2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Was in San Fran for first time in December last year, so not baseball season.  Did drive by Oracle on the way to catch a Warriors game, but it remains high on my list of stadiums I would like to see a game at one day.

Oh, by the way, how 'bout that Reds/Astros series so far?

Oracle is top 5 if not top 3. Beautiful stadium. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Nice return to Wrigley Field yesterday for some former Cub players, Rizzo and Stroman.

Rizzo got a warm welcome and Stroman pitched a 1 hit, 3-0 win against his former team!

It was good to see Rizzo return to the Wrigley for the first time since being traded away in 2021. Stroman? Meh. :coffee:

Rough week for the Cubbies, now losing 4 of the last 5 games. The slim playoff chances are pretty much gone. Not that I expected them to make a serious run, but the 9-1 stretch was neat while it lasted.

• Like 1

All I can say is when it came time to order a Cubs World Series Champion 2016 bobblehead, I ordered the Schwarber one and it wasn't even close. This dude helped IU go to the College World Series for the first time ever and then was part of the Cubs first WS win in over a century? What a legend, a literal legend. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I really like EDLC but he really needs to cut his strikeouts. He has now struck out 193 times and imagine what his numbers would be if he put the ball in play more often.

He swings and misses way too much, but stats show that he gets more 'bad' strikes called on him than just about anyone in the majors.  I assume his height is a contributing factor in that.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

He swings and misses way too much, but stats show that he gets more 'bad' strikes called on him than just about anyone in the majors.  I assume his height is a contributing factor in that.

Yep, they were talking about that Tuesday night on the broadcast. That ump that night was one of the worst called games I remember watching 

• Like 1

I can't remember a worse offense for the Reds. They just lost to the to the Cardinals 6-1 and they lost 2 of the 3 games in the series. The Reds scored 5 runs in the series on 15 hits. In the last 8 games the Reds gave scored 14 runs

The pitching has been surprisingly good since all the Reds starters are on the DL. In the first 23 innings of the series the Reds gave up 3 runs but Spiers gave up 5 runs in the last 3 innings today.

I noticed the Reds will start the same pitcher in all 3 games vs the Twins. His name is TBD

3 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Aaron Judge says hello.....

Yes,  He says "Hello, I've struck out 156 times myself this season, which is 12th most in MLB.  And, in my first full season in the Major Leagues, much like Elly is going to do, I led all of MLB with 208 strikeouts.  While some people compare me to the modern day Babe Ruth, it's worth noting that Babe never struck out more than 93 times in a season."

That's what Aaron Judge says.  

• Haha 2