2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The HP umpire in the Reds/Pirates game is horrible. He gave Skenes 4-5 inches outside on two called strikeouts 

I guess this u.p just sucks because now he helped Ladollo strike out a couple of guys with a wide strike zone 

6 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

The Cubs really need a sweep in South Florida this weekend. So, they will probably lose 2 of 3 games. :coffee:

The Reds will not win a game in South Florida this weekend.  In large part due to the fact they are in Pittsburgh.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The Reds will not win a game in South Florida this weekend.  In large part due to the fact they are in Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh and South Florida are very similar LOL!

Another Reds starter is in the he DL with Abbott going on today

This was the rotation on opening day 

Montas- traded

Green- DL

Lodolo - struggling and been on the DL a couple of times

Abbott - DL

Ashcraft- DL

Tonight shows why I despise using an opener and uses all relievers. Reds were up 5-0 going to the 5th and the first 3 relievers threw 4 no hit innings. The next guy came in and just got called up today and gave up 4 runs in the 5th and now in the 6th the next reliever just gave up the lead. The more pitchers you use the better chance you find guys not having it that day 

Saw this stat over the weekend. Ohtani's .294 average, 41 dongs, 94 RBI puts him on pace to be the 11th best season of Barry Bonds career.

People will say well he was HGH and to that I would say yep...and so were all the pitchers. 

Either way unreal how overlooked how historically great Bonds was and I'm not even a fan.

• Like 2

So, we just hired a new lady to work in my department. She came into my office last week to train/shadow for a couple hours, and we started out with small talk and I saw her looking at my Cubs/Bears decor in my office and asked her if she was a sports fan, and she said yes, she was a cardinals fan. At that point I asked her to kindly leave my office. :coffee:

• Haha 3

On 8/16/2024 at 3:04 PM, 5fouls said:

It's intent goes beyond 'innings'.  It would force starting pitchers to pitch more to contact with the goal of reducing walks and strikeouts, which are bad for the sport.

Pitchers easily reached that goal 20-25 years ago, and blasted by it back in the 70's and 80's.  

ESPN interviewed Justin Verlander during tonights game and he said virtually the same. Said they need to make pitchers find ways to pitch and get guys out 2-3 times and get rid of the "throw as hard as you can for as long as you can" mentality. Also said if it takes rule changes to make that happen thats what they need to do.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, IUFLA said:

PCA and Miguel Amaya are starting to figure it out...last 20 game, PCA at .297 and Amaya is at .299 over his last 25

Yeah even if this late surge is too little, too late to get in the playoffs, I will take heart in the improvement of these two gentlemen. Bodes well for the future.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2024 at 3:18 PM, IU Scott said:

Pittsburgh and South Florida are very similar LOL!

Another Reds starter is in the he DL with Abbott going on today

This was the rotation on opening day 

Montas- traded

Green- DL

Lodolo - struggling and been on the DL a couple of times

Abbott - DL

Ashcraft- DL

Update Lodolo on the DL for the 4th time this year and the 8th time in the last 3 years.

17 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Can we just get a cape with a big red S on it for Aaron Judge?? when he isn't hitting home runs, like hitting 2 in a game on Sunday for his 50th and 51st, he is leaping tall fences to rob home runs and then turns it into a double play!!!

HOLY COW

New York doesn’t deserve him. He’ll get booed by the hometown when they are eliminated in their first playoff series.