for a full year next season would be huge for this team. 

3 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Yanks post season starts tonight. Not feeling optimistic about their chances, offense is inconsistent, base running is terrible, and the pitching staff is a mystery, never know whta you'll get.

I am surprised to see both the O's and the Astros get eliminated.

First game is tomorrow.  Not tonight.

• Haha 1